PDA

View Full Version : Time Capsule 500gb, 500gb iMac

Apollonian
Jul 5, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hello everyone,
I cant seem to find an answer anywhere but I just got a 500gb iMac but on my old MacBook Pro that I migrating from I only took up 200gb of space, will a 500gb Time Capsule be able to handle this? In other words does it still need 500gb of space even if I'm not currently using that much. I don't see myself using much more space and don't want to upgrade my time capsule if its not necessary.
Thanks!

Mac'nCheese
Jul 5, 2010, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone,
I cant seem to find an answer anywhere but I just got a 500gb iMac but on my old MacBook Pro that I migrating from I only took up 200gb of space, will a 500gb Time Capsule be able to handle this? In other words does it still need 500gb of space even if I'm not currently using that much. I don't see myself using much more space and don't want to upgrade my time capsule if its not necessary.
Thanks!

I;m not sure exactlly how much more the backup space takes but if you did need to backup 500gb of data, you would need a backup drive bigger then that. If you have an old time capsule, why don['t you just use that one until it is fulled and then worry about getting something bigger then. I'm sure the price will drop nicely in six, seven months...