Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi Folks,

A neighbour is trying to burn a DVD of footage from their JVC GZ-MG330 hard disk camcorder.

They can import the footage just fine, but when they try to burn a DVD, it hangs at 99% complete and nothing will burn on the disc.

Now, please don't flame me, but this is on a PC. I don't know the specs, but I wanted to post here b/c this forum has a wide spectrum of users and I have a funny feeling that this issue isn't related to the camcorder, but a problem with DVD burning.

Maybe they don't have enough RAM or something else?

Cheers,
Keebler

-DH

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2006
Nashville Tennessee
Find out what burning software your neighbor is using. Go to their support site and post your questions there.

Also make sure the neighbor is using good quality media - NOT a low/no quality brand like Memorex.

-DH

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Find out what burning software your neighbor is using. Go to their support site and post your questions there.

Also make sure the neighbor is using good quality media - NOT a low/no quality brand like Memorex.

-DH

Thanks - I'll double-check on the software with them. I dorm know what media they were using but they tried my Maxwell discs and that didn't work either.

Cheers
Keebler

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.