PDA

View Full Version : WCIII on 17" iMac

Captnroger
Aug 15, 2002, 08:02 AM
Finally got around to loading up WCIII on my 17" iMac last night. The widescreen mode (1440x900 I think) is fully supported full screen in game mode, and it looks fantastic!

I hope other game manufacturers follow suit. Of course, I'm not sure it the game itself is just reading the resolutions available in OS X or not. I find it odd that WC supports the widescreen iMac and yet the game was released over a month earlier that the new iMac. ?

topicolo
Aug 15, 2002, 08:18 AM
meh. it's all in 3d so they don't have to do much to change resolutions. They can probably make 10240x7680 if they wanted to and if you had a graphics card/monitor that actually supported it.

ArtMan617
Aug 15, 2002, 03:19 PM
Nowadays with widesceen monitors so common I wouldn't be surprised if all new games supported the widescreen mode. It's nice to know that we won't all be stuck with vertical bars to the left and the right of the action in our games nowadays. About the iMac, how do you like it? I'm considering getting one myself but I'm always a little worried that Apple will go and upgrade it again a week after I buy one...

-ArtMan617

Paolo
Aug 16, 2002, 05:40 AM
I'm on a Tibook at the moment with WCIII and I get the vertical bars... and widescreen isn't in the options???? How did you do it?

Captnroger
Aug 16, 2002, 07:47 AM
Art - the 17" is really nice. I love the screen. And if you wait long enough Apple will come out with something better without a doubt.

Paolo - I didn't do anything special - I just installed WCIII new from CD and launched it and then changed the video settings within WCIII itself. All the resolutions were there.

chibianh
Aug 16, 2002, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Paolo
I'm on a Tibook at the moment with WCIII and I get the vertical bars... and widescreen isn't in the options???? How did you do it?

I'm on a tibook also and it's widescreen... check your resolution settings or something. Which tibook do you have?

SubFredZero
Aug 16, 2002, 09:23 AM
I'm on an imac g3 400... just can't run WCIII, way too heavy, as are most of the osx games :(

coolocity
Aug 19, 2002, 10:11 AM
Well, I finally got my 17" iMac as well, War 3 runs so nicely with the widescreen res. I used to run it on my PC, 466mhz, 64mb DDR GeForce 4 MX, but I must say that the GF 4 in the iMac works just as well. Love the new iMac, finally made the switch and glad I did.

- John

Macmaniac
Aug 19, 2002, 08:25 PM
Welcome coolcity I wish I had that mac;) Be sure to check out channel Macrumors on Bnet and play some games with us!
XDarkSniperX level 12:) rank 655:eek:

MacMaster
Aug 19, 2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Macmaniac
XDarkSniperX level 12:) rank 655:eek:
In what?:confused:

zed
Aug 21, 2002, 02:22 PM
what times are you guys in channel Macrumors?....

ive only seen one person in there ever (besides me).