Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
Shawn writes "Hey Guys,
I work at CompUSA and I have some information that may be of interest to you. As of today (7.01.01) at least one of the iMacs of each speed, All of the PowerMac G4's and all of the Cubes underwent a change in the source codes. They went from -A01 which is an active item to -N01 which is an item that we no longer carry. Just thought that may be the proving factor that major changes are going to occuring at MacWorld."

G4 Cubert

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2001
I hope it means new stuff, and not...

I hope it means new stuff, and not that CompUSA is getting out of the Mac business. Have the product codes also changed for iBooks and PBs, or no?

Shawn

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2001
Other Source Codes

Nope, all other items (PowerBook G4 and iBook) are the standard -A01 status code, but one thing you may want to note is that generally items only go -N01 when there is a big change undergone to the product, not an upgrade. For instance when the Digital Audio G4's came out, the Gigabits turned -D01 and same with the Previous line of iMac. I think this is some evidence that there is going to be a major change... ie, ditch the cube, new bodies for the G4s and LCD iMacs, but that may be stretching it, but I can hope!

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
I hope so

I gut tells me major change. I heard that there well be a new face plate for the Towers but not a compleetly new case. I bet that wont happen utill the G5 comes out. I can hardly wate for the new gear. I am primed and ready to buy a new G4. My iMac feels like a childs toy.

Buster

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2001
new machines

I have been waiting on pins and needles as I have wanted to upgrade my G4 400MHz machine for some time now. Haven't been this excited since I got my Tibook.....Go Steve go...don't disappoint us.

E

eqm

Re: new machines

Something is up because some of the products in out Apple Campus Computer Store (run off of Apple's site) were no longer valid... was the low end iMac and Graphite iMac

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.