PDA

View Full Version : Getting the "HD" tag in iTunes

lewallent
Jul 3, 2010, 12:36 PM
I have been ripping some of my Blu-Ray movies into my iTunes using makeMKV and then Handbrake. I do them all at 1080 because I'm greedy and want full quality, and because I'm greedy I also want the little "HD" symbol to pop up in iTunes next to the title name like when you buy them from the iTunes store. Is this possible?

roidy
Jul 3, 2010, 12:43 PM
Just use one of the many tagging programs like MetaX or Subler to set the HD flag.

tbayrgs
Jul 3, 2010, 01:13 PM
I have been ripping some of my Blu-Ray movies into my iTunes using makeMKV and then Handbrake. I do them all at 1080 because I'm greedy and want full quality, and because I'm greedy I also want the little "HD" symbol to pop up in iTunes next to the title name like when you buy them from the iTunes store. Is this possible?

MetaX doesn't have the ability to tag the cnID (allows for multiple versions of the same file, i.e. HD and SD, to be listed together in iTunes) or add the HD tag (at least in the Mac version I'm using) but it's very easy to add using Subler.

To add the HD tag, open your video in Subler, select the Other Settings tab in the middle of the screen, select the appropriate Media Kind: and click on the HD Video checkbox. Save the file, send it to iTunes and you're good to go.