PDA

View Full Version : Short Film Shot and Edited Entirely on iPhone 4

MacRumors
Jun 29, 2010, 11:04 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/29/short-film-shot-and-edited-entirely-on-iphone-4/)

A short film (http://vimeo.com/12819723) shot and edited entirely on an iPhone 4 has been making the rounds over the past day or two, demonstrating the camera and video capabilities of Apple's newest device. While the video itself is less than 90 seconds long, it shows off iPhone 4's HD video recording feature and camera quality while also proving that simple, high-quality editing can be performed using Apple's iMovie for iPhone (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/24/imovie-for-iphone-4-released-into-app-store/) application on the device.

The footage has also been expanded to include behind-the-scenes video of how the shoot was conducted, including the various mounting methods used to capture desired perspectives and motion. The entire shoot and editing process was conducted in 48 hours.

Article Link: Short Film Shot and Edited Entirely on iPhone 4 (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/29/short-film-shot-and-edited-entirely-on-iphone-4/)

nickXedge
Jun 29, 2010, 11:12 PM
My buddy showed me this video about 10 hours ago because he knows I got my iPhone 4 today. Pretty cool, though I just downloaded the iMovie app and it doesn't seem as easy to use as I thought it would be. I'm not really a video editing guy though, so I'll pick it up eventually.

Bigyella
Jun 29, 2010, 11:14 PM
Did anyone notice, that while she was editing it, holding it in her left hand. IT HAD NO BARS?

joeshmo2010
Jun 29, 2010, 11:23 PM
Did anyone notice, that while she was editing it, holding it in her left hand. IT HAD NO BARS?

it still had one.

Wurm5150
Jun 29, 2010, 11:54 PM
Those USC Film School peeps... I tell ya, doesn't matter what camera they use, they always come up with great stuff... Wish I had gone there for film school.

Not bad for a short done on a phone...

Don't be surprised to see films at next year's Sundance Fest done entirely on the iPhone...

jglavin
Jun 30, 2010, 12:07 AM
Did anyone notice, that while she was editing it, holding it in her left hand. IT HAD NO BARS?Don't need a cell signal to edit video!

Impressive work, here. iMovie is a pretty barebones editor, really; this just goes to show that it is the artist that makes the art and not the tools.

nostaws
Jun 30, 2010, 12:08 AM
watched the video, and through the whole thing, I thought, "no way this was done with the iphone." Then I saw the "making of" and was blown away.

Way cool.

BlondeBuddhist
Jun 30, 2010, 12:35 AM
Wow. It has motivated me to put "mess with iMovie on the MacBook" on my creative "to-do's" again.

$5 isn't logical...... yet

Blonde Buddhist

iphones4evry1
Jun 30, 2010, 12:41 AM
It's clear that these people were professionals - did you see that expensive device at the beginning of the behind-the-scenes part that held the camera as she slid it on a track? They basically took a bunch of professional movie devices and techniques and harnessed the iPhone camera into those situations. It is cool though that the iPhone was able to capture and produce this high quality footage though. Excellent job by iPhone. But I wouldn't plan on being able to make this at home yourself ... although you may be able to get close.

kockgunner
Jun 30, 2010, 12:42 AM
Wow! That gave me the chills. Great shots and great music. The only thing I noticed is the beginning shot had the phone trying to constantly adjust exposure making the lighting wavy. Otherwise, darn it if I couldn't tell the difference between an iPhone and a DSLR's video quality.

SnowLeopard2008
Jun 30, 2010, 12:53 AM
That was awesome... I can't believe the quality. You don't need special equipment, it was just a wooden board on wheels (dolly) for the train shots and a couple of stands for the opening and closing scenes. And that arm to capture the scene with the train coming out of that tunnel probably isn't expensive either.

HONDAxACURA
Jun 30, 2010, 12:59 AM
Anyone else see the 1 bar when she's holding the phone?

jbee
Jun 30, 2010, 01:00 AM
Grandpa looks well dodgy, call the cops!!

MacFly123
Jun 30, 2010, 01:34 AM
Wow! That gave me the chills. Great shots and great music. The only thing I noticed is the beginning shot had the phone trying to constantly adjust exposure making the lighting wavy. Otherwise, darn it if I couldn't tell the difference between an iPhone and a DSLR's video quality.

