Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hewmiri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
Hi, I just got back from the Apple store with my new Mac Mini Server (I'm not using it as a server at all, just that the specs were better for me). I set it all up with minimum server settings and once it was all completed and saw my desktop, I rebooted. At the log in screen for the computer, I typed in my name and password as I set it up a few minutes before and it just gave me the shake.

Thinking I typed the password wrong when I set it up, I googled a trick to reset the admin (http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-73393-change-mac-admin-password-without-the-disk) and did it all again. Now the second time and 100% sure that I'm typing the password correctly, I'm still unable to login.

Has anyone else had this problem?!

belvdr

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2005
Try logging in as diradmin and use your password. From there, you can launch Workgroup Manager and make sure your account is setup correctly (i.e. an Administrator and not locked).

PenguinMac

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
Maybe you're entering the wrong user name? My server is now set to auto-login so I don't remember which to use, but you have a long and a short user name and I think you have to enter the short one (your home folder name) to login.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.