PDA

View Full Version : iAd - You have no eligible bundle identifiers. Please register one here.

chainprayer
Jul 4, 2010, 07:02 PM
I'm trying to submit an app that uses iAds and I'm encountering a strange message.

Here's my process so far...
1. In ITC choose Manage Apps
2. Add new app
3. No encryption
4. No for under 17 audience
5. Select enable iAds.
Then I get a message saying You have no eligible bundle identifiers. Please register one here. When I click the link it just takes me to the iPhone developer portal.

Why am I getting this message? I haven't even had a chance to upload a binary. What can I do to resolve this?

Thank you! My app is otherwise ready to go! :)

bweberapps
Jul 4, 2010, 08:32 PM
You need to make sure you signed the iAd contract, and you need a unique code sign for the app, you can't use your .* code sign that you can use for every app.

chainprayer
Jul 8, 2010, 02:13 PM
All my contracts are good and I have a unique identifier entered in Xcode. How would that make a difference? I'm getting the message before I even upload a binary.

luciusv
Jul 8, 2010, 02:33 PM
When you create a new app and you enable iAds it asks you which specific bundle ID you want to use for that app. The fact that it isn't suggests you haven't created a unique bundle ID for that app in the Provisioning Portal, and just have a generic .* one.

You need to create a distribution provisioning profile with a unique bundle identifier (the same as your app is in xcode) not just enter a unique ID in xcode.

Create a new bundle ID in the Provisioning Portal then create a new distribution provisioning profile for that specific bundle ID and install it. Make sure you correctly select this new distribution profile on the release target and it should work.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but if you already did this before iAds was available you may want to try creating it again.

chainprayer
Jul 8, 2010, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the help! Got it up and running :)