Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

modul8tr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002

Attachments

• pdAPIPO4LCJM1WEBELCpc1.jpg
    pdAPIPO4LCJM1WEBELCpc1.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1,903
  • pdAPIPO4LCJM1BEWELCpc2.jpg
    pdAPIPO4LCJM1BEWELCpc2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,901
  • pdAPIPO4LCJM1BKOELCpc8.jpg
    pdAPIPO4LCJM1BKOELCpc8.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,888
  • pdAPIPO4LCJM1WERDLCpc5.jpg
    pdAPIPO4LCJM1WERDLCpc5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,898
  • pdAPIPO4LCJM1WEBELCpc6.jpg
    pdAPIPO4LCJM1WEBELCpc6.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,847

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I posted the black one being sold on eBay a while back. I think the quality looks nice, but I have 2 major reservations. One, there's no dock connector hole. It looks like you would have to open the case to plug it in. Two, I think the downward flap would be very awkward in daily use. Folding it back would substantially increase the phone's thickness, and letting it dangle would get in the way.

I'd like to see a version with the front cover removed.

modul8tr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2002
The flap cover is a very specific choice for some people. I happen to like them. For me, they really don't get in the way or add serious thickness to the phone.

I had an Orbino Pantera (flip cover) on my 3GS that was just about as thin as you could get, and it had a cut out for the dock. Before that I had a Vaja, which was very similar to this design. I don't remember if it had a dock cut out though. The Vaja had excellent shock protection for the phone, due to the molded structure.

Anyone familiar with this company and quality of design?

For now, it's between this and the SGP Carbon Series leather case, if they're released for iPhone 4.

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Looks very similar to vaja cases but at a fraction of the cost. I might be tempted to get one.

nerk69

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
I was looking for info on this case too, it looks like here is the only place anyone is talking about it. Lurked here for a while but I just had to register for this...

So, I am taking a chance and I just placed the ordered the white with blue. It looks so nice... I hope it live up to the pictures on there site when I get it.

hchavarria

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
I was looking for info on this case too, it looks like here is the only place anyone is talking about it. Lurked here for a while but I just had to register for this...

So, I am taking a chance and I just placed the ordered the white with blue. It looks so nice... I hope it live up to the pictures on there site when I get it.

I also took the plunge and ordered the blue and white. I like the looks of the case so I plan on using it for the weekends. I think I will continue to waite for the Otter Box for the weeday use.

nerk69

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2010
Just got my shipment notification...

Thank you very much. Now your item was shipped out at 12 July,2010 by
Airmail.

For USA area: around 7-14 working days

Now, let the anticipation begin!!

tasslehawf

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Austin, TX
I just ordered the black one with the lighter color stitching.
pdAPIPO4LCJT1BKLCpc1.jpg

I'm very excited. I have wanted to get a flip case like this, but neither the vaja or the Sena cases protected the top corners of the phone. I dropped my 2G quite a bit on the corners and was afraid I would eventually shatter my i4.

Bear Hunter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2008
You're going to have camera flash issues with that cut out on the back. Just look through some of the threads on some of the covers you stick on which have the same teardrop cut out. If there are issues with those thin things, what do you think is going to happen when it's thick like on this case?

Other than that, it looks nice

tasslehawf

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2003
Austin, TX
You're going to have camera flash issues with that cut out on the back. Just look through some of the threads on some of the covers you stick on which have the same teardrop cut out. If there are issues with those thin things, what do you think is going to happen when it's thick like on this case?

Other than that, it looks nice

Nothing wood carving tools and a little superglue can't fix.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Had this as a vaja case...paid almost $100 for it. These are a fraction of the price and offer the same protection/looks. I'm down. Now which scheme to order...

EarthDawn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2008
Long-eye Land, NY
Got my notice of shipment as well..

And if it affects the flash I don't really care as I never really needed it in the first place and really use it for it's flashlight ability ;)

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
I would try this if they got rid of the stitching. It ruins the look of the case in my opinion, but it's not bad for $30 either way. Is it real leather? I don't think stitching was necessary for the case's functionality, so they should have saved the extra cents and decided not to add the stitching.

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida
I received my red and white one yesterday. I like it and it will work well for me. The camera works well but forget about the flash. I don't use flash so it doesn't bother me one bit. Phone feels well protected.

p516928843-4.jpg

p334375235-4.jpg

p379301889-4.jpg

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

OlgaJ said:
I received my red and white one yesterday. I like it and it will work well for me. The camera works well but forget about the flash. I don't use flash so it doesn't bother me one bit. Phone feels well protected.

[***]

Looks nicely made but bulks up the phone quite a bit. Any way to charge it while in the case? And does it smell like leather?

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida

Looks nicely made but bulks up the phone quite a bit. Any way to charge it while in the case? And does it smell like leather?

The bulking of the phone makes it feel more secure in my hands, which I like. I've found the naked phone too dainty and thin to hold securely. I suppose that's an individual like/dislike. You have to open the front cover to charge it. (You can see from the pictures that with the cover on, the socket is covered.)

As to the smell, I could not tell you. I had an accident 30 years ago at which time I lost my sense of smell completely and have no one else around here to do a smell test. :D

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

Well I suppose it doesn't really matter if it's leather or PU, though PU often describes the smell as well. One way to know for sure if it's leather would be to heat up a needle over a flame and poke the case somewhere inconspicuous. Leather doesn't melt.

Any comments on the latch? Does close nicely? I worry that these types of pressure fit latches will either loosen over time, or scratch the spot they rub against if they're too tight.

OlgaJ

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2009
Florida

Well I suppose it doesn't really matter if it's leather or PU, though PU often describes the smell as well. One way to know for sure if it's leather would be to heat up a needle over a flame and poke the case somewhere inconspicuous. Leather doesn't melt.

Any comments on the latch? Does close nicely? I worry that these types of pressure fit latches will either loosen over time, or scratch the spot they rub against if they're too tight.

I'm not testing it with a needle poke. lol!

The verdict about the latch is still not in. When I first fit the case to the phone, it felt like it just hung there, right in the middle of the stainless steel plate. After playing for it a few times, it seems that it rests at the lower edge of the steel plate (still resting on it) and feels slightly improved. I see no scratches at all on the spot it's been rubbing on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.