PDA

View Full Version : ripples.

firewire2001
Aug 14, 2002, 09:52 PM
Hey.. id rather not go into the details, but basically i am looking for help at createing some "icons" for a web site i am working on.. and maybe even a banner.

later in this section i may post more about this project asking for feedback.

the basic idea behind the site i am working on is that people would be able to upload images to this site and create a simple photo album. the main thing is that it would be simple, elegant, and would be simple enough for your average teenager to use..

there are many similar services out there now, but i would like to create a more simple and elegant solution.

i am pretty much done with the entire layout of the site.. but am working on some graphics...

basically i want to create an icon that represents a phone and an email type logo...

however, it has to be small.. like 18*16 pixels...

heres what i have so far:

firewire2001
Aug 14, 2002, 09:58 PM
regarding the banner -- i want to have something at the toop of the page.. my banner isnt very good right now.. in fact its pretty corny...

i am thinking of just leaving it the way it is for a while.. but if anyone is interested heres what it has to conform to.. it has to be 560*85 pixels...

it really can be whatever.. alls it has to say is "ripples" on it.. i got the actrual ripples from an apple desktop image.. i prolly may want to change that :(.. um.. the oshkosh stuff doesnt have to be on there.. im prolly gonna get rid of that totally..

thanks a LOT for taking an iterest..

heres what i have so far:

Durandal7
Aug 14, 2002, 10:18 PM
Here's a banner, I'm not sure if it matches your site though.

firewire2001
Aug 14, 2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by asurace
Here's a banner, I'm not sure if it matches your site though.

haha.. thats interesting... do you think you could send me the psd of it..? do you mind if i edited it a little and maybe took part of you idea?

thanks a lot for your help.. :)

Mr. Anderson
Aug 14, 2002, 10:56 PM
This whole ripples thing sounds really familliar - and I can't quite figure out why - something from many years ago. How long have you been working on this? Have you ever lived in DC?

D

firewire2001
Aug 14, 2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
This whole ripples thing sounds really familliar - and I can't quite figure out why - something from many years ago. How long have you been working on this? Have you ever lived in DC?

D

i think i may have posted a thread a while ago regarding the design of the site and may have posted a link to the site, when i still had it up..

ive beemn working on it for about one year.. but very sparsely.

if you're inetersted i could put the site online.. though id rather keep it (sort of) private..

bousozoku
Aug 14, 2002, 11:56 PM
Why not something like this with the wave pattern inside the text?

Durandal7
Aug 15, 2002, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by firewire2001

haha.. thats interesting... do you think you could send me the psd of it..? do you mind if i edited it a little and maybe took part of you idea?

thanks a lot for your help.. :)

I'll get around to it tommorow, I don't have access to the computer I did it on right now.

firewire2001
Aug 15, 2002, 12:33 PM
ha! i guess this is the first thread in the recuitement category.. :)..

Mr. Anderson
Aug 15, 2002, 12:51 PM
it was originally posted in the project forum, but I moved it here this morning.

and firewire, I'd love to help, but unless you're going to pay me, I've got way too much to do right now. Sorry.

D

firewire2001
Aug 15, 2002, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
it was originally posted in the project forum, but I moved it here this morning.

and firewire, I'd love to help, but unless you're going to pay me, I've got way too much to do right now. Sorry.

D

oh.. ok no worries.. im chure its not easy being a graphics designer..

i may ask you, in the future, duke, if my site takes off to do some work (paid, of course..) with some of the stuff in the site...

thanks everyone for the replies!