Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
So I just moved and while going through the delight of unpacking all my junk I came to a shameful realization.

I have a lot of not just unbeaten games, but a lot of unOPENED games. Skate 2 (free from ea focus testing) Bioshock 2 ($10 from video store closing), dragon age (ea again), command and cinquer3, dark sector, the darkness, chromehounds, dead space and dead space extraction, de blob, god of war iii, plus probably a dozen ds and psp games and I don't even want to look at my steam account ( damn summer sale) or my PS2/gamecube library.

It got to the point where I took about 20 pc games that I either had steam versions of or just knew I would never ever play ( c&c generals? Warcraft 2?) and put them in the pile to give to charity. Then I put another 10 ps2 games on it. Trade in won't be anything so someone might as well use them.

Today I have nothing but free time to play something.... But I dunno what the hell to play! Should I start something fresh? Beat something really old? I feel quite silly.

DdMac679

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2009
United States
I am actually dealing with the same issue, too many games and not enough time. I have been starting with more of my fresher games to get back in the grove of the system I am playing on and then switching it up to an older game. No matter how much I try though, I can't seem to focus on just that 1 game very long :D. With the fall season of games just a couple of months out, I know that I am really going to get backlogged this winter.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Of all the things I started playing Burnout Paradise last night. Goddam that game is f-u-n. Then I fired up inFAMOUS, last time I played was over a year ago :eek: And with Persona 3 Portable on the way I am hesitant to start into RPG'ing again.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Don't get started on games I have on the shelves which have either never been opened or played for 10 minutes and then forgotten about :(

I'm still slowly and I mean v.slowly getting through some rpg's - but chances are I never will complete.

I usually end up giving them away, or trading them in - even though after 6 months the games are worthless really at trade.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Fortunately, there aren't many games announced for the remainder of the year that I am excited about. (Maybe Mafia 2?) That will give me a chance to take care of my backlog. :)

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
Of all the things I started playing Burnout Paradise last night. Goddam that game is f-u-n.

I am pretty picky about what games I play (and hold on to, instead of trading in), but I bought the downloadable version of Burnout Paradise since I knew I'd never trade it in, and it really is a blast every time I play it.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
Sounds familiar, though I don't have any unopened games because I at least try all games once. And I just can't bring myself to sell anything...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
And I just can't bring myself to sell anything...

At least I am somewhat good about that. :)

PS3 games I have owned and sold:

- Motorstorm
- Resistance
- R6: Vegas
- Street Fighter 4
- Assassin's Creed
- Batman: AA
- Resident Evil 5

And my next trade-ins will be Just Cause 2 (next opportunity, really) and Red Dead Redemption (once I beat it...don't see that as a long term source of fun unfortunately).

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
I would try out all of them first to see which you like, and then stick with the ones you prefer. I wish I was in your situation :p

ManhattanPrjct

macrumors 6502
Oct 6, 2008
And my next trade-ins will be Just Cause 2 (next opportunity, really) and Red Dead Redemption (once I beat it...don't see that as a long term source of fun unfortunately).

Not into replaying the single-player as an outlaw? The multiplayer (especially the co-op missions) can be a lot of fun.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
yay I beat inFAMOUS last night. Quite the twist ending!

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
(Muffin Ears) I am still playing the game :D (Muffin Ears)

Well! Zeke decides to eat a cheeseburger and....... :p

I beat 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand yesterday. Very fun game, like Gears but way more arcade-like (chain bonuses for kills, headshots, explosions etc.) not to mention VERY funny. Check out Giantbomb's video review for a taste of it.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
I'm working through mine, holding out for only the best absolute deals to add anything on.

xbox 360:
ninja gaiden 2 (currently playing)
bioshock (need to finish)
resident evil 5
dirt
borderlands
fallout goty

wii:
resident evil 4

ps3:
infamous
resistance 1 & 2
killzone 2
ratchet and clank tools of destruction
uncharted
folklore

And I'm looking forward to Brink, Rage, Dragon Age 2, Halo Reach, Fable 3 and more. Don't know that I'll ever catch up :confused:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've got way too many too. I ended up buying a truck load of DS, PSP and Steam games before a holiday on a desert island. I thought I'd have nothing to do there so I stocked up and had intentions of beating some of my older games.

Nope.

All I played was Peacewalker, Everybody's Golf 2, GT and bits of Lemmings and LocoRoco. I splashed out on loads of RPGs that I didn't even touch. I bought Infinite Space JUST for the holiday and I'm only 45 minutes in.

If anything I've taught myself that even with the games that I want; I still might not play them. Gotta stop that.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
This is why I have stopped buying games...until I can catch up on the ones I still haven't beaten. ....unless there is some super cheap price for a game.

That little out always comes back to bite me :eek:

"OMG! $4.99 for Lego Batman?! Hmm... that's so cheap! I'lll never get around to playing more than 15 minutes of it ever I HAVE TO BUY IT NOW BEFORE IT GOES BACK TO $9.99!"

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
^ Lol indeed. I've bought loads of games when they were reduced or on sale v.cheap and ended up not playing them.

I've often bought cheap games online as they were worth more at trade in at my local gamestop than they cost me from the online retailer, and therefore I use that as an excuse for cheaper games in gamestop. :D

dscuber9000

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
Indiana, US
There's a lot of games that released this year that I just haven't gotten to. :p Thank goodness for the summer. In the past month I played through Alan Wake and Splinter Cell: Conviction. I still have to find the time to get around Mass Effect 2, though. I don't think I can beat the game in a rental period.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Well for a second I thought he was going for just a hamburger. Finished my 1st play-through (good side) and liked the ending. I am curious to see how well they will incorporate the story into Infamous 2.

Yeah a lot of people complained about the ending as being kind of cheeky but I rather liked it. I liked the character though, and the serious tone of the story sounds like it will be changed a lot with the Nathan-Drake'ing of the main dude.

On a personal note, I busted into FEAR 2 today. Stupid ass story but it's fun. Slow-mo shotgun body exploding is amusing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.