PDA

View Full Version : Vaja Agenda Version 2

arcangel6
Jun 30, 2010, 08:56 PM
Just tried ordering one but the MACSTORIES coupon which was working this afternoon is now showing as expired at 8:40 EST today.

:)

Joe

http://www.zanerian.com/VajaAgenda2.jpg

GoCubsGo
Jun 30, 2010, 09:02 PM
Ok, and?

Hammie
Jun 30, 2010, 09:05 PM
Hmmm...

I think I like the Version 1 and not just because I already order it.

arcangel6
Jun 30, 2010, 09:50 PM
Hmmm...

I think I like the Version 1 and not just because I already order it.

After giving it some thought, I would agree that Ver 1 is cooler.

thedarkhorse
Jun 30, 2010, 10:02 PM
is that dockable? looks alot nicer than my $50 marware case...

7racer
Jul 1, 2010, 12:37 AM
I LOVE THIS ONE! Finally! I think this is much better than ver 1. Small, thin, elegant. I hate how on ver 1 there is the added thickness for the flap thing.

Hammie
Jul 1, 2010, 08:21 AM
I LOVE THIS ONE! Finally! I think this is much better than ver 1. Small, thin, elegant. I hate how on ver 1 there is the added thickness for the flap thing.

I totally understand where you are coming from. I can see the benefit of the thinner design. I just seem to like the flap concept a little better.

I doubt that I would get both, but never say never, right? :)

Lenow
Jul 1, 2010, 01:07 PM
I love the look of the Agenda 2, but still, at $220 it is just far too expensive. The design is great, the lack of overlap on the iPad is great. But, I have gotten used to the Yoobao and can't see spending an additional $180. Good luck to all those who buy the Vaja. They make a great product--I have had many iphone and other smartphone cases and they were all beautiful.

schulzmc
Jul 1, 2010, 01:42 PM
I'm not happy with one important aspect of my PF case. After a few weeks and the natural loosening if the leather, the "typing" mode is floppy and it won't stay up very high (it was never as high as the Apple case). Looks like this case might do the trick!

foolishfocus
Jul 1, 2010, 01:53 PM
Just pulled the trigger on an Agenda 2 in Floater White with Caterina Rossa inside. Expensive for sure, but I'm hoping it's worth it. A little present to myself before graduate school starts. I will keep my experience updated and be sure to add pictures as soon as they are available.

batman75
Jul 1, 2010, 03:33 PM
I wish they had the stripe like the Agenda 1. Also wish it had edge protection.

schulzmc
Jul 1, 2010, 04:26 PM
Just ordered one. Black outside, Russo inside. We'll see...

Bitgod
Jul 1, 2010, 04:34 PM
I love Vaja, but I'm also quite happy with my Yoobao. I'll save my money and spend it on a new Vaja phone case. Actually, I'm also sucker for a stripe. Without some kind of stripe on this, I don't find myself lusting over it.

Hammie
Jul 1, 2010, 06:02 PM
You know. You guys are right. The stripe is what it is missing. That may help give it the edge over the version 1 agenda.

JonMPLS
Jul 1, 2010, 07:46 PM
Looks great. Just kind of wish they had inset the small flap on the back so it would sit flat on the table. Minor quibble, however. Looks great.

PS: Have any of you every had Vaja answer an email? I have had their products, which are nice, but never a reply to a question . . .

arcangel6
Jul 1, 2010, 10:59 PM
Looks great. Just kind of wish they had inset the small flap on the back so it would sit flat on the table. Minor quibble, however. Looks great.

PS: Have any of you every had Vaja answer an email? I have had their products, which are nice, but never a reply to a question . . .

I have emailed them (through their web site form) three times and got a response within 24 hours each time.

Joe

foolishfocus
Jul 1, 2010, 11:00 PM
I emailed them twice today and received a response within an hour both times.

JonMPLS
Jul 2, 2010, 06:05 AM
I emailed them twice today and received a response within an hour both times.

Wow! Which email address?

Juego
Jul 2, 2010, 08:10 AM
Wow! Which email address?

Maria Cecilia has been responsive to me.
Cecilia@vajacases.com
Maria Cecilia
García Querol
Customer Care Department

foolishfocus
Jul 2, 2010, 08:40 AM
Maria also answered my e-mails. My first e-mail was sent through the website and I received a reply from her. The second time I e-mailed her directly.

JonMPLS
Jul 2, 2010, 08:44 AM
thanks!:cool:

applesupergeek
Jul 2, 2010, 10:30 PM
I dislike the literally ******* colour on the outside, but other than that (and hoping there are more colour options) it's by far the best case I 've seen. I like how thin and minimal it is.

7racer
Jul 3, 2010, 02:34 PM
put a order in for the white with grey interior...hope it comes out looking good

mrgossett
Jul 3, 2010, 03:32 PM
I really like the look of these, and would probably order one, except for the way the top cover is attached. I bought the Macally Bookstand when they first came out, and hated the "floppiness" of the cover. When the cover is folded under the IPad (like for reading), it wants to slide up and not stay put behind it. The Agenda 2 looks like its cover is attached in basically the same way as the Macally. On the other hand, I have the Yoobao case, which has the cover attached like a book (the full length of the case), so it does stay put well when folded under. I hope someone can report on this when they eventually get theirs. It costs too much to order one and not be sure that I would like it.

jmor
Jul 3, 2010, 04:00 PM
I'm not sure which version I like better but I do wish this version has a stripe and some nicer colors available.

applesupergeek
Jul 3, 2010, 06:55 PM
yeah the colours do suck, shame, it's either a brown nomenclature style or a white nondescript garbage.

Ashka
Jul 3, 2010, 08:39 PM
yeah the colours do suck, shame, it's either a brown nomenclature style or a white nondescript garbage.

Check out the customise options which are similar to all the other cases they make.

