Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

subtleknife

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2008
Honestly, I would advise against purchasing from this company. They recently held a very sketchy "Free Case" promotion where you only had to pay shipping and handling. So I decided for $4.50 it wouldn't hurt that much to get one. I purchased the Eclipse case in part because it said "Shipping June 25th" on the page.

I then checked the order status the next day and it said "Shipping July 9th". Of course this didn't seem right to me because I could have sworn it said June 25th because that was a major reason why I wanted to get it. So I check back on the product page and it STILL says "Shipping June 25th". I eventually emailed them and asked them why the product page said shipping June 25th but my order status says July 9th and they never responded. In fact, the product page continued to say "Shipping June 25th" for the last week or so - only today did I notice that it finally changed to July 9th.

I think they intentionally falsified that cases were ready for shipping to get people to order them when they knew they really weren't. The fact that I never did get a reply from customer service on this issue seems to verify that. I would cancel the order based on principle if I didn't only pay $4.50 for it. I hate shady companies like this.

Lunarnova

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Honestly, I would advise against purchasing from this company. They recently held a very sketchy "Free Case" promotion where you only had to pay shipping and handling. So I decided for $4.50 it wouldn't hurt that much to get one. I purchased the Eclipse case in part because it said "Shipping June 25th" on the page.

I then checked the order status the next day and it said "Shipping July 9th". Of course this didn't seem right to me because I could have sworn it said June 25th because that was a major reason why I wanted to get it. So I check back on the product page and it STILL says "Shipping June 25th". I eventually emailed them and asked them why the product page said shipping June 25th but my order status says July 9th and they never responded. In fact, the product page continued to say "Shipping June 25th" for the last week or so - only today did I notice that it finally changed to July 9th.

I think they intentionally falsified that cases were ready for shipping to get people to order them when they knew they really weren't. The fact that I never did get a reply from customer service on this issue seems to verify that. I would cancel the order based on principle if I didn't only pay $4.50 for it. I hate shady companies like this.

I took advantage of the free case offer on the first day it was listed on the website. The free case I ordered said it would not ship until July 9th and my order confirmation also stated this. I did have to contact customer service about another matter and got an email response the next day.

I'm not trying to dispute what happened to you, just offering my experience with them so far.

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
OP you can get that case and just about every other case they sell at that "discounted" price on eBay much cheaper. cystal slip case.

I had the same issue with the ship date changing. I was looking at another case but chose the one that was shipping sooner, only to have the shipping date bumped back 2 weeks AFTER I ordered. Shady, indeed.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
I'm not happy about the ship date, either, but I've already purchased a couple of other cases. I bought it simply because of the cheap price, & to have some variety in cases.

johnny5

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
Thank you all for the information regarding the company. I will consider everything before I decide to buy the case. I've read both positive and negative reviews of the BoxWave.

When you all do finally receive your cases, let me know what you think about them. I'm looking for something that is similar to the iSkin, but for iPhone 4.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.