Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Baron Aloha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I've tried searching the web and I read the little book that comes with the computer but I cannot find a concrete answer anywhere. Anyone know the reason for this?

I'm not getting any video or anything. It just keeps beeping every couple of seconds.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Turn it overand twist the base off. Check the ram has not come lose.

Baron Aloha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
So I opened it up and the ram is completely loose...but it looks like the clip is bent or something. It looks like the silver piece for the clip is supposed to snap onto the thin black piece below it but I have no idea how to get it on. The black piece is visibly bent.

Anyone know what to do? I think I can get the black piece back in place if I knew what to do. Or should I send it back?

They are never going to believe me I mean the ram was completely loose...just kind of sitting there.

Baron Aloha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
I would if I had a camera. Upon closer inspection the black sliver was in fact broke so I just removed it completely. It was just plastic. I don't know what it does. After removing it I was able to reinstall the ram and it boots.

Thank you very much Gav2k for sending me in the right direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.