Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bawstun

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
So far I've purchased a $15.99 silicon black/smoke grey case from Best Buy, an Apple black Bumper case, and now my Incipio NGP case. I must say the Incipio NGP case offers, by far, the most protection, style, and easy-button pushing of all.

I didn't like the silicon case from BB because the buttons are too hard to push. The sleep/wake button takes quite a bit of force as well as the volume buttons. The bumper of course offers easy button pushing as it mimicks the steel buttons and has replicas of them, but it offers absolutely ZERO drop protection. No coverage of the back, either.

The Incipipo case isn't pure silicon so it slides easily in and out of a pocket, doesn't collect lint/dust, and feels more like a jelly material than anything. Sure, it makes the phone look sort of box-y. But it covers the back, the button tactile pushing is GREAT, they fit perfectly and it's like pushing the buttons without a case even being there, and it offers (IMO) great drop protection and back protection for the price (24.99).

babby

macrumors member
Jan 26, 2008
Any flash distortion?

Does this case distort the flash at all? I was considering this case or the bumper? The flash is the only thing holding me back at this point.

Bawstun

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
^ I can pretty much echo all of that. I tried getting pics online (as I have no camera to take pics of how it looks on my phone) but came up short.

It adds some thickness to the phone, and makes it look somewhat boxy, but overall I'm a pretty picky person when it comes to my cases for my phone and I just love this.

Slides in and out of pocket easily, durable material, buttons push easy, etc.

I love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.