Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgbr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fusion 3 seems only to support snow leopard server, not snow leopard?

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Doesn't make any sense?!

Fusion 3 seems only to support snow leopard server, not snow leopard?

Why would you run Snow Leopard in Fusion 3? You either can run Fusion or you cannot. If you cannot then even in emulation it makes no sense, does it? Also this would circumvent Apple's ROM in the code ... maybe down the road it would be supported on newer OS X 10.7.xx or higher but natively in Snow Leopard or lower just doesn't make sense.

macsmurf

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
Why would you run Snow Leopard in Fusion 3? You either can run Fusion or you cannot. If you cannot then even in emulation it makes no sense, does it? Also this would circumvent Apple's ROM in the code ... maybe down the road it would be supported on newer OS X 10.7.xx or higher but natively in Snow Leopard or lower just doesn't make sense.

Sometimes it's nice to have a virtual SL to test things out on. It does seem to go against the EULA, though.

It can be fairly easily done but I'm not sure that it is within the rules of the forum to tell you how. Luckily Google exists.

VideoFreek

Contributor
May 12, 2007
Philly
Sometimes it's nice to have a virtual SL to test things out on. It does seem to go against the EULA, though.

It can be fairly easily done but I'm not sure that it is within the rules of the forum to tell you how. Luckily Google exists.
If all you want is a "sandbox" to play around in, wouldn't a better approach be to simply clone your system to an external drive and then boot from that?

PilotWoo

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2006
Snow Leopard client is restricted from virtualisation by its EULA. Snow Leopard Server isn't. Hence VMware only allow server to be virtualised.

There are hacks about to get around this situation, but i've not tried them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.