Hammie
Jul 4, 2010, 08:02 AM
Check out the customise options which are similar to all the other cases they make.

Sure, you had to mention the customize option didn't you...

Just when I felt comfortable for not going there and being tempted because they only offered it in two colors, you have to bring that up. :p

But seriously, now I am tempted, but I promised myself I would take a break from bags and cases for a while. :D

Ashka
Jul 4, 2010, 04:53 PM
Hammie, Hammie, you can't even think about letting the side down now ;)

applesupergeek
Jul 4, 2010, 05:25 PM

cool, thanks, I ll check it out.

Hammie
Jul 4, 2010, 06:45 PM
Hammie, Hammie, you can't even think about letting the side down now ;)

I already have the Version 1 on order. Do I really NEED the Version 2. :D

Maybe for my birthday in September. ;)

RoarinRow
Jul 4, 2010, 07:00 PM
Sure, you had to mention the customize option didn't you...

Just when I felt comfortable for not going there and being tempted because they only offered it in two colors, you have to bring that up. :p

But seriously, now I am tempted, but I promised myself I would take a break from bags and cases for a while. :D

Promishes smomishes :D

jmor
Jul 4, 2010, 10:41 PM

Yeah I saw that but I was looking for a nice blue or green maybe, I just don't love the color options they're offering.

Arcitekt
Jul 6, 2010, 05:47 PM
I cancelled the order for the Leather Agenda and purchased the Leather Agenda 2. Ordered it in Brown and Cedar Green. I think it will compliment the Waterfield Design Muzetto case I purchased last month. Great, great case. The Agenda looks slim in profile a should comfortably inside the Muzetto. It is time to retire the Incase case. Because I travel so much, the tabs to hold lock in the stand on the Agenda 2 seems like case will not slip down and lay flat while working on an angle. 43 more days and counting.

schulzmc
Jul 20, 2010, 10:47 AM
Anyone get one of these yet? I'm waiting for mine and would love to see some pictures when one delivers...

foolishfocus
Jul 22, 2010, 08:32 AM
I think they went on sale about 25 to 30 days ago, so still too soon for them to be arriving. I purchased on 7/2 but the charge went through on 7/5, so I figure at least another 30 days or so.

Lenow
Aug 2, 2010, 06:56 PM
I am getting closer to getting an Agenda 2 after all. One question for anyone that has one.....When you open the case, does it fold all the way flat so when you hold it upright (vertical) it doesn't bend? I read a lot and like holding it in a vertical position. The new Yoobao doesn't fold flat. (I know, much cheaper case and all). Would love to see some color combos that people bought. I am going with the dark brown exterior but still can't decide on the interior color.

Thanks for any feedback.

Arcitekt
Aug 6, 2010, 05:18 PM
Just received my FedEx tracking number today and will arrive on 9 August. Will post some pics and impressions once I receive the Leather Agenda 2.

schulzmc
Aug 6, 2010, 08:03 PM
Just received my FedEx tracking number today and will arrive on 9 August. Will post some pics and impressions once I receive the Leather Agenda 2.

Looks like mine is coming on the 9th as well!

mosso2000
Aug 7, 2010, 08:25 AM
Time for truth! Which colour did you guys picked? Do you already have the 1st agenda?

schulzmc
Aug 7, 2010, 07:31 PM
Time for truth! Which colour did you guys picked? Do you already have the 1st agenda?

Don't have the first agenda, picked black with red (russo) interior, and now my due to arrive date has changed to the 11th.

mosso2000
Aug 9, 2010, 07:57 AM
Any news Arcitekt?

Darth Maniac
Aug 9, 2010, 09:41 AM
This seems like the ultimate case but given its price I will need to be sure before getting this.

When someone gets it I would be grateful for impressions/comments on the following:

- Is it stable in typing position and is it at a useable angle (This is where my Piel Frama failed)?

- Is it possible to fold the front cover completely around the back of the iPad for when holding it in your hands?

- How does it close? Is it magnetically shut or is there no locking mechanism?

Any help/comments would be really valuable and appreciated.

mosso2000
Aug 9, 2010, 02:23 PM
wow, got a shipment notification for my iphone4 case :D
now, want to know if i should queue for the agenda 2! :D:D:D

Edit: got news from cases.com, they will stock the agenda 2 in a couple of weeks! Yeah

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 11:38 AM
My Agenda 2 came today! Initial impression - I LOVE this case. Here's some quick reactions:

PROS:
- amazing Vaja quality, feel, and smell!
- love the black exterior and bright red interior
- it is thinner than I expected (feels thinner than the Piel Frama) and yet solid enough that it will protect the iPad in the event I drop it.
- it is also lighter than I expected - one of my complaints about my Vaja iPhone case is it adds a lot of weight
- the typing position is great! Just the right height and the "tuck in flap" on the back holds it securely
- the "movie watching" position is also perfect. Very stable. (Actually at first I couldn't get it to balance, and then I realized I had it folded wrong. Extending the fold set it at the right angle and made it almost impossible to knock over.)
- I love how the entire surface of the iPad is uncovered when open. My PF case had leather over the edges and it made the iPad surface tough to clean without taking it out of the case. It's easy to wipe the whole surface down while in the case.

CONS:
- When it sits closed there are no magnets or anything. As of right now the cover does not always "reseat" itself perfectly. That may change as the spine loosens with time.
- The iPad snaps into the case. It is held firmly (no worries about it falling out in normal use) but I wonder what would happen in a good fall. And I wouldn't want to take it in and out of the case every day for fear the case might loosen over time.
- As mentioned above, there are actually two ways the case will fold on the bottom, one for the typing position and one for the more upright movie viewing position. If you miss this it is easy to try to get it to stand in the upright position with it folded the wrong way - leading to it falling over backwards. Once you get how this works there is no issue at all. (I'll try to post some pics to explain this better.)

