PDA

View Full Version : Anyone get detected by AT&T?

Ahbba
Jul 4, 2010, 10:04 PM
I just read that AT&T now are scanning networks and can find who use iPhones and charge them for data due to the new release of iPhone 4. Has anyone been detected by AT&T and charged?

dukebound85
Jul 4, 2010, 10:10 PM
they always do scans

Applejuiced
Jul 4, 2010, 10:10 PM
I just read that AT&T now are scanning networks and can find who use iPhones and charge them for data due to the new release of iPhone 4. Has anyone been detected by AT&T and charged?

I know someone who did about a month ago or so.
Data plan was added automaticly.
I also know another person with 5 iphones on a family plan with no data and still nothing.
Hit or miss I guess.
I dont think its cause of the release of iPhone 4. They could have done that at any time they wanted due to the user agreement policy for all AT&T subscribers.

Ahbba
Jul 4, 2010, 10:13 PM
A lot of people have been sent a text from AT&T that they r now chrging them for data. So can people still use gophone sims in iPhones without getting charged?

Applejuiced
Jul 4, 2010, 10:27 PM
A lot of people have been sent a text from AT&T that they r now chrging them for data. So can people still use gophone sims in iPhones without getting charged?

Yes, with gophones obviously they cannot charge you since its prepaid:D

Ahbba
Jul 4, 2010, 10:36 PM
Will they be able to detect my iPhone 3gs 3.1.3 using a regular AT&T sim?

Nexus4144
Jul 4, 2010, 10:41 PM
Yeah. They have been doing this for a very long time. I wouldn't worry though. I have three iPhones on our family plan, one has no data plan and two are running the iPhone 2g $20/unlimited (though I have iPhone 3gS). Every since I've had my phones, AT&T has sent me emails on a monthly basis that they have changed my plan to the correct one but they have never actually done anything. :cool:

McGiord
Jul 4, 2010, 10:49 PM
Yeah. They have been doing this for a very long time. I wouldn't worry though. I have three iPhones on our family plan, one has no data plan and two are running the iPhone 2g $20/unlimited (though I have iPhone 3gS). Every since I've had my phones, AT&T has sent me emails on a monthly basis that they have changed my plan to the correct one but they have never actually done anything. :cool:

And are you sure that someday down the road you will NOT receive a collection agency letter or call?

Ahbba
Jul 4, 2010, 10:50 PM
Do u use the iPhone 3gs without data? What firmware is the iPhone without data on and how long have u been doing this?