Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadianEh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Hi everyone. I purchased an I-Touch (16GB) last August. Been experiencing some problems when charging via wall adaptor. Called Apple and they will be sending me a replacement. Do you know if the replacements are usually the current generation or the original? Thanks.

cherieaustralia

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2009
Australia
Darn, I was hoping I would get the latest. :(

Wouldn't that be the best surprise if you did get the latest model sent back to you!
I'm in the same situation, waiting for a fix or a replacement with my iPod touch which froze when I installed IOS 4.
What I wonder is, will IOS 4 be installed when I get my touch back? I'm a bit nervous about installing IOS 4 again incase the same thing happens all over again.

saxon48

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2010
Barad-dûr
Wouldn't that be the best surprise if you did get the latest model sent back to you!
I'm in the same situation, waiting for a fix or a replacement with my iPod touch which froze when I installed IOS 4.
What I wonder is, will IOS 4 be installed when I get my touch back? I'm a bit nervous about installing IOS 4 again incase the same thing happens all over again.

Just a hunch, but I would be inclined to believe that iOS4 will be installed when your replacement Touch comes. Apple will want to promote the new OS, not 3.1.3 (unless, of course, you had the 1st generation Touch :p )

cherieaustralia

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2009
Australia
Just a hunch, but I would be inclined to believe that iOS4 will be installed when your replacement Touch comes. Apple will want to promote the new OS, not 3.1.3 (unless, of course, you had the 1st generation Touch :p )

thanks Saxon! That does make sense doesn't it :) Yes its a 2G

CanadianEh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009

I should be getting the replacement in about 2 weeks. They're putting the original engraving as well. Now that's customer service.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
everyone's entitled to their opinion.
I know.
That would be awesome!
If they engrave it they should re-install it.
I should be getting the replacement in about 2 weeks. They're putting the original engraving as well. Now that's customer service.
Cool.

cherieaustralia

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2009
Australia

I received my replacement iPod Touch 2G 8GB back today. It's running beautifully BUT its the 2.2.1 software version. Apple are inviting me to upgrade the software to 4.0. I'm freaking out about going through the same problem again with 4.0 Is there a way to download "through Apple downloads" the software version just prior to 4.0 ?

CanadianEh

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
I received my replacement iPod Touch 2G 8GB back today. It's running beautifully BUT its the 2.2.1 software version. Apple are inviting me to upgrade the software to 4.0. I'm freaking out about going through the same problem again with 4.0 Is there a way to download "through Apple downloads" the software version just prior to 4.0 ?

Interesting. I should be getting my replacement in a week and a bit. I just got my box to return my old I-Touch last Friday.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ download the 3.1.2, the 3.1.3 firmware file is corrupted.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.