All in all - I am THRILLED with this case and consider it well worth the money spent and the wait. I've found my iPad case that will last me the life of my iPad!

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 11:42 AM
The new Vaja Agenda 2:

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 11:44 AM
A few more shots...

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 11:51 AM
When you put the Agenda 2 in "typing mode" the bottom folds one way. If you then stand it up in "movie mode" this fold stays the same, and the case wants to tip over backwards (see the first pic below). The fold needs to be extended, and then it is very stable (see the second pic). This took me a minute to figure out. At first I was very disappointed that the case would not stand well!

phillycl
Aug 11, 2010, 01:34 PM
Nice case and nice pictures explaining the way the Agenda2 folds. I have the same color combination in an Ivolution (which I am happy with - so far).

mosso2000
Aug 11, 2010, 02:10 PM
Thanks a lot! I have a couple of questions.
how does the front cover fit folded on the back when reading, holding with on hand? does it move?
Another thing, I like to use the triangle made by the typing position on my apple case when i hold it in landscape mode in the bed... is it possible with this? (the leather strap in which you put the front cover must be tight)

Mr. Biggles
Aug 11, 2010, 02:29 PM
The new Vaja Agenda 2:

Nice set of photos depicting how this case functions.

Really does look nice and a well thought out design by Vaja.

Enjoy!

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks a lot! I have a couple of questions.
how does the front cover fit folded on the back when reading, holding with on hand? does it move?
Another thing, I like to use the triangle made by the typing position on my apple case when i hold it in landscape mode in the bed... is it possible with this? (the leather strap in which you put the front cover must be tight)

If I understand your questions right, the case will work well holding it in typing mode in bed as you describe. Holding it in portrait mode with the cover folded back it is hard to get a good grip on the hinge side. I just flip it over and hold the non hinge side and it is fine.

Rooskibar03
Aug 11, 2010, 03:51 PM
Son of a b@$ch, I gotta stop coming to these Vaja threads.

So now people are getting version two and I'm coming up on the 90 day mark since I ordered my version 1...

Grrrrr

Looks great. I actually like the look of this one better but at this point I just something.

Darth Maniac
Aug 11, 2010, 04:07 PM
Looks good. One question - In the 4th pic in post 46 you can see the red inside leather even though it is closed. Is the front cover alignment really that off?

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 04:21 PM
Looks good. One question - In the 4th pic in post 46 you can see the red inside leather even though it is closed. Is the front cover alignment really that off?

The spine is flexible because of the multiple hinge points. In that picture I had turned the iPad on the counter to shoot a picture from a different angle, and in doing so pulled the cover out of alignment. But that is an issue that magnets or an elastic band might have cured. Vaja made the decision to leave the case without these. I do like the clean look (and lack of compass problems with a magnet) so we will see if that is an issue. As I mentioned above, I do think that breaking in the hinge may make the top sit better oriented on a regular basis.

cmascatello
Aug 11, 2010, 04:53 PM
Looks like a winner. Just got the notice that my Agenda 2 is shipping today and should be in my hands by Friday.

I also am curious to know if the front cover folds totally flat to the back of the case when you have it open like a book. This would make the case perfect for applications. Is there any chance you could take a picture of the Agenda 2 with the cover folded around totally?

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 05:02 PM
Is there any chance you could take a picture of the Agenda 2 with the cover folded around totally?

Like this? The second picture actually has some weird perspective effect happening. It folds a lot flatter than it looks in that shot!

mosso2000
Aug 11, 2010, 05:10 PM
Looking forward to see the price at cases.com...

cmascatello
Aug 11, 2010, 05:14 PM
Like this? The second picture actually has some weird perspective effect happening. It folds a lot flatter than it looks in that shot!

Awesome. Thank you for the quick response.

Darth Maniac
Aug 11, 2010, 05:16 PM
I would love a long detailed video review of this baby!! $200 is a lot of cash but it's so tempting.

Arcitekt
Aug 11, 2010, 05:17 PM
The Vaja Leather Agenda 2 is clearly the best case ever. The cover lays mostly flat, it's the bend in the leather and the stop tab in the back that prevents the cover from laying completely flat. The construction is flawless and is much lighter than my Incase cover. The 2 horizontal positions use the tab stop in the back. Also, what is amazing the iPad is held snugly in place with a minimum of leather showing. Beautiful detail because the entire face of the iPad is exposed, no other manufacturer does this.

schulzmc
Aug 11, 2010, 06:12 PM
Also, what is amazing the iPad is held snugly in place with a minimum of leather showing. Beautiful detail because the entire face of the iPad is exposed, no other manufacturer does this.

Agreed! That is one of my favorite features. That and the great leather.

One other thing worth noting. This is obviously a finely crafted hand made case. The stitching on the hinge, for example, is not "computer guided machine straight" but has an artistically crafted feel when you look at it. (Not crooked but obviously not mass produced, if you know what I mean.)

7racer
Aug 11, 2010, 10:35 PM
Nice! I get my white one in 5 days...will add more pics!

Errz
Aug 12, 2010, 01:39 AM
I would love a long detailed video review of this baby!! $200 is a lot of cash but it's so tempting.

yes, please do up a video if possible. appreciate it

foolishfocus
Aug 12, 2010, 08:19 AM
Got my shipping notice yesterday, says it should be here by 8/16. Can't wait to see it!

Darth Maniac
Aug 12, 2010, 08:24 AM
Got my shipping notice yesterday, says it should be here by 8/16. Can't wait to see it!

Out of interest - how long ago did you put in the order?

Hammie
Aug 12, 2010, 09:13 AM
I am SOOOOOO close to buying the Floater Black/Caterina Rabbit (black with gray inside) version 2 to compliment my Version 1 Agenda.

Or I may consider another Version 1 in the same black/gray combo.

Now to convince the wife I NEED it.