Uh that may be a bit of a stretch! :rolleyes:

It was good, don't get me wrong. I am a film-maker and tech analyst and I am amazed at what we can do with these devices these days!

iMovie on iPhone is pretty good but it needs a little work. Some of the icons are confusing, for example the record from camera icon is a still camera with an arrow pointing down. It needs to be the normal video camera icon (like in the camera when you slide it to capture video). Little things like that, but Apple should have caught that before it launched!

Brien
Jun 30, 2010, 01:46 AM
Those USC Film School peeps... I tell ya, doesn't matter what camera they use, they always come up with great stuff... Wish I had gone there for film school.

Not bad for a short done on a phone...

Don't be surprised to see films at next year's Sundance Fest done entirely on the iPhone...

Agreed. I think the iPhone may make everyone armchair directors, much like cheap digital cameras made everyone armchair photographers.

And those USC guys, don't get me started on them. ;)

iNelson
Jun 30, 2010, 01:47 AM
Very cool. Looking forward to making movies myself.

mottdog
Jun 30, 2010, 02:31 AM
Very nice. I was blown away.

BraveArts
Jun 30, 2010, 02:41 AM
Quite incredible the quality that is coming out of iPhone 4.
A nice little short with some adventurous camera work. Just a taster of what's to come methinks. Well done guys & well done Apple. Love it!:)

Jun 30, 2010, 03:25 AM
Really nice short film, but I'm not really blown away by the results from the iPhone.

The auto exposure adjustment in the outdoor scenes is pretty bad. It'd be nice if there was an option to keep the exposure that it picks at the start, and not auto-adjust as you go.

Just keep in mind that this short film is great because of the person who made it, not the device. I'm sure he could shoot something just as nice on any other 1 or 2 megapixel phone.

That aside, the video quality of the iPhone is much nicer than I have seen from any other phone.

AppleFantastic4
Jun 30, 2010, 03:31 AM
this is just awesome. can't believe it
in the future, you will see something like iphone 4 short version lord of the ring
can't wait to try it myself :D

Snips
Jun 30, 2010, 05:09 AM
That made me gag.

jayducharme
Jun 30, 2010, 07:42 AM
Wow. Just wow. I keep having to remind myself that they're using a phone! Their story was simple and well-designed. And it proves that, with persistence, it can be done. I'm really impressed.

Chris Blount
Jun 30, 2010, 07:56 AM
This is another example of how it doesn't matter what camera or editing software you are using, if you have the talent, you can make some pretty impressive videos.

ikeywah
Jun 30, 2010, 08:48 AM
I know it's been said before me, but it really is the brain behind the work.
They put the effort in and it paid off.
Good job guys.

It's good to see people working so hard and being a little creative. I hope the publicity from this video makes a positive change for them in the future.

Well, they were obviously smart enough to have turned all networking off (Airplane mode) etc while filming...

i.evolve
Jun 30, 2010, 09:15 AM
as a very amateur film maker I will say that the ability to make this quality of a video on a "phone" is simply amazing!!!

cohibadad
Jun 30, 2010, 09:24 AM
I was impressed when I saw this the other day and I agree it is really the result of the person making it and the equipment he uses to move the iPhone even more so than the iPhone itself. But the whole "edited entirely on iPhone 4" should have a caveat. I believe he said he offloaded the video from iPhone to his computer to do some audio work then loaded it back onto his iPhone for the editing in iMovie. iMovie for iPhone lacks the audio customization needed to add layers of soundtrack and voice recording from a separate device. It just adds one audio to the entire movie. But the quality for an iPhone is great IMO.

Here is his quote:

"Michael Koerbel 3 days ago
ADR recorded on the iPhone in a closed car, then clips were extracted and added and mixed with the score track prior to syncing in iTunes and putting back onto the iPhone to be used in iMovie ... it took us a bit to figure it out, but it worked."

bassjunky
Jun 30, 2010, 09:43 AM
That was really cool. I see a need for a dock-connecting device that allows for connecting professional microphones and not rely on the internal mic. That would be sweet.

jamest71
Jun 30, 2010, 10:02 AM

Yeah I did. LMFAO

I can't believe I'm still holding out for the new iPhone, maybe in a month I'll bite the bullet.

jamest71
Jun 30, 2010, 10:05 AM
Grandpa looks well dodgy, call the cops!!

