Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Hi everyone,
I received my TrendyDigital PadPal for the iPad case 2 days ago. I like it a lot and decided to put together a review for it. I got my iPad on the first day Apple sold them in the store. At the time, I also looked at the accessories and particularly liked the Incase convertible case. However, the price was a little more than I was willing to pay at the time so I didn't get it. After much deliberation, however, I decided that it would be worth it to buy the case considering how often I use my iPad in a propped up position, so I bit the bullet and went ahead and purchased it. When I went back to the store a couple days later though, I could not find the case. However, I recently came across a case on Amazon.com that might be even better. It’s called the PadPal case by TrendyDigital, and it costs about $20 less than Incase's case. I decide to give it a try.
The case is available from TrendyDigital's Store at Amazon.com

Here is my review about this case:
1. The case was sent in simple packaging. I was hoping for a nice paper box. On the other hand, simple packaging is better for the environment :)
2. The case itself is excellent. The construction of the case is very solid and I feel that is quite durable. The stitch in the leather surface is straight and closely knitted. The stitch is gold-colored, which goes well with the black leather. The case is surprising slim. The thickness is about 0.9 inches and it only weighs about 11 oz.
3. The functionality is quite similar to the Incase convertible with some nicer improvements. There are 4 adjustable stand positions. The stand is quite firm. It really does not budge when you set it up in stand position. When the iPad is tucked into the right pocket, the edge of the pocket has a small flap that can be wrapped into the pocket. This flap is similar to Apple’s original iPad case. It acts to prevent the iPad from slipping out. This is a nice improvement to the Incase case. There are also two very small magnets (hardly noticeable) at the top and bottom corner. The magnets keep the case shut when the iPad is not being used.
4. The pocket that holds the iPad is a very good fit. All the sockets are accessible. I have no problem charging the unit, getting to the power and volume button etc.

Overall, I think the case serves me well. It is very well constructed, with the functionalities I desire. I just wish the price was even cheaper. Hope my review is helpful here. Here are several photos I took.

1) iPad in PadPal case

2) Front of the PadPal case

3) PadPal with the flap

4) PadPal case as a stand

5) Back of the PadPal

RoarinRow

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
Elk Grove, CA
That's a nice case. Thanks for the review and pics. I think it's worth consideration.

How do you like the overall thickness? I'm so used to the thiness of the Apple case.

MacJames8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
That's a nice case. Thanks for the review and pics. I think it's worth consideration.

How do you like the overall thickness? I'm so used to the thiness of the Apple case.

The overall thickness is a little less than 0.9 inch. It is quite slim. That is one of the things I like about this case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.