She coordinates purses with outfits. Why can't I have cases to coordinate. :D

r6girl
Aug 12, 2010, 09:47 AM
Oy. This thread is killing me. I just ordered the Agenda 2 a little over a week ago and I don't know how I'm going to last through the 45 days or so it will take until I get it. Fortunately, I also ordered the black/red combination and it seems like that's the color combo that's shipping the quickest. :cool:

mosso2000
Aug 12, 2010, 11:01 AM
Guys, for those who didnt order yet, a mail that I got from the - very helpful - customer service from cases.com:

"The price will be exact or close to Vaja’s retail price, different models have different pricing.
I don’t know yet about all models that we expect, we will carry for sure the Limited Edition black/red and black/lime cases."

For information, the mail I got on the 10th of august:

"Yes, we do plan to carry the new agenda 2 case, we have them on order with Vaja. We will have all black, black with red stripe, and brown. Estimated availability is about 2 weeks."

And don't forget the 15% discount coupons (google) which should cover the shipping and a bit more ;-)

foolishfocus
Aug 17, 2010, 12:50 PM
Here it is, just some quick photos while I am at work. All the stitching and cuts look good. The smell is amazing! Sadly my iPad is at home so I will have to check out the fit later tonight.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/th_Vaja.jpg (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/Vaja.jpg)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/th_vaja1.jpg (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/vaja1.jpg)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/th_vaja2.jpg (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/vaja2.jpg)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/th_Vaja3.jpg (http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e369/Foolishfocus/Vaja3.jpg)

schulzmc
Aug 18, 2010, 09:30 AM
Here it is, just some quick photos while I am at work. All the stitching and cuts look good. The smell is amazing! Sadly my iPad is at home so I will have to check out the fit

Looks great! How does your front cover sit when closed with the iPad in place? As mine loosens it's sitting better and better

mosso2000
Aug 18, 2010, 09:35 AM
Here it is, just some quick photos while I am at work. All the stitching and cuts look good. The smell is amazing! Sadly my iPad is at home so I will have to check out the fit later tonight.

The front cover looks bent on the pictures, is that just an impression?
Thoughts after few days of use?

foolishfocus
Aug 18, 2010, 10:36 AM

Bent as in how? There is a crease down the length of the front that is used for positioning the case into one of the two stand settings for either typing or video viewing. After getting a chance to actually put my iPad into it, I'm pretty impressed. I will have to take some more pictures tonight. The iPad fit perfectly and is snug but not too tight.

Hammie
Aug 18, 2010, 11:17 AM

Bent as in how? There is a crease down the length of the front that is used for positioning the case into one of the two stand settings for either typing or video viewing. After getting a chance to actually put my iPad into it, I'm pretty impressed. I will have to take some more pictures tonight. The iPad fit perfectly and is snug but not too tight.

I also thought the cover looked warped.

Any chance of posting photos with the iPad inserted?

foolishfocus
Aug 18, 2010, 12:17 PM
I also thought the cover looked warped.

Any chance of posting photos with the iPad inserted?

Will do once I get home from work.

drknowusa
Aug 18, 2010, 04:14 PM
Beware: I have a problem with the ivolution top for the ipad; the leather split on one of the corners, and they have refused to honor their warranty saying it cannot be a fault in their material or workmanship, even though examination clearly shows the split to be jagged, following the lines of the embossing in the leather. Other cases I have had from them have been fine, but I think they are now overextended by demand and may be slipping.

DaveOZ
Aug 25, 2010, 03:57 PM
Oh the excitment, my Agenda 2 has shipped!!! I'm in Australia so expect to see it monday. Ordered 17th July, Black on Black. :D

Darth Maniac
Aug 25, 2010, 04:11 PM
Anyone got a link to a video review of this baby yet? I'm almost certain to get one when cases.com get their stock in but need to be sure lol.

jmor
Aug 26, 2010, 12:32 PM
These all look so nice although I do miss the stripe, does any lucky duck have both agenda cases and could you compare the pros/cons of them, thanks.

mosso2000
Aug 29, 2010, 05:13 PM
Will do once I get home from work.

hey foolishfocus, any more pictures?
What is your opinion after few days of use? What did you try else?

Darth Maniac
Aug 31, 2010, 05:10 AM
Have cases.com given an indication yet of when their stock of Agenda 2's is due in?

Also - does anyone know of any Agenda 2 videos out there? Now people are getting theirs delivered I would have hoped to have seen some out but no luck on my searches so far :(

I Am Canadian
Aug 31, 2010, 11:27 AM
Have cases.com given an indication yet of when their stock of Agenda 2's is due in?

I've spoken with them, cases.com, twice in the past four weeks and each time they state they are expecting the cases in 1 - 2 weeks. I just called again and heard the same thing, but they offered to notify me when their Vaja stock arrives. Problem is, their system doesn't seem to know about the "Agenda 2". This sucks. I hope this is just the employee's lack of knowledge coming into play.

mosso2000
Aug 31, 2010, 04:06 PM
I've spoken with them, cases.com, twice in the past four weeks and each time they state they are expecting the cases in 1 - 2 weeks. I just called again and heard the same thing, but they offered to notify me when their Vaja stock arrives. Problem is, their system doesn't seem to know about the "Agenda 2". This sucks. I hope this is just the employee's lack of knowledge coming into play.

Unfortunately i believe that they are like everyone else facing vaja: no info, so, they can only say a date they expect (the first time they said 2 weeks to me, did that mean it would be 45 days? we know they are at least 2 weeks late on their delays).

by the way I couldnt wait anymore, plus I got a £15 tax from fedex for my iphone case, so I decided to order from the UK. And guess what, gadgetwarehouse did stock the ivolution top for ipad, black and lime, for cheap! 83.99inc. p&p.
They are on sale on ebay, ordered yesterday, shipped today, getting it tomorrow so i will give my feedback and post a review.

i'll miss the stand function, but anyway i promised myself to get the iPad2 as soon as it is here (thats why i took the 16GB wifi) so i am not sure that it makes sense to spend twice the price for a stand.