When he did that look around before walking away I was creeped out.
What KIND of story was he going to tell her?

GoCubsGo
Jun 30, 2010, 10:23 AM
This is real nice ... grandpa looks creepy. :p

Abyssgh0st
Jun 30, 2010, 10:30 AM
It's okay, but god the voice audio is absolutely terrible.

cohibadad
Jun 30, 2010, 11:19 AM
That was really cool. I see a need for a dock-connecting device that allows for connecting professional microphones and not rely on the internal mic. That would be sweet.

Exactly

logicpro7
Jun 30, 2010, 11:42 AM

Check this out!

http://www.wantowle.com/

I'm looking to purchase one if i can find a UK supplier!

mtwilford
Jun 30, 2010, 11:43 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/29/short-film-shot-and-edited-entirely-on-iphone-4/)

A short film (http://vimeo.com/12819723) shot and edited entirely on an iPhone 4 has been making the rounds over the past day or two, demonstrating the camera and video capabilities of Apple's newest device. While the video itself is less than 90 seconds long, it shows off iPhone 4's HD video recording feature and camera quality while also proving that simple, high-quality editing can be performed using Apple's iMovie for iPhone (http://www.macrumors.com/2010/06/24/imovie-for-iphone-4-released-into-app-store/) application on the device.

The footage has also been expanded to include behind-the-scenes video of how the shoot was conducted, including the various mounting methods used to capture desired perspectives and motion. The entire shoot and editing process was conducted in 48 hours.

Article Link: Short Film Shot and Edited Entirely on iPhone 4 (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2010/06/29/short-film-shot-and-edited-entirely-on-iphone-4/)

WOW - Amazing, great job :D

bsamcash
Jun 30, 2010, 11:46 AM
Wow! I'm impressed! The iPhone 4 seems well worth the price as just a dedicated video camera. I've worked with 720p 24fps cams costing $700 that didn't look as professional.

But I'm just an amateur, and more interested in the photo quality.

bretm
Jun 30, 2010, 12:33 PM
Really nice short film, but I'm not really blown away by the results from the iPhone.

The auto exposure adjustment in the outdoor scenes is pretty bad. It'd be nice if there was an option to keep the exposure that it picks at the start, and not auto-adjust as you go.

Just keep in mind that this short film is great because of the person who made it, not the device. I'm sure he could shoot something just as nice on any other 1 or 2 megapixel phone.

That aside, the video quality of the iPhone is much nicer than I have seen from any other phone.

So your point is? The video quality is great. The director was great. The editing with iMovie was great. Yes he could have shot on any other device. The difference would be that 99% of other devices shooting 720p in this price range look like utter crap. Plus, they don't have decent editing tools built in, meaning the video has to be transfixed to something else, dumped on another machine, etc.

nostaws
Jun 30, 2010, 02:23 PM

How about plugging in some boom mic into the headphone jack? I have used the headphones/microphone to record some simple voice overs for web videos in using my iphone 3G. The only problem I see, is whether when the recorder is recording it will be know to pull the audio through that jack.

BklynKid
Jun 30, 2010, 03:28 PM
It's very professional equipment with a tiny iPhone. It's still very impressive however. Great work!

jeffreyropp
Jun 30, 2010, 04:05 PM
My brother brought up a great point - how long before someone touts the first p0rn flick filmed and edited entirely on the iPhone. Someone in the San Fernando Valley is probably working on it now.

eastercat
Jun 30, 2010, 04:34 PM
This is another example of how it doesn't matter what camera or editing software you are using, if you have the talent, you can make some pretty impressive videos.+1 However, good software and hardware helps.

