Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joneildu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Sorry for the very shallow depth of field, I shot at f1.8. The skins fits really really snugly. Feels a bit rubbery (I guess can be good or bad). Seems less slippery. A lot of small dust particles and stuff stick to the side. The orange peeling effect is minimal, and not noticeable at all when the phone is lit. I tried to get a picture of it, but I didn't really have enough light. Too lazy to go outside to shoot it. I like it, a lot. Especially for the price. Very easy wet install.

Attachments

• IMG_3567.jpg
    IMG_3567.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_3559.jpg
    IMG_3559.jpg
    418.9 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 649

joneildu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Yeah, but they're really noisy. I'll need to get out and shoot at ISO100 and try to get a better DoF.

joneildu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Here, these should do it.

Attachments

• IMG_3572.jpg
    IMG_3572.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 784
  • IMG_3574.jpg
    IMG_3574.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 710

joneildu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
I guess it does, but there isn't really a reception issue. If you hold it with chuck norris hands, it's going to attenuate no matter what skin you use. This is an external antenna, you hold it, it's going to attenuate. How many bars you drop, well that depends. There's no real answer to the question you are asking.

Error Type -43

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2003
I guess it does, but there isn't really a reception issue. If you hold it with chuck norris hands, it's going to attenuate no matter what skin you use. This is an external antenna, you hold it, it's going to attenuate. How many bars you drop, well that depends. There's no real answer to the question you are asking.

Do you work in Apple's PR dept?

dojoman

macrumors 68000
Apr 8, 2010

I don't have to hold it like chuck norris but mine drop from full bar to one in 20 seconds. I have this on ordered but wondering if it's really worth it to install the metal band since i see no point of it except to improve signal issue.

joneildu

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
Do you work in Apple's PR dept?

Read this. http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/the-iphone-4-review/2

There's no answer to his question. The phone is going to attenuate with a bumper, with a skin, naked, wherever. How many bars you drop will depend on location.

The reason you drop from 5 bars to 1 is because you are probably sitting at around 90dBm and attenuating about 25. If you put a case on it and hold it rather naturally with no death grip, you'll probably attenuate 10 or so, which would put you at 3 or 4 bars. Really depends on the algorithm they use for bar reporting after the update.

StandardMeth0d

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Thanks for the pics! Makes me more excited to get mine… How long did it take to receive them after you ordered?

katyoshi

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2009
Honolulu, HI
I wonder if these improved over previous versions. After a while, they seemed to get "dull" looking. Such as lint all over the sides, slight yellowing, and the screen would look "junk". It did protect really well against scratches though. I had BSE on my 3GS and MBP, but took it off for sticky reasons and on my MBP, for some reason it started to give a yellow hue. I took them all off and my MBP is just kept in a incase black sleeve where ever I take it and my iphone 4 is naked totally. However, you can't beat the prices of BSE! Don't get me wrong, these things do stick on and last very long. My sister still has hers on her iPhone 3G since 2 years ago and MBP since one year ago!

frozencarbonite

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2006
I really would like to order a BestSkinsEver for my 4, but I don't like the idea of making my own solution. I'm afraid I'll get too much soap in the mixture and it not turn out good.

Brien

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2008
I wonder if these improved over previous versions. After a while, they seemed to get "dull" looking. Such as lint all over the sides, slight yellowing, and the screen would look "junk". It did protect really well against scratches though. I had BSE on my 3GS and MBP, but took it off for sticky reasons and on my MBP, for some reason it started to give a yellow hue. I took them all off and my MBP is just kept in a incase black sleeve where ever I take it and my iphone 4 is naked totally. However, you can't beat the prices of BSE! Don't get me wrong, these things do stick on and last very long. My sister still has hers on her iPhone 3G since 2 years ago and MBP since one year ago!

I had one on my white iPhone 3G and after about a month I had a yellow-brown iPhone 4. Yuck.

Jayp03

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
I really would like to order a BestSkinsEver for my 4, but I don't like the idea of making my own solution. I'm afraid I'll get too much soap in the mixture and it not turn out good.

Many people have been successful applying the skin with just water. The reason they want you to add soap is to make it a bit slippery so the skin can be slid into place. Just using water means you might have to lift the skin to adjust it.

Soap makes it easier but it isn't mandatory for proper installation.

hatersgonnahate

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2010
always been happy with BSE.

i dont like bodyguardz, my 3g expereince with them isnt the best. customer service isnt the best either.

just go with bestskinever. plus its cheap. customer service is top notch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.