DaveOZ
Aug 31, 2010, 05:05 PM
Mine just arrived. It's perfect in every way (for me). I have tried many case but they have all been too heavy or too clumsy. This one does just what I want.
The leather is beautiful as expected. The cover fold back to sit flat when hold the iPad. The stand function is simple and very stable. The whole case is lighter than I expected which is nice. Mine is black on black which looks great.

Overall, I'm happy. :D

Will post some photos later but I'm sure you all know what they look like.

Darth Maniac
Aug 31, 2010, 06:21 PM

A video would also be appreciated please :D

steffi
Sep 4, 2010, 12:14 AM
What color combination did folks go with?

steffi
Sep 4, 2010, 02:17 PM
Any pictures of your case after arrival? I think I'd go for white and black interior.

put a order in for the white with grey interior...hope it comes out looking good

7racer
Sep 4, 2010, 10:11 PM
Any pictures of your case after arrival? I think I'd go for white and black interior.

YES! Sorry. Been busy....give me to tomorrow and I will post pics. I have my long run for my marathon training and will post tomorrow after that.

7racer
Sep 5, 2010, 12:15 PM
sorry, here are the pics. The one picture of me flexing the cover is to show that the front is a bit flexible. I have the yaobao one which is much stiffer. Also, there is some sort of cushioning under the leather so the front and back of the Vaja are VERY soft to the touch.

The grey is OK...the leather material on the inside is more smooth so I don't worry about flipping it open or easily wiping it clean. If I had to do again, I think I would have gotten a brighter color for the inside!:p

7racer
Sep 5, 2010, 12:16 PM
more

7racer
Sep 5, 2010, 12:17 PM
last ones

steffi
Sep 5, 2010, 02:57 PM
White gives it that Valextra look and all. I might go for BLack but then I'd spend too long trying to decide what the interior should look like.

last ones

steffi
Sep 5, 2010, 03:43 PM
What is different b/w 1st and 2nd version of the iPad Agenda case?

steffi
Sep 5, 2010, 03:49 PM
What is cooler about version one?

After giving it some thought, I would agree that Ver 1 is cooler.

steffi
Sep 5, 2010, 04:09 PM
Where are your photos then ;-)

Mine just arrived. It's perfect in every way (for me). I have tried many case but they have all been too heavy or too clumsy. This one does just what I want.
The leather is beautiful as expected. The cover fold back to sit flat when hold the iPad. The stand function is simple and very stable. The whole case is lighter than I expected which is nice. Mine is black on black which looks great.

Overall, I'm happy. :D

SchneiderMan
Sep 5, 2010, 04:31 PM
Man these cases look like the Rolls Royce of iPad cases.

7racer
Sep 5, 2010, 04:31 PM
White gives it that Valextra look and all. I might go for BLack but then I'd spend too long trying to decide what the interior should look like.

I'm a guy! I have no idea what Valextra means!:p

I think for the price it's a bit over the top...
but one of the benefits are that it is easy to pop in and out. (As you can see from the pics, you don't slide the iPad into the rails like my black yaobao)

For the price the yaobao really rivals the Vaja. The yaobao is a really really nice case. The thing I like about the Vaja is that it is thin, has an unique look, and the front cover easily folds back and flat when holding it in one hand. I find that this position is the only one that is awkward on the yaobao.

Just buy one steffi! You know you are going to ;)

DaveOZ
Sep 5, 2010, 05:32 PM
Where are your photos then ;-)

Sorry, too lazy. Besides it looks the same at 7racer's except mine is black. :p

r6girl
Sep 7, 2010, 10:20 AM
I placed my order for this case on August 2 and my card was charged on August 4. As I expected, the wait is killing me. :o I'm hoping I'll get a shipping confirmation soon (the 45th day will be September 18 counting from the day my card was charged).

UPDATE: I got my shipping notification today! Woot! It should arrive by the end of the week.

cinca
Sep 14, 2010, 04:44 AM
I also have an Agenda 2 case (black outside with rabbit grey inside) and love the look, feel and functionality.

One disappointment is that every time I open my case, my iPad screen has a build up of what appears to be leather oil or 'grease' from the inside cover of the Agenda 2. I definitely know it's from the case as it didn't happen with the vaja case and there is a subtle but definite diagonal pattern to the smudges that match the diagnal design of the Vaja logo on the inside cover.

Has anyone experienced this with their agenda 2 cases? A quick swipe of a microfiber cloth takes care of it but it's definitely annoying to have my case MANDATE this... Especially poor feeling when I am showing someone my great new case and iPad and then there is a smudge festival happening on my screen.

Maybe once the leather ages and dries out a bit the residue left on the screen will reduce as well? I have a Vaja case for my iphone 4 and haven't run into any problems but that case doesn't totally sit on and make contact with the screen like the Agenda 2 case does with my iPad screen.

Anyone have any experience having this same issue? Or, just as helpfully, having not had the issue? Related to the color maybe? What color are your cases where you are/aren't encountering this issue?

Looking forward to everyones feedback and help in figuring this out!

I Am Canadian
Sep 14, 2010, 07:52 AM
Looking forward to everyones feedback and help in figuring this out!

Wow! Took to post 100 of this thread to find a very annoying flaw. So it is the oily smears not particles? Potential deal breaker for me. I agree that possibly this material and adhesive needs further curing and would then cease with the grease :). Good luck and keep us all posted. Thanks for the post.

cinca
Sep 14, 2010, 02:13 PM
Wow! Took to post 100 of this thread to find a very annoying flaw. So it is the oily smears not particles? Potential deal breaker for me.

