PDA

View Full Version : Just put my BestSkinsEver on

imaginex20
Jul 2, 2010, 01:35 AM
HI all,

I received my BSE iphone 4 skin today and just finished installing the skin. One thing I noticed is that this skin seems like theres less orange peel compared to the ones i had in the past. I had a BSE on all my iphones (iphone 2g, iphone 3g, iphone 3gS, and iphone 4), and this one appears to be different than the previous skins. The skin is also thinner. I wondering if BSE actually upgraded to new material recently?

The only thing I found wrong with it is the back skin was covering my flash so I put an exacto knife to it and cut a larger hole, not perfect but it works. I emailed BSE about getting a new back to fix the flash issue.

Macnificant
Jul 2, 2010, 08:01 AM
HI all,

I received my BSE iphone 4 skin today and just finished installing the skin. One thing I noticed is that this skin seems like theres less orange peel compared to the ones i had in the past. I had a BSE on all my iphones (iphone 2g, iphone 3g, iphone 3gS, and iphone 4), and this one appears to be different than the previous skins. The skin is also thinner. I wondering if BSE actually upgraded to new material recently?

The only thing I found wrong with it is the back skin was covering my flash so I put an exacto knife to it and cut a larger hole, not perfect but it works. I emailed BSE about getting a new back to fix the flash issue.

how is BSE installed? Wet or Dry? Does it go on easy? Any installation suggestions?

Phenomkickz
Jul 2, 2010, 08:08 AM
Pics?

Sneakz
Jul 2, 2010, 08:55 AM
BSE is wet install. You make your own solution.

Dsking85
Jul 2, 2010, 09:07 AM
how is BSE installed? Wet or Dry? Does it go on easy? Any installation suggestions?

wet install. Get a bowl of slightly soapy water. dip your fingers in water. Peel skin off backing. dip skin in water. run your fingers down skin to get most of the water off. slap that bitch on and push out air bubbles. Profit?

dqpassat
Jul 2, 2010, 01:20 PM
Pics please! :)

Would love to see what it looks like. You using a case on top of the BSE?

crunchymilk55
Jul 2, 2010, 04:01 PM
I just got mine today as well. There is no cutout for either the front camera or the rear flash. I sent them an email and expect them to resend a skin.

imaginex20
Jul 2, 2010, 10:21 PM
Attached are some crappy pictures I took with a point and shoot. The flash produces a lot of dust and shows the white edges of the skin which is not visible without a camera/flash.

The installation is pretty straight forward. I just get a bowl of water with dish washing detergent and dip my fingers in the solution before I start to peel of the skin. The trick is to get enough water onto the skin but not drench it. If you don't put enough water, it will be much harder to push out the air bubbles. I usually get enough on it so that the skin can be slippery enough to be positioned properly. I then let the skin dry a bit so that it doesn't move when I push the bubbles out using my fingers. No credit card or squeegee needed.

I focus on one area before moving to the next. Patience is key.

One of the pics below shows my phone with the BSE and Belkin Vue clear case.