Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cavemonkey50

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2007
Allentown, PA
Where have you found it for sale? I've been looking all over for it, but Kensington's website lists it as no longer available. I know they still sell the LiquidAux Deluxe, but the regular LiquidAux seems to have been discontinued.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL

watercrawl

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
So what exactly is the point of this thing? You could do the same with a $10.00 car charger adaptor for the iPhone and a $10.00 mini-to-mini cable.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
you can do it way cheaper, $1 car charger $1 cable charge cable $1 audio cable.. all on ebay

dccorona

macrumors 68020
Jun 12, 2008
So what exactly is the point of this thing? You could do the same with a $10.00 car charger adaptor for the iPhone and a $10.00 mini-to-mini cable.

the advantage of the liquidaux is it allows you to control the iPhone from the included remote, so its like having steering wheel mounted controls

also, audio output through the dock connector is higher quality than audio output through the headphone jack. The way this works is the iPhone outputs the audio through the dock connector, and then a cable attached to the liquidaux unit itself is what plugs into the aux port.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
you can do it way cheaper, $1 car charger $1 cable charge cable $1 audio cable.. all on ebay

The Liquid Aux makes a much neater installation. Just one single wire coming from the dock connector of the phone rather than having wires from the top and the bottom. Plus you can control the phone remotely. You can also buy a 5 year old Krzr phone and use your tape/CD player instead of spending big bucks on an iPhone and it's service. There are lots of alternate ways to do things. :)

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
The Liquid Aux makes a much neater installation. Just one single wire coming from the dock connector of the phone rather than having wires from the top and the bottom. Plus you can control the phone remotely. You can also buy a 5 year old Krzr phone and use your tape/CD player instead of spending big bucks on an iPhone and it's service. There are lots of alternate ways to do things. :)

i agree its much cleaner but kensington is complete junk, ive had 4 of their window mounts break on me.

grinny11

macrumors regular
Aug 12, 2008
I used to have this before my car had iphone integration. I liked it. It was nice to just have one connector for my phone since i listen to music a lot. I know the separate cables are just one more cable to plug in, but a single dock and cable was just a little cleaner and little more convenient.

subzero123

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
This is so weird. I can find the deluxe version for a reasonable price, but it looks like the original has been discontinued and is now selling for 150-200$. I need a free hanging cable, not a mount (already have a custom mount). Anyone ever find a regular one anywhere for a decent price?

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
This is so weird. I can find the deluxe version for a reasonable price, but it looks like the original has been discontinued and is now selling for 150-200$. I need a free hanging cable, not a mount (already have a custom mount). Anyone ever find a regular one anywhere for a decent price?

I'm looking for one as well. :) eBay used to be loaded with them but now only the Deluxe. I wonder if you can "disassemble" the DLX and just retain the connector and cable. They are coming out with a new (cheaper) version without the remote (it's on their website) but according to an email from them it could be months before it's available.

I just ordered a "DELUXE" version for $19.99(!) + $6.00 shipping from MACMALL.COM. It looks like I can tear it apart to do what I need. I figure for $26 I can't go too far wrong. I have a custom mount as well, but I might be able to use "parts" of this.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
if you dont need the wireless remote and already have a custom mount, you could do well with this cable and a usb car charger of your choice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10831&cs_id=1083101&p_id=6226&seq=1&format=2

i have it and it works great, albiet a little long.

and no, it does not work with the iPhone 4's bumpers, but after some shaving of the connector on the cable, it did.

PERFECT! Thank you. I cancelled the other order and ordered this. I only wish it came in black.

Edit: Actually I found a black one. It was $13.00 but it looks better. :)

Alex2287

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2008
I own it too...

I own it, and it works fine with iPhone 4.

I'm waiting for my iPhone 4 and own this aux kit as well. I heard from another forum that it doesn't charge the iPhone 4. Are you having that issue? Also, do you still get that same annoying message that says the accessory isn't compatable?

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL

Just found a seller on eBay with a bunch of them at a decent price.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110557303414

katgirl

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
I'm waiting for my iPhone 4 and own this aux kit as well. I heard from another forum that it doesn't charge the iPhone 4. Are you having that issue? Also, do you still get that same annoying message that says the accessory isn't compatable?

I haven't had any problems with it charging the iPhone 4. It works like a charm!

extrachrispy

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
Sacramento Mountains, New Mexico
if you dont need the wireless remote and already have a custom mount, you could do well with this cable and a usb car charger of your choice.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=108&cp_id=10831&cs_id=1083101&p_id=6226&seq=1&format=2

i have it and it works great, albiet a little long.

and no, it does not work with the iPhone 4's bumpers, but after some shaving of the connector on the cable, it did.

You'll probably want to run an isolator between the iPhone and that 3.5mm jack to kill the GSM buzz, but otherwise, it looks like a heckuva deal.

Karnivore

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2010
Monster makes a similar cable sans remote. Target and RS have it for $50 I bought mine off eBay for $20 and like it so far.

MarionCoste

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2010
sound output

Hi all,

Guys with iPhone 4 and LiquidAUX, could you please perform the following test and give your feedback ?
- Connect the LiquidAUX system to the iPhone dock connector
- Do not plug the AUX cable into the car system
- Play music from the iPhone

Does the iPhone built-in speaker output sounds or not ?

Thanks in advance.

katgirl

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2008
Hi all,

Guys with iPhone 4 and LiquidAUX, could you please perform the following test and give your feedback ?
- Connect the LiquidAUX system to the iPhone dock connector
- Do not plug the AUX cable into the car system
- Play music from the iPhone

Does the iPhone built-in speaker output sounds or not ?

Thanks in advance.

No. The music is played through the car stereo via the dock connection/aux output.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.