The issue is just the oil smears. There were a few tiny dust particles and what not in the pictures I posted that looked huge thanks to the camera flash but those were just random bits out of my bag... Didn't want to clean off the screen and affect the clarity of the pill smudges.

I don't know if i would consider it a deal breaker yet -- we will see if it improves with time. I found myself takin a microfiber cloth to it every few days before just fro, general use so (for me) it's not too much additional work.

I will be surprised and disappointed if it ends up being a lifelong problem for the case given that premium and expensive a product it is. If it does turn out to be a problem with thus case they should modify the design to sew in an additional cloth panel in the center of the inside flap to either cover the area touching the screen or act as a lift to eliminate the rest of the inside flap from contacting the screen.. I also wonder if removing the embossed logo "dimples" might limit the smudges in some way..

pm41m
Sep 14, 2010, 02:25 PM
Just to be Captain Obvious here...I assume that the "residue" on your screen is not skin oils that are getting imprinted by the Vaio pattern from the inside of the cover. Try placing a tissue (or the thin sheets used to blot makeup or face oil) on the screen and see if "oils" are absorbed. I have an iVolution case (top/bottom) and do not have the residue issue. I acknowledge that the iVolution top and Agenda 2 tops may touch the iPad screen differently. I purchased from cases dot com and my iVolution does not have much of a leather smell that people like about Vaja cases.

r6girl
Sep 14, 2010, 05:51 PM

I just put up a first impressions video on my blog (see link in my signature). It's just under 10 minutes long so it's hopefully thorough enough for most of you. ;)

Man these cases look like the Rolls Royce of iPad cases.

You have no idea. This case has blown me away so far. It is absolutely stunning. :D

One disappointment is that every time I open my case, my iPad screen has a build up of what appears to be leather oil or 'grease' from the inside cover of the Agenda 2. I definitely know it's from the case as it didn't happen with the vaja case and there is a subtle but definite diagonal pattern to the smudges that match the diagnal design of the Vaja logo on the inside cover.

Has anyone experienced this with their agenda 2 cases? A quick swipe of a microfiber cloth takes care of it but it's definitely annoying to have my case MANDATE this... Especially poor feeling when I am showing someone my great new case and iPad and then there is a smudge festival happening on my screen.

I have noticed this with my case as well but it's not really a big deal for me. I have an anti-glare screen protector on my iPad and I keep the screen fairly clean as it is (a habit formed even before I got this case). I don't feel like the case "mandates" regularly cleaning of the screen at all.

jmor
Sep 14, 2010, 07:02 PM
I can't seem to find the video on your blog/site, but it could be that I'm just a little dense :D

ksmith80209
Sep 14, 2010, 07:23 PM
I can't seem to find the video on your blog/site, but it could be that I'm just a little dense :D

It's under the "blog" link on her site.

thinkwell
Sep 15, 2010, 02:25 AM
A good video review of the Vaja Agenda 2 iPad case from Macgirl.net.

You can view it at http://macgirl.net/main/MobileBlog.php?id=5848285743886479417

jmor
Sep 15, 2010, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys, and great video and review, it's very thorough.

Lenow
Sep 18, 2010, 02:51 PM
I am a long time Vaja fan and have had their cases going back to my Clio and Treos. That said, I waited to buy the Agenda 2 because of price. I had the Apple case, the second Yoobao and the Yoobao Magic. My Agenda 2 is chocolate brown with the smoke interior. Yes, it is the most beautiful, luxurious case I have seen. Yes, I love that the iPad is totally open when it sits in the case. The leather is, like all Vaja products, top quality and the fit is perfect. I will keep this case and use it as my main case, together with my Waterfield Exo case that gives that much more travel protection and has a pocket for my Verizon Mifi card. I also have a Quirky Cloak. The Cloak is much heavier and is the rubberized material and the plastic feels a bit cheap. However, it is very good from a functional standpoint and i miss the ability to prop up the case in a V format. The Vaja typing angle is a bit low for me and the movie mode feels a bit unstable. It doesn't stand vertically and I miss that. It is way too expensive, but I love my iPad and treated myself. The Yoobao Magic is a great case for $40 and if you don't mind the cheaper feel and faux leather, it is a better economical choice. But, the Vaja is beautiful.

JonMPLS
Oct 10, 2010, 04:14 PM
I see cases.com has the Agenda 2 in stock. Some nice color combos.

Beau10
Oct 15, 2010, 10:36 AM
So the cases.com sale ends today and I've been toying with picking one of these up... but based on the pictures in this thread and the video posted, I'm having a very difficult time pushing the purchase button.

Caveat: Yes I am definitely one of those anal "one dead pixel, take it back!" kind of mac people. So don't take any of this too personally.

In some of the shots I'm seeing these issues:

1) Fit and finish. Cuts & alignment of the leather can seem a bit off, and in some cases farther away shots lend to a blotchiness that appears to underscore uneven tensioning or padding. I understand the way the hinge functions. I understand this is hand made, and I do appreciate that. To me some of this still looks like a rush job. Granted, photography issues could be the culprit.

2) Puckering of the top. Probably one can tweak it to make it lay flatter, but I imagine it goes right back to puckering up once you use it in typing/movie mode a few times. This seems like a design issue caused by the material used to give the cover a soft touch.

3) Floppiness of the top. Macgirl touched on this - maybe minor annoyance to someone who travels with this in a bag, but if you hand carry the device everywhere this seems like it could be a real problem.

The comments in this thread all seem to be initial impressions. Anyone who's had the case for some time (at least a couple weeks of day-in/day-out usage) assuage my concerns, esp. those who consider themselves similarly anal? "Bad lighting/bad photography", "breaking-in fixed mine", "I love it to pieces and could never go back", that kinda stuff. Thanks :)

r6girl
Oct 15, 2010, 12:04 PM
So the cases.com sale ends today and I've been toying with picking one of these up... but based on the pictures in this thread and the video posted, I'm having a very difficult time pushing the purchase button.

