PDA

View Full Version : iTunes won't allow B&W G3 to share

drewdle
Jul 1, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hey everyone. I've got the G3 running as a remote at the moment, but am encountering an issue. I cannot access any shared libraries. It sees the shared library from the G4 and the wife's MacBook, but when it goes to connect to them, it just stops and drops me back in the Library screen.

I've tried iTunes 6 through 9 on it to see if I could fix it. I've torn out all of the vestiges of each install from the System and Library folders before trying the next version, but the same problem appears, with the exception of iTunes 6, which just professes to be incompatible with sharing said libraries (little wonder, the iMac and MacBook are both running iTunes 9.2).

Any solution, other than reformatting and starting from scratch (a three hour job when you count updates) would be appreciated. Thanks.

SuperJudge
Jul 1, 2010, 08:22 PM
Have you checked your firewall settings?

drewdle
Jul 1, 2010, 09:27 PM
Have you checked your firewall settings?

I have not, but I haven't changed anything over the course of the last two days, which was the last time it worked perfectly. Just shut it down at the end of the evening, and then when I turned it on today, no dice. What should I look for?

SuperJudge
Jul 2, 2010, 06:42 AM
What should I look for?

Make sure that iTunes sharing is set to be allowed on all machines in question and then double-check on any machines running Leopard or newer that iTunes is allowed to accept incoming connections in the Security preference pane.