Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ruahrc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I had a question about B2MM and waking over the internet. I have a MBP running 10.6 at home and an iMac running 10.5 at work. If I am reading things right (google and the apple support docs), B2MM won't wake up the 10.5 iMac when I try to access it via the MBP, correct? I took my laptop to work one day to test it out and when I put the iMac to sleep, it would not wake for B2MM. The iMac would dissapear from the finder sidebar on my MBP when I put it to sleep.

Will B2MM wake up the MBP if I try to do it the other way around (have the iMac try to wake the MBP)?

At home, the MBP is wirelessly connected to a Time Capsule, so I think all the router hardware is correct. At work, the computer is connected via ethernet to the network, which likely does not have any Apple hardware. Is my problem that the iMac is running 10.5, or that non-apple routing hardware is used at my work? If I upgraded the iMac to 10.6, would I be able to wake the iMac for file/screen access over the internet?

Ruahrc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.