I love the product shots on Vaja's site - it looks totally tops. But in pretty much all the real life shots I notice

1) Fit and finish. Cuts & alignment of the leather seem off, and in some cases farther away shots lend to a blotchiness that seems to underscore uneven tensioning or padding. I understand the way the hinge functions. I understand this is hand made. I have plenty of hand made leather goods. I'm just talking about the cases look like either a rush job or done by someone not terribly good at the craft. Maybe with the case in hand this is not as noticeable as blown up shots of the product. But again, I see a clear difference between the product shots and what people are posting. The shots of the Agenda 1 do seem a bit better in this regard, so I almost wonder if much of this is due to the initial demand of this case.

2) Puckering of the top. Probably one can tweak it to make it lay flatter, but I imagine it goes right back to puckering up once you use it in typing/movie mode a few times. This seems like a design issue caused by the material used to give the cover a soft touch.

3) Floppiness of the top. Macgirl touched on this - maybe minor annoyance to someone who travels with this in a bag, but if you hand carry the device everywhere this seems like it could be a real problem.

Maybe I'm totally crazy, but for $200+ I expect the case to be dead on. The comments in this thread all seem to be initial impressions. Anyone who's had the case for some time (at least a couple weeks of day-in/day-out usage) assuage my concerns?

I haven't written my final review of the Agenda 2 but I've been using it as my daily case since I received it except for a short time testing another case and I will say that it's still by far my favorite case so far. My case isn't incorrectly cut nor does it have uneven stitching. While it's not 100% flawless, which I wouldn't expect in a hand-made product anyway, it's still lovely and has not decreased my appreciation of Vaja's craftsmanship overall.

I do find that the cover will stay a little "bent" after I've been using it in stand/typing mode but I usually lay my iPad screen down when I'm not using it and this addresses that issue each time. The padding inside will compress a little after I've been holding it for a while and applying pressure to it but these spots go away after a while. I have no permanent "flat spots" anywhere yet. I think that what you might be seeing in some pictures may be imperfections, shadows, or just the natural texture of the leather itself, or some cases may indeed have flat spots.

The floppiness of the cover hasn't really bothered me at all (the video you mentioned is mine) and I tend to carry it spine down like I would a book and it hasn't been a problem. The only concern I have developed is that I don't feel like I can hold it open like a book given the weight of the iPad and how it could cause the case's spine to stretch. I usually find myself folding the cover over the back and holding it that way. Though I feel I should note that I haven't been able to hold the iPad comfortably like a book in my DODOcase or Portenzo cases either, which are both hard book-style cases that wouldn't be susceptible to stretching.

The Agenda 2 is a ridiculously expensive case. While I absolutely love it, I'm still not sure I would have purchased it had I not been able to sell some other older gadgets and accessories to essentially bring its price down to a more reasonable level. However, I'm still very glad that I bought it in the end. I kind of wish I'd waited until cases.com got it since they regularly offer coupon codes and this is definitely the purchase method I would recommend given the discount that can be had (I've never ordered anything from cases.com, or it's been so long that I can't remember the last time I did, and can't speak to their customer service, though).

Beau10
Oct 15, 2010, 01:13 PM
I haven't written my final review of the Agenda 2...

Thank you r6/Macgirl for the update... well it seems you use the case much like I do and still feel quite positive about it; this is an itch I'm going to be scratching all day long and I have an important project at work I need to get moving on so... :D If I don't love it at least the cases.com discount will minimize the loss to resell.

pm41m
Oct 15, 2010, 01:42 PM
I owned a Vaja iVolution that I purchased from cases.com. I liked the case but felt silly for spending so much and I wanted to buy a messenger bag. I sold the iVolution to buy a Tom Bihn Ristretto. I did not want a folio case as I use my iPad mostly in landscape mode for bed/sofa surfing and do not want the bulk of having the cover of the case flipped around to the back. I did not want a "stand" case as I do not do much typing or movie watching. I've tried several cases that only cover the back, but I want my screen to be protected while not in use. I do not like the film screen protectors and I like my bezel bare.

Bottom line - I re-bought an iVolution (a/k/a Limited Edition) from cases.com with the FALL coupon. I find it to be the best case for my uses.

FubsyGamr
Oct 16, 2010, 04:15 PM
I have a quick question about the price: on cases.com, it shows the price as $250.00. On Vaja's website, it shows 220,00. I understand that Vaja's site is using a different currency, but what is it? I can't think of too many currencies in the world that are actually worth more than the USD (I'm not trying to start a flaming/country war, please). So what type of currency is Vaja listing, that makes it cost 220,00? Or Is Cases.com using a different currency?

Sorry, I'm just all confused.

kipperkip
Oct 16, 2010, 04:26 PM
Cases.com is usually at or below the manufacturer's retail price. The other Vaja iPad prices seem to be consistent with MSRP, but you are correct that the Agenda 2 is listed for $30 more than the Vaja website. You could call cases.com to ask about the discrepancy. The Agenda 2 would have been cheaper than MSRP with the 20% coupon that ended yesterday.

Beau10
Oct 19, 2010, 08:34 PM
So I got the brown/beige combo from cases.com. I'm a terrible photog but if anyone is interested I'll take some pictures.

My prior worries about build quality appear to be largely unfounded. The only things I can say is

1) I felt from the photos the cut of the interior leather was rather rough. Turns out they edge paint this to match the exterior, it's not the actual cut of the leather but bleeding from the paint onto the interior. Not terribly objectionable but could be a little cleaner.
2) The floppiness of the top when closing is better than I imagined. The top itself is a bit oversized relative to the bottom so its not so obvious when the top hasn't seated fully. The gripe here is mainly with the cover folded around the back for reading, it does slide around a bit. It does lay significantly flatter than my Yoobao Slim.
3) Slight alignment issue of the iPad in the bottom portion. The bottom edge of the iPad sticks out a but while the top is flush, and the bottom edge is a tad crooked where the bottom left sticks out a bit more than the right. But not too bad for a hand built item.

