Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
I have Mac Mini that i bought back in late 2007.
It currently has a 1gb Ram and I'm hoping to upgrade it by another gig manually (it's long past its warranty).
I was just wondering if this is compatible: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=467198433&pf_rd_i=468294
Does your mini have 1GB in one slot and nothing in the other slot? Or does it have 512MB in one slot, and 512MB in the other slot?

The RAM you linked to looks right. 667MHz DDR2. It's just that depending on what you actually have in your system, buying one stick might leave you with 1.5GB.

Izaak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Does your mini have 1GB in one slot and nothing in the other slot? Or does it have 512MB in one slot, and 512MB in the other slot?

The RAM you linked to looks right. 667MHz DDR2. It's just that depending on what you actually have in your system, buying one stick might leave you with 1.5GB.

I think it's 2 512MB's. Does the Mac mini only have 2 slots then?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Yup on the two slots.

If you run Applications > Utilities > System Profiler and look for "Memory", it should show you what's currently each bank (slot), including the speed.

If you haven't already seen the crazy stuff you have to do to get to the banks to replace the RAM, check out ifixit.com I think that they have a good video guide. If not, YouTube used to have a few.

Izaak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Yeah, I'll settle for 1.5Gb's then, I just bought Snow Leopard so hopefully that'll give it a speed boost aswell. Thanks for the help! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.