Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
i just traded in my ipod 3rd gen for the new 40 gb photo ipod and the bastards almost didnt let me i had to bitch at them. well the other bad news is the plan i kept buying for the last few years no longer exists!!! they only offer applecare, which sucks balls... and to top it off i open the 40 gb ipod photo and it doesnt even include a remote anymore. luckily i kept as much of the stuff from before as i could, i tried to get by with just tradin in ipod but they wouldnt let me so i gave up the dock and cable but kept the rest a told them the headphones broke. so anybody else have this happen to them? ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Cry me a freakin' river, man. You're upset that they dropped a policy which you admit to abusing, then you complain that the 4G's don't include a remote - which any casual browsing of the Apple website would have told you? I'll add you to my list of people whom the world has deserted. :rolleyes:

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
jsw said:
Cry me a freakin' river, man. You're upset that they dropped a policy which you admit to abusing, then you complain that the 4G's don't include a remote? I'll add you to my list of people whom the world has deserted. :rolleyes:

haha, well i got so used to the neetness of not worrying about upgrades for the ipod, but now i will have to clench my fists next year at the next music event, i should start trying to make more money. ;)

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
corywoolf said:
haha, well i got so used to the neetness of not worrying about upgrades for the ipod, but now i will have to clench my fists next year at the next music event, i should start trying to make more money. ;)
Why?

When you're doing so well sitting on your ass and scamming everyone for the free gifts you think they owe you.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Geesh, I don't know what is more sickening, this abuse of a store's policy (that we all end up paying for) or the abuse in the thread about the guy who "borrowed" a G5 from Apple for a project. Where do people get this sense of entitlement?

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
corywoolf:

You should join mymemory--maybe you could trade sleazy tips and tricks.

I wonder why they would discontinue a policy that could be abused. I'm sure you don't know, do you?

Your parents should be so proud.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
bousozoku said:
corywoolf:

You should join mymemory--maybe you could trade sleazy tips and tricks.

I wonder why they would discontinue a policy that could be abused. I'm sure you don't know, do you?

Your parents should be so proud.

in case you don't know, this actually HELPS apple because comp usa pays for the new ipods. it sucks for comp usa but what can i say their service kinda sucks anyways. plus i have bought 2 12" powerbooks, 2 imacs, and 1 ipod plus 3 isights and much more. so i think if you can find a way of scamming stores its perfectly fine, its their own fault. someones gotta keep them in line. ;) you guys take everything so negativly, maybe because bush is going to win? ;)

jackieonasses

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2004
the great OKLAHOMA....
corywoolf said:
in case you don't know, this actually HELPS apple because comp usa pays for the new ipods. it sucks for comp usa but what can i say their service kinda sucks anyways. plus i have bought 2 12" powerbooks, 2 imacs, and 1 ipod plus 3 isights and much more. so i think if you can find a way of scamming stores its perfectly fine, its their own fault. someones gotta keep them in line. ;) you guys take everything so negativly, maybe because bush is going to win? ;)
sorry sir, you are ridiculous. I hope you somehow get put in jail for fraudulent acts. You disgust me.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I've got to agree with everyone in the thread in some way or another. Cue the picture of the CompUSA thing. Won't say what it is, but its funny. They screwed my brother out of his money. He bought an iPod from there, brought it home, worked the first day, didn't work the second, took it to them. When he got down there, it started working again, and they charged him to restock it and then he had to spend some money before he could get at least $250 back.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
slooksterPSV said:
I've got to agree with everyone in the thread in some way or another. Cue the picture of the CompUSA thing. Won't say what it is, but its funny. They screwed my brother out of his money. He bought an iPod from there, brought it home, worked the first day, didn't work the second, took it to them. When he got down there, it started working again, and they charged him to restock it and then he had to spend some money before he could get at least $250 back.

yeah, the only guy you can trust @ comp usa is usually the apple guy but he's only at mine like once a week. i wish apple had a store closer to ann arbor. novi is like 45 min away, not that bad. but the store is the smallest apple store i've been in. and i've been to lots in CA and new england. its a mall store so what can you expect? lol

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
look ripping off high street stores needs to be done, the amount shops make from pricing errors ect is immense, maybe some of these humorous images will bring a smile to a "moral" mac rumors reader.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Apr 3, 2003
Hector said:
look ripping off high street stores needs to be done, the amount shops make from pricing errors ect is immense, maybe some of these humorous images will bring a smile to a "moral" mac rumors reader.

if you think there's something wrong with their store policies, don't shop there. (that's what maddox - where your 'tar and the little graphics come from - advocates)(by the way, unless you are maddox himself or asked for his permission, you are infringing on his copyright too.)

deriving personal gain by scamming them under the pretence of taking a stance against their policies makes you no better than exactly those policies. :rolleyes:

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
jxyama said:
deriving personal gain by scamming them under the pretence of taking a stance against their policies makes you no better than exactly those policies. :rolleyes:
Which is what people do when they scam the insurance companies.

Oh wait, fraud is a crime. :eek:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
corywoolf said:

So, I should thank you for not sleazing Apple out of their money? I don't think so.

I missed a $50 CompUSA gift card indirectly because of the hurricanes and being in and out of my house during that time. I suppose that entitles me to go into the store and pick up some software and walk out with it without paying because they weren't nice enough to bend the rules a little.

Obviously, they are correcting their policies because of people such as you. I'm glad for them and happy that it gives you a reason to straighten up your act.

upperblue79

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2004
Little Rock, AR
corywoolf said:
i just traded in my ipod 3rd gen for the new 40 gb photo ipod and the bastards almost didnt let me i had to bitch at them. well the other bad news is the plan i kept buying for the last few years no longer exists!!! they only offer applecare, which sucks balls... and to top it off i open the 40 gb ipod photo and it doesnt even include a remote anymore. luckily i kept as much of the stuff from before as i could, i tried to get by with just tradin in ipod but they wouldnt let me so i gave up the dock and cable but kept the rest a told them the headphones broke. so anybody else have this happen to them? ;)

Compusa quit selling TAP (Technology Assurance Program) on the ipod because of people like you. Compusa got tired of people scamming them to get the new ipods when released. The thing I can't believe is your complaining. TAP was a good thing and people like you ruined it for the honest ones out there. I hope your happy.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 28, 2004
upperblue79 said:
Compusa quit selling TAP (Technology Assurance Program) on the ipod because of people like you. Compusa got tired of people scamming them to get the new ipods when released. The thing I can't believe is your complaining. TAP was a good thing and people like you ruined it for the honest ones out there. I hope your happy.

its tight though, i can deal with an outdated ipod for a few years till i am a millionare. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.