PDA

View Full Version : iPhone SDK 4 can't find it!

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 12:03 PM
Hello Everybody,
I am trying to get the iPhone SDK 4 (used for developing apps) and I visited https://developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action#downloads and downloaded the XCode and iPhone SDK 4 but i can't seem to find it on my computer (Mac). Can someone try downloading it or if you have can you tell me where to find it on my computer.

I have installed it onto my computer.

Thank you.

bweberapps
Jun 30, 2010, 12:59 PM
It's installed to a folder called Developer at the root level of your hard drive. The installation tells you where it will be installed.

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 01:20 PM
It's installed to a folder called Developer at the root level of your hard drive. The installation tells you where it will be installed.

I've checked there in every single folder and its not there. Is it an application or something else.

dejo
Jun 30, 2010, 01:22 PM
I've checked there in every single folder and its not there. Is it an application or something else.
What exactly are you looking for? You should have a /Developer folder. Within that is Applications. That folder contains Xcode.app, etc.

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 03:08 PM
I do have a developer folder and inside the applications are xcode, dashcode, interface builder, and instruments etc... But where do I find the iPhone Simulator? Is it inside XCode? If it is I can't find it and I have downloaded it.

Thanks

dejo
Jun 30, 2010, 03:37 PM
I do have a developer folder and inside the applications are xcode, dashcode, interface builder, and instruments etc... But where do I find the iPhone Simulator? Is it inside XCode? If it is I can't find it and I have downloaded it.
Ah, you're looking for the Simulator! Didn't know that from your previous posts. Yeah, the Simulator is launched from within Xcode; not really a separate app. Once you Build and Run your project, the Simulator will show up.

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks. But what type of template should I use to run it? Cocoa Application?
And what type of program do you need to write to have it work? Like, I've written a program and when it builds and run the iPhone Simulator doesn't show up. Any solutions?

dejo
Jun 30, 2010, 03:53 PM
Look for the attached picture when you do File > New Project...:

If you don't see that, you haven't downloaded the iPhone SDK.

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 03:56 PM
Could you send the picture again? I can;t view it

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 05:15 PM
Ok thanks dejo. I'll try to download it again. After I download the iPhone SDK and install it what should I do then?

bweberapps
Jun 30, 2010, 05:21 PM
Ok thanks dejo. I'll try to download it again. After I download the iPhone SDK and install it what should I do then?

I would suggest going through the documentation on the developer website. There are tutorials such as a HelloWorld tutorial that should get you started. I also recommend the free Stanford iPhone Programming Class on iTunesU.

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks bweberapps should I download the iPhone SDK from here:http://developer.apple.com/iphone/index.action

dejo
Jun 30, 2010, 05:57 PM
Curious: what is the name of the file you've downloaded?

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 07:45 PM
Curious: what is the name of the file you've downloaded?

the .dmg file is
Xcode_3.2.3._and_iphone_sdk_4_final.dmg

dejo
Jun 30, 2010, 07:51 PM
the .dmg file is
Xcode_3.2.3._and_iphone_sdk_4_final.dmg
That's the one!

armyguy26
Jun 30, 2010, 10:15 PM
That's the one!

Ok. I'll try it, thanks for your help along the way
Also, Dejo how do you get the iPhone Simulator? After I install it what do I do? Do I just open Xcode and it'll be there?