PDA

View Full Version : iPad Camera Kit - Anyone's shipping?

tails101
Jul 2, 2010, 03:33 AM
Just wondering if anyone with iPad camera kits on order from apple has seen any status change in their order recently... and if so, when was the kit ordered...

I ordered mine on the 15th June and it still reckons end of July for delivery... I'm really hoping it's not that long!

Thanks in advance...

btoddjr
Jul 2, 2010, 08:58 AM
I ordered on June 7 with a July 20 estimated delivery. I got an email yesterday, July 1, that it shipped with a delivery date of July 8.

parkds
Jul 2, 2010, 09:31 AM
I ordered one in May. It shipped last Friday but has been sitting in Hong Kong for the past week. It has already missed it's delivery date of the 1st. Anyone know how long "standard" delivery should take on an item shipping from China. Fed-ex has no estimated delivery date now for me. FYI: the final destination is NYC.

kaibob
Jul 2, 2010, 09:39 AM
Mine was ordered May 31st. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but that didn't happen. Fedex shipping status says it's in Alaska right now.

tails101
Jul 2, 2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks - much appreciated...

Hopefully an early arrival is a possibility then!

Taimaru
Jul 2, 2010, 02:22 PM
I got an email from Apple this evening (I am in the UK) saying that it has now been shipped. It says it will be delivered on or before Monday (5th).

I can now use the Deliveries app on the iPad to track it this weekend :)

tails101
Jul 2, 2010, 04:14 PM
Taimaru, also being in the UK, can I ask when did you order yours? Thanks!

Taimaru
Jul 2, 2010, 04:43 PM
Taimaru, also being in the UK, can I ask when did you order yours? Thanks!tails101, I ordered mine way back on the 4th June. Hopefully yours will come soon.

Tom G.
Jul 3, 2010, 08:59 AM
I have mine & have uploaded photos from my iPhone 4. It's so easy even a caveman could do it! A great addition to the iPad.

vladzaharia
Jul 5, 2010, 12:26 PM
Mine was shipped July 1st, with an estimated delivery date of today before 6 minutes from now. It's been stuck in Mississiagua, ON for the past few days, in customs, and I have some doubts that it would get here by the estimated date, considering I'm on the other side of the country. ;)

munkees
Jul 5, 2010, 12:29 PM
ordered mine back May 13th got it in June, it very useful to have.

Taimaru
Jul 5, 2010, 02:11 PM
It says it will be delivered on or before Monday (5th).And the camera kit did arrive today as stated in the email :)

I had a quick play with it and it works well. My multi-card reader works with it which I am pleased with as my DSLR uses Compact Flash cards.

vladzaharia
Jul 5, 2010, 06:38 PM
And the camera kit did arrive today as stated in the email :)

I had a quick play with it and it works well. My multi-card reader works with it which I am pleased with as my DSLR uses Compact Flash cards.

Lucky. Mine is officially stuck in some sort of clearance limbo. They removed the Deliver By date on the tracking site. Yay for crappy customs.

jlyanks85
Jul 5, 2010, 06:43 PM
Ordered mine in may and recieved mine a couple weeks ago. Well worth the 30 bucks. Stores pics from a iPhone and digital camera so easily.

Tom G.
Jul 5, 2010, 09:26 PM
I ordered mine June 15th and received it last Friday.

IrishVixen
Jul 5, 2010, 09:34 PM

If that order date is correct, then I may call Apple tomorrow. I ordered on June 10th, and mine isn't even prepared for shipment. It still states a date range that's two weeks from now.
:(

tails101
Jul 6, 2010, 02:39 AM

Same order date as me and mine is still stuck at "Not Yet Shipped"... The curse of living in the UK strikes again me thinks... Patience is a virtue as my parents often told me! :)

btoddjr
Jul 6, 2010, 09:30 AM
I ordered on June 7 with a July 20 estimated delivery. I got an email yesterday, July 1, that it shipped with a delivery date of July 8.

It's on the truck to be delivered today, 2 days earlier than the delivery date in the email.

kaibob
Jul 6, 2010, 11:29 AM
It's on the truck to be delivered today, 2 days earlier than the delivery date in the email.
Mine is also on the truck to be delivered today. That's 4 days after the projected delivery date. It was ordered May 31st.

vladzaharia
Jul 6, 2010, 12:54 PM
I am now on Day 4 of Clearance Limbo, with absolutely no updates. Calling yesterday said that it should be on a truck for delivery today. However, it's still on the other side of the country.

Edit: Okay, went down to the local FedEx office (Half a block away, yay) to see what light they could shed into the situation. It appears that the package passed through customs early this morning, and it should come soon-ish. Yay!

Padpad
Jul 7, 2010, 12:07 AM
Mine arrived one day early! Just in time for vacation.

gigapower
Jul 7, 2010, 12:17 AM
Ordered two days ago with an estimated delivery of August 30.

bpickens
Jul 7, 2010, 01:47 PM
Ordered one June 27th and the estimated delivery is August 13. I am hoping it ships early.

misterc0w
Jul 7, 2010, 03:29 PM
Mine came in today, I ordered almost a month ago. At work now, so I haven't had a chance to mess with it much. It seems like a pretty cool trick though. I was even able to connect it to my iphone and pull pictures from there.