Overall, my biggest concern was that this might give a general sloppy impression, but it's anything but - only a nitpicker would notice this stuff. Build quality, materials, and cuts/stitchng is fairly high. It definitely feels like a $200+ case. Wonderful tactile sensation, smells great, and lightweight to boot (feels slightly lighter than my Yoobao and nearly as slim). Hopefully the folded back mode will get better as it breaks in. Probably for long reading sessions I'll pop it out of the case, which fortunately is rather easy.

I Am Canadian
Oct 21, 2010, 04:32 PM
I've just ordered from cases.com. I spoke with their reps and they are aware of the price disparity and more or less try and justify their price. When I told them all of their other Vaja products are priced at MSRP with Vaja's website I was able to gain a little sympathy.

I love how fast cases.com ships and how they always have decent discount codes. That is why I waited for them to stock the agenda 2. In a perfect world I was hoping for 15% off the $220 plus shipping. Well I didn't get that, but I will have my Black/Red Agenda 2 at my Canadian door next week for $221 all-in.

Thanks cases.com. For future buyers I strongly recommend them and you should always get 15% off. They just had a 20% that has now expired.

sparkomatic
Oct 21, 2010, 05:52 PM
I love this case but it's just so dang expensive! I used to have their case for my Palm Treo and it's a good product.

I'm fighting the internal battle to justify buying it...haha

r6girl
Oct 22, 2010, 10:06 AM
My prior worries about build quality appear to be largely unfounded.

Glad to hear you like it! It is a lovely case and I even find that I use my iPad *more* because of it, as weird as that may sound. I also sniff it regularly enough to make my husband doubt my sanity. Why does dead cow skin smell so good? :p

I Am Canadian
Oct 25, 2010, 10:58 PM
I've just ordered from cases.com. I spoke with their reps and they are aware of the price disparity and more or less try and justify their price. When I told them all of their other Vaja products are priced at MSRP with Vaja's website I was able to gain a little sympathy.

I love how fast cases.com ships and how they always have decent discount codes. That is why I waited for them to stock the agenda 2. In a perfect world I was hoping for 15% off the $220 plus shipping. Well I didn't get that, but I will have my Black/Red Agenda 2 at my Canadian door next week for $221 all-in.

Thanks cases.com. For future buyers I strongly recommend them and you should always get 15% off. They just had a 20% that has now expired.

Ordered Thursday and arrived Monday afternoon. Crossed the border and cleared customs so fast. Plus cases.com lists a lower price so we don't get stabbed with a duty charge. BTW...the case is truly better than expected and worth the money. Black on Rosso is all business on the outside with a little vibrancy on the inside. The $45 Apple case with lint and rough edge is now garbage and I love how the face is all glass with no frame. Can you tell I'm happy?

jw6961
Nov 30, 2010, 03:51 PM
Vaja Agenda 2 now available in Mamut :D

Jethrotoe
Dec 1, 2010, 05:56 PM
I just put up a first impressions video on my blog (see link in my signature). It's just under 10 minutes long so it's hopefully thorough enough for most of you. ;)

You have no idea. This case has blown me away so far. It is absolutely stunning. :D

I have noticed this with my case as well but it's not really a big deal for me. I have an anti-glare screen protector on my iPad and I keep the screen fairly clean as it is (a habit formed even before I got this case). I don't feel like the case "mandates" regularly cleaning of the screen at all.

Great review, thank you very much. One of the best around. I might suggest that when reviewing a leather product you might want to get some contrast by angling the product between the lighting and camera. So one could really see the grain of the leather. No big deal though, you did a few times. Again, great review. Thank you.

cinca
Dec 1, 2010, 06:16 PM
Vaja Agenda 2 now available in Mamut :D

Wow.. this is my *dream* case. I love the natural 'unfinished' look of this leather when I saw it on another case but didn't like the style of that case.

I just went on the site and didn't see it as an option for the Agenda 2. How did you hear that it was available in Mamut?

This will DEFINITELY be my case... although now I need to decide if I pull the trigger on it for my current ipad or wait until the rumored second generation ipad next year which might have a totally different form factor -- or at the very least is likely going to have a back facing camera that requires a hole or corner be cut out of the current design.

Anyone else debating holding off on investing in a case before knowing if the iPad for factor is changing with the next iPad update?

= Chris

batman75
Dec 1, 2010, 11:23 PM
I don't like the fact that the top doesn't fasten shut. Other than that, it is an ideal case.

My cyberacoustics portfolio case has a couple of discreet elastic straps to fasten the top shut, and it makes it much better for carrying around, etc.

jw6961
Dec 3, 2010, 11:36 AM
Wow.. this is my *dream* case. I love the natural 'unfinished' look of this leather when I saw it on another case but didn't like the style of that case.

I just went on the site and didn't see it as an option for the Agenda 2. How did you hear that it was available in Mamut?

This will DEFINITELY be my case... although now I need to decide if I pull the trigger on it for my current ipad or wait until the rumored second generation ipad next year which might have a totally different form factor -- or at the very least is likely going to have a back facing camera that requires a hole or corner be cut out of the current design.

Anyone else debating holding off on investing in a case before knowing if the iPad for factor is changing with the next iPad update?

= Chris

I happened to go on to the Vaja site & saw it was available for immediate shipping in Mamut. It was listed for $220 so I jumped on it right away.. I went back to look about 2 hours later & they were all gone. The next day, it was up again, only the price had gone up to $280. I think they made a mistake listing it for $220, so a few lucky people (including me) got them for the lower price. I see that they're gone again..

Mine just arrived this morning & it's amazing :D