PDA

View Full Version : Macbook stuck on bluescreen

bleedingkyo
Jul 1, 2010, 10:54 AM
A few days ago my macbook froze, when I did a hard reboot it boots to bluescreen. I've even left it up overnight just in case it was talking awhile.

Here is what i've tried so far:
-boot into safemode, holding in shift does nothing.
-Tried to run disk utility, it said something like it couldnt be done (forgot the exact message)
-reinstall the OS from cd, but holding in c causes it to reboot.
-holding option and clicking the cd to boot from causes a reboot also
-command-option-shift-delete does nothing
-Gone into single user mode done the fsck thing, also tried this http://www.switchingtomac.com/tutorials/osx/how-to-resolve-the-leopard-blue-screen-of-death/#more-110

Starting to think the HDD is shot..

EDIT: Just noticed an error when I type in /sbin/fsck -fy it says "Incorrect block count for file pcscd.pub it should be 16 instead of 17
^not sure if that means anything

Edit 2: Was able to run disk utility now, no errors were found however it still will only boot to blue screen.

mrsir2009
Jul 1, 2010, 01:56 PM
If the hard drive WAS shot, there would be no reason why the computer wouldn't boot from the CD. The only other thing I can think of that woulda caused it is the logic board...

Try taking it into Apple?

bleedingkyo
Jul 2, 2010, 03:01 AM
If the hard drive WAS shot, there would be no reason why the computer wouldn't boot from the CD. The only other thing I can think of that woulda caused it is the logic board...

Try taking it into Apple?

Damn I hope not...with what i've heard apple quotes to replace that. My warranty is expired and i don't have apple care...though ill be getting it in future since this is the second apple product ive had major issues with shortly after the warranty expires.
I have an appointment with apple sunday...earliest they could get me in.

trayanscragg
Jul 2, 2010, 06:39 AM
sounds like a logic board issue like the other member stated above.

mrsir2009
Jul 2, 2010, 03:05 PM
Yes, it probably is the logic board. And, well, they cost a hellulva lot of money to fix :(