It's clear that these people were professionals - did you see that expensive device at the beginning of the behind-the-scenes part that held the camera as she slid it on a track? They basically took a bunch of professional movie devices and techniques and harnessed the iPhone camera into those situations. It is cool though that the iPhone was able to capture and produce this high quality footage though. Excellent job by iPhone. But I wouldn't plan on being able to make this at home yourself ... although you may be able to get close.I think someone pointed out, upthread, that the devices used weren't all that elaborate. Even if they are expensive, don't you think someone would be able to MacGyver a DIY solution? For example, they affixed the iPhone to the train using some tape. That doesn't sound like very expensive equipment to me. :rolleyes:

benpatient
Jun 30, 2010, 04:50 PM
that girl was "fake licking" the ice cream cone.

video quality wasn't bad. definitely shows some limitations with respect to exposure and color and depth of field, but nothing you wouldn't expect from a small camera. The ability to edit on-camera is unique at this point, so that's pretty cool, although the imovie app itself isn't quite what it should be.

still, better than anything else out there that's on a cell phone, by far.

Popeye206
Jun 30, 2010, 09:09 PM
Simply amazing. Nice work all around and amazing it was shot on a cell phone. You wouldn't know if they didn't tell you.

We've come a long ways in the last 20 years.

*j-w-m*
Jun 30, 2010, 10:38 PM
It's clear that these people were professionals - did you see that expensive device at the beginning of the behind-the-scenes part that held the camera as she slid it on a track? They basically took a bunch of professional movie devices and techniques and harnessed the iPhone camera into those situations.

The devices they were using are actually quite simple and not at all expensive. A slider such as the one mounted on the tripod in the BTS footage can be had for a couple hundred dollars. The dolly they used was homemade out of plywood and pvc pipe track. These are very basic tools that work with the iPhone because it is neither large nor heavy. Professional techniques yes, but not expensive.

Michael73
Jun 30, 2010, 10:50 PM
Possible: Yes.

Practical: No.

I'm not referring to shooting the movie, merely the editing on an iPhone. Did you see how absolutely spent they all were after working for 24 hours at 5am? My guess is that it all could have been edited in iMovie on an MBP in a fraction of the time and not because of the power of the MBP but because of the screen size and interface of a mouse versus a touch screen allows you to accomplish that much more.

All that said, way to go - nice piece of film-making guys!

muskratboy
Jul 1, 2010, 01:22 AM
"Michael Koerbel 3 days ago
ADR recorded on the iPhone in a closed car, then clips were extracted and added and mixed with the score track prior to syncing in iTunes and putting back onto the iPhone to be used in iMovie ... it took us a bit to figure it out, but it worked."

that's the one thing i was thinking.... "how are they doing the sound?"

and that also explains why the looping is off... because he couldn't see the video and record the audio at the same time. maybe with 2 phones?

i think they had to motion-track the heck out of some of that footage... the video is good, but with ZERO image stabilization, it jumps all over the place. riding on that train like that would be jumpy as heck i would think.

runonthespot
Jul 1, 2010, 06:53 AM
that's the one thing i was thinking.... "how are they doing the sound?"

and that also explains why the looping is off... because he couldn't see the video and record the audio at the same time. maybe with 2 phones?

i think they had to motion-track the heck out of some of that footage... the video is good, but with ZERO image stabilization, it jumps all over the place. riding on that train like that would be jumpy as heck i would think.

I don't think so, otherwise they didn't do it on the iphone, because at least I couldn't find any image stabilisation features on iphone imovie implementation. I think they probably realised pretty quickly that the only way to make anything look professional with a phone is to do every shot with dollies... same as most other pro productions. The train ride is fairly bumpy.

runonthespot
Jul 1, 2010, 06:54 AM
maybe with 2 phones?

Speaking of which, how long until some bright spark attaches two of these things onto a mount and makes the first 3d iphone footage ? :cool:

mattwolfmatt
Jul 1, 2010, 07:51 AM
Blue nail polish on the girl was distracting. Sorry, but it's not the choice I'd make.

danpass
Jul 1, 2010, 07:58 AM
My buddy showed me this video about 10 hours ago because he knows I got my iPhone 4 today. Pretty cool, though I just downloaded the iMovie app and it doesn't seem as easy to use as I thought it would be. I'm not really a video editing guy though, so I'll pick it up eventually.

Check my sigline for tips :)

Les Kern
Jul 1, 2010, 08:15 AM
This is another example of how it doesn't matter what camera or editing software you are using, if you have the talent, you can make some pretty impressive videos.

That's just it for me. I would go one step further and ask "why do it on an iPhone?". Were they making an Apple commercial?
What was the REAL point of this video?
I have no idea.

