Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerhouse7

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2009
Canberra, Australia
Not that I don't like the word, but what's with the constant use of the word "tidbits"? I feel like a MacRumors post isn't complete without the word used at least once.

PS: I love MacRumors all the same!

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Not that I don't like the word, but what's with the constant use of the word "iPhone"? I feel like a MacRumors post isn't complete without the word used at least once.

^^^Fixed that for you. ;)

But seriously, out of the 15 articles viewable on the front page, only one contains an instance of "tidbit". A further search shows only about 15 articles so far in 2010 (out of well over 1000 total articles) containing either "tidbit" or "tidbits".

It doesn't seem like a terribly high number to me, but I guess it's a noticeable word. I like it, so I use it. :)

broncopde

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Conway, AR

But seriously, out of the 15 articles viewable on the front page, only one contains an instance of "tidbit". A further search shows only about 15 articles so far in 2010 (out of well over 1000 total articles) containing either "tidbit" or "tidbits".

It doesn't seem like a terribly high number to me, but I guess it's a noticeable word. I like it, so I use it. :)

Agreed.

Nice fix. :D

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003

Thank you for that tidbit of information.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
You friggin' noobs. Everyone knows that WildCowboy is clearly paying homage to the Tidbits disk of System 7. This is an Apple related site, after all.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
The OP’s concerned about the use of “tidbits?” How about:

“Cool story, bro;”
“+1;”
“LOL;” (each of these is the only response in the thread)
“pics or it didn’t happen;"
and one phrase lately that was used so much in one thread from one special member,
“ad hominem?"

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
You friggin' noobs. Everyone knows that WildCowboy is clearly paying homage to the Tidbits disk of System 7. This is an Apple related site, after all.

How I remember checking that a System 7 install disk-set was complete:

Install 1
Install 2
TidBits
Printing &
Fonts

:D

But Apple mucked that up with the advent of System Enablers, adding "Install Me First" to the top of the line-up. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.