PDA

View Full Version : ipod touch stuck in connecting when wifi is enabled

Sossity
Jul 4, 2010, 03:46 AM
This seems to happen from time to time; I have the 2and g ipod touch, when I go into the settings & select wifi, & it found a open network of which I connected.

I open safari, & open a web page, then I go to another part of the web page, & it gets stuck on connecting, the screen grays a little, with a little spinning pinwheel while it is connecting. When it seems to be taking too long, I try to touch the screen to get it to do something, but it just stays stuck on connecting. So I just turned the touch off. Today, I turned it on & found another open wifi network, & when I launch safari, it opens to the stuck connecting page that got stuck last week.

I just want to get it to an open safari page with a Google window to start over for a new search, how do I get it fresh to start again?

right now the internet is useless on it because I cannot get it out of its stuck connecting mode.

Overall, I have found the wifi on this only a little useful, most networks are locked with a password, or the few times I find an open one, the signal is weak at best, with pages loading slowly or getting stuck as I described.

FallenAnjel
Jul 4, 2010, 01:19 PM
This seems to happen from time to time; I have the 2and g ipod touch, when I go into the settings & select wifi, & it found a open network of which I connected.

I open safari, & open a web page, then I go to another part of the web page, & it gets stuck on connecting, the screen grays a little, with a little spinning pinwheel while it is connecting. When it seems to be taking too long, I try to touch the screen to get it to do something, but it just stays stuck on connecting. So I just turned the touch off. Today, I turned it on & found another open wifi network, & when I launch safari, it opens to the stuck connecting page that got stuck last week.

I just want to get it to an open safari page with a Google window to start over for a new search, how do I get it fresh to start again?

right now the internet is useless on it because I cannot get it out of its stuck connecting mode.

Overall, I have found the wifi on this only a little useful, most networks are locked with a password, or the few times I find an open one, the signal is weak at best, with pages loading slowly or getting stuck as I described.

The wifi signal isn't strong enough. The only way to correct that, is to restart the iTouch or to get to a stronger wifi signal. Restarting will still give you the same problem, if you don't find a stronger wifi signal.

I have the same problems connecting to wifi sometimes because I don't have a 3G phone or similar. I'm sure the receivers will get better as time goes on. I also know that wifi is better in some parts of the world/cities/towns than others. I live on Long Island and have Optimum, and while they have Wifi, it's not as great out here in Suffolk, as it is in Nassau, where's everywhere.

I too connect to people's open wifi networks all the time. I have a neighbour that has two networks: SeanWireless and SeanWireless-Guest ;) (Ps...if it's locked, try "admin" sometimes they don't change the default password)

When I first moved in and didn't have wifi, I used the neighbour's behind me, but was stuck in the corner of the living room, with my arms above my head to get a signal.

Oh what we do for internet!

Hopefully Gen4 will have a 3G plan. ;0)

Sossity
Jul 4, 2010, 03:12 PM
The wifi signal isn't strong enough. The only way to correct that, is to restart the iTouch or to get to a stronger wifi signal. Restarting will still give you the same problem, if you don't find a stronger wifi signal.

I have the same problems connecting to wifi sometimes because I don't have a 3G phone or similar. I'm sure the receivers will get better as time goes on. I also know that wifi is better in some parts of the world/cities/towns than others. I live on Long Island and have Optimum, and while they have Wifi, it's not as great out here in Suffolk, as it is in Nassau, where's everywhere.

I too connect to people's open wifi networks all the time. I have a neighbour that has two networks: SeanWireless and SeanWireless-Guest ;) (Ps...if it's locked, try "admin" sometimes they don't change the default password)

When I first moved in and didn't have wifi, I used the neighbour's behind me, but was stuck in the corner of the living room, with my arms above my head to get a signal.

Oh what we do for internet!

Hopefully Gen4 will have a 3G plan. ;0)

Do I use the wholrd administrator? & can the person on the other be able to "see" me & my ipod touch on their network?