L3X
Jul 1, 2010, 09:39 AM
Speaking of which, how long until some bright spark attaches two of these things onto a mount and makes the first 3d iphone footage ? :cool:
+1. funny.

I think the only point of this film is to show the capabilities of the iPhone 4 and to have some fun with it. Sure, if they were working on a real film, they would not be doing this and using professional cameras and other gear.

These artists wanted to try something new and see what they could pull off. Artists like to try new things and experiment and see what they can accomplish. Also, this film has helped all of us point out some of the iPhone's shortcomings.

They did a bang-up job, though.

danpass
Jul 1, 2010, 10:04 AM

plug in the apple headphones that come with the iphone. It overrides the phone mic.

You can then hold the phone anywhere and your voice will be the same (since the mic is by your mouth at all times. I just stick one of the buds in my ear).

I'm sure any mic, a lapel mic for example, will work fine with the right jack.

cohibadad
Jul 1, 2010, 10:23 AM
Check my sigline for tips :)

Nice tips. I noticed the limitation of no text on static images for the iMovie app. Your solution is great.

iPadPublisher
Jul 1, 2010, 05:12 PM
Call me a stickler for details, but the girl's fake lick of her ice cream as she approached the window was, well, bad acting. <poke>

But seriously... all in all this was a cool demo of the phone and its capabilities. I'm sure Apple people are beaming with pride.

xdhd350
Jul 1, 2010, 07:16 PM

Plenty of options out there already. You can plug ANY mic into the top jack if you can get it adapted to a 1/8 mini phone jack. I have adapters for all that stuff.

As far as on the camera itself, there is the Vericorder and one from Blue (which plugs into the dock connector and has a speaker also). They're available on Amazon.

tjanuranus
Jul 1, 2010, 10:38 PM
That's just it for me. I would go one step further and ask "why do it on an iPhone?". Were they making an Apple commercial?
I have no idea.

um because if it was made with normal equipment no one would have cared. the only reason anyone cares about this is BECAUSE it's done on the iphone 4.

Resist
Jul 1, 2010, 10:57 PM
that girl was "fake licking" the ice cream cone.I saw that as well. I was like, "who licks ice cream like that?".

eastercat
Jul 2, 2010, 03:35 AM
I have no idea.I think someone on another thread pointed out its potential in amateur porn.:D With regards to your question, it might be how an amateur can get her/his start in movies. After all, if you can do an amazing movie on the iPhone, imagine what you can do with professional grade equipment.

codymac
Jul 2, 2010, 02:31 PM
I'm surprised the Ducati film hasn't been mentioned yet:

http://hoptocopter.com/blog/2010/6/29/iphone-4-film-156-turns-is-finally-posted.html

g30hd3
Jul 3, 2010, 01:14 AM
Grandpa..

………………….._,,-~’’’―――’’~-,,
………………..,-‘’ ; ; ;_,,---,,_ ; ;’’-,…………………………….._,,,---,,_
……………….,’ ; ; ;,-‘ , , , , , ‘-, ; ;’-,,,,---~~’’’’’’~--,,,_…..,,-~’’ ; ; ; ;__;’-,
……………….| ; ; ;,’ , , , _,,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ―’’~’-,,_ ,,-~’’ , , ‘, ;’,
……………….’, ; ; ‘-, ,-~’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-, , , , , ,’ ; |
…………………’, ; ;,’’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-, , ,-‘ ;,-‘
………………….,’-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’’-‘ ;,,-‘
………………..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;__ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,’
………………,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,-‘’―: : ’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; _ ; ; ; ; ;’,
……………..,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;| : : : : : :| ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,-‘’―: ―’’-, ; ; ;’,
…………….,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘-,_: : _,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | : : : : : :| ; ; ; |
……………,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ―― ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’-,,_ : :,-‘ ; ; ; ;|
…………..,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,,-~’’ , , , , ,,,-~~-, , , , _ ; ; ;―― ; ; ; ; ;|
..…………,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;,’ , , , , , , ,( : : : : ) , , , ,’’-, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;|
……….,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’, , , , , , , , ,’~---~’’ , , , , , ,’ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;’,
…….,-‘’ ; _, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘’~-,,,,--~~’’’―’’’~-,,_ , ,_,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘,
….,-‘’-~’’,-‘ ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; | ; ; | . . . . . . ,’; ,’’― ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ,_ ; ‘-,
……….,’ ; ;,-, ; ;, ; ; ;, ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ‘, ; ;’, . . . . .,’ ;,’ ; ; ; ;, ; ; ;,’-, ; ;,’ ‘’~--‘’’

iSimx
Jul 3, 2010, 07:56 AM
Impressed by the iPhone 4 camera and the possibilities are amazing.

