Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
Wait 10 days for the bumper in the mail, now it does not work with my belkin micro charger for my car, plug goes in but pops out unless you hold it!!

FAIL!!

gapdev

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2009
Dana Point, CA
Who's at fault, Apple or Belkin?

Apple's sync cables fit perfectly.

A couple of my aftermarket cables fit, but most don't. Who should I sue? Apple or the 3rd party?

Granted, Apple could have made the opening a bit larger but you know how they are about aesthetics.

I just grounded the charge plugs on the cables/chargers I wanted to keep and tossed the rest of them in a box. They were all crap quality anyway.

Kenny

Mike83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2009
Yeah man but should be standard is standard, its like a toilet seat , standard size is standard size here, cuba, brazil or afghan :D

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
I don't understand this one bit.

This is the Belkin Micro Auto Charger:

21Epe5QZdbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

How does this have to do with the bumper at all? Any cable works with this. :confused: Therefore, it works fine with the bumper? What am I missing? :p

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
I don't understand this one bit.

This is the Belkin Micro Auto Charger:

21Epe5QZdbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

How does this have to do with the bumper at all? Any cable works with this. :confused: Therefore, it works fine with the bumper? What am I missing? :p

I have one and it's belkin. If you sit the cable next to a standard apple cable you can see there is a fair difference between the length of the metal that inserts. Solution - use an apple cable.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
I have one and it's belkin. If you sit the cable next to a standard apple cable you can see there is a fair difference between the length of the metal that inserts. Solution - use an apple cable.

Is there a Belkin cable with this too? I ordered one and didn't received a cable. :eek:

Otherwise, I just assumed using the apple cable.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Is there a Belkin cable with this too? I ordered one and didn't received a cable. :eek:

Otherwise, I just assumed using the apple cable.

Brought mine from Costco, it came with a cable, the annoying type that locks when pushed in.

LittleRedBird

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2009
Can't use the Griffin PowerJolt SE w/ the bumper either. Same problem. End pops out. Also, the older Apple USB cables (the ones that you need to press on the sides to release) do not work with the bumper.

fastd

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
The black belkin cable seems to miss by just a hair. I will take a file to mine and trim down the top/bottom about 1 mm in. I don't feel like buying all new sync cables just to work with my car and portable battery chargers.
I just tried my apple plug with the clips, and it also does not fit. Looks like plenty of room on the sides, just the top/bottom that miss by a hair.

arholmes

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2008
I just received this exact charger with the belkin cable in the mail yesterday and it works perfect with my Ifrogz Luxe Lean case.

fastd

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Took only a few minutes using my bench grinder to trim down the top and bottom of the belkin plug, about 1mm in from the edge. Seems the whole plug is very thick plastic. Works perfectly now!

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Aug 27, 2008
Brought mine from Costco, it came with a cable, the annoying type that locks when pushed in.

Got mine on ebay for $5. Hehehe. Okay... there are cheap $2 eBay cables that work and look almost exactly like the slim iPhone ones. Not exactly sure if it works with the bumper yet (might be slightly different specs) but I'm gonna double check and let you guys know. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.