The film itself was creepy and the acting was really quite cringe worthy. Infact I felt embarrassed watching it.

MadDog31
Jul 3, 2010, 09:56 PM
I have no idea.

I assume it's to show the video quality of the iPhone 4. I enjoyed it, even though it didn't completely make my day infinitely better. It's cool to see creativity.

DAVIDUGLY
Jul 4, 2010, 01:32 AM
Perhaps someday we'll have "short phone call placed entirely on iPhone 4."

usasalazar
Jul 5, 2010, 06:54 PM
They should have spent 48 hours working on a clear story concept.

Trains - great, now what was the "film" about?!?

USC at it's best. :p

ANTAWNM26
Jul 8, 2010, 09:11 AM
Don't need a cell signal to edit video!

Impressive work, here. iMovie is a pretty barebones editor, really; this just goes to show that it is the artist that makes the art and not the tools.

Yeah you need a cell signal to receive a damn call, maybe an important/emergency incoming call..wow

Mac-Mariachi
Jul 11, 2010, 07:55 PM
That Michael Koerbel guy looks a lot like Seth Rogen (aka Green Hornet).

Anyway, that is pretty cool. Can΄t wait to get my hands on my new iPhone 4 once it arrives in Mexico.

Gator24765
Jul 11, 2010, 10:55 PM
Possible: Yes.

Practical: No.

I'm not referring to shooting the movie, merely the editing on an iPhone. Did you see how absolutely spent they all were after working for 24 hours at 5am? My guess is that it all could have been edited in iMovie on an MBP in a fraction of the time and not because of the power of the MBP but because of the screen size and interface of a mouse versus a touch screen allows you to accomplish that much more.

All that said, way to go - nice piece of film-making guys!

Im pretty sure that the point they were trying to make was the fact that they could edit a very good video on the iphone which is why they didnt use a macbook

rajbonham
Jul 12, 2010, 02:52 AM
They should have spent 48 hours working on a clear story concept.

Trains - great, now what was the "film" about?!?

USC at it's best. :p

Haha, oh dear... I agree with you on their lack of story, but what's with the USC attack?

sportster
Jul 13, 2010, 10:06 AM
Cool video, impressive. I would never do anything like that, but it still makes me what the iPhone 4 even more.

LenWilliams
Jul 13, 2010, 10:15 AM
I've seen it, Apple of My Eye, it's unbelievably good... I've been an Apple fan for a long time. If anybody is interested, there's an iPhone 4g short film call for entries on a website, the deadline for final submissions is August 20th, but I don't know what the winners are offered:confused: Anyway, it'll only prove how good iPhone technology is...

bushbaby
Jul 13, 2010, 12:17 PM
Haha, oh dear... I agree with you on their lack of story, but what's with the USC attack?

USC film school has always had a reputation for turning out beautifully produced films -- great production values, costly budget -- but lacking in story. This is compared to the other top films schools and of course it's a generalization. Many great filmmakers came out of there but directors known for their story sense often come out of the other schools (UCLA, NYU, Columbia etc.), or don't come out of any school at all.

cohibadad
Jul 14, 2010, 12:22 PM
The most perplexing thing about this film is how did he get the video back onto the iPhone after mixing the sound. He mentioned a program in one of the comments:

Michael Koerbel 13 days ago
google "AVGo iPod/iPhone to Mac Transfer"

Best $30 purchase ever.

I read about the program on the site but I couldn't tell if or how you could get the video back on the iPhone in an editable form. I believe for iMovie to use it it needs to be in iPhoto on the iPhone.

Anyone know about this AVGo program or any other way to get video back on the iPhone?

madvic
Aug 7, 2010, 01:34 AM
Check out that latest iPhone 4 video making the round. It's called "The Tennis Champ" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rV0tzYx8Gk)