Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

armandocerna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Chico, CA
I just recieved my bluetooth mouse in the mail and have been using it all night. All I have to say is my apple bluetooth mouse is currently listed on ebay. What a difference it is to have a scroll wheel and a right click button. At first I thought that the size might be an issue because I have huge hands but it is very comfortable in my hand in fact even more so then a full size mouse. I find myself just using my fingers to mouse instead of using my whole hand and picking up the mouse. Installation was simple and I had no problems what so ever perfect mouse good price no complaints.

Armando

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
I would like to second this review.

I just received my BT500 mouse this evening. It's smaller than I expected and I wasn't sure that I was going to like it but after using it for a couple hours I don't think I would change anything. It's light, will travel well with my PB and it's painless to setup and use. And you can turn it off to save batteries when not using it.

I would highly recommend this mouse to anyone looking for a companion to their PowerBook.

I would probably stick to full sized mice with a desktop but for portability this one can't be beat.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
I have one two and realy like it. My only complaint is that I find the scroll wheel to be a little stiff compared to most mice use. If the wheel was a bit easyer to scroll it would be perfect. Anyone know if there is a way to loosen it up?

armandocerna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Chico, CA
I found it to be a little slow but under System Preferences -> Keyboard and Mouse -> mouse there is a scrolling speed option I turned it up a little and I was good to go. I go through the batteries in about a week I use my mac 8+ hours a day though.

armandocerna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Chico, CA
A company called Bluetake. Though I ordered my mouse from Radtech. It's the same mouse however the radtech one is branded by radtech. It's my second bluetooth mouse. My first mouse was the apple mouse which is a great mouse but no scroll wheel or right click so it grew old fast.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
Forgot about the batteries. It does go through them fast, they don't last more than a week (the Apple bluetooth mouse lasted me more than a month before I got the BT500 and I have yet to change its batteries). What I did was get rechargable batteries. I got 4 so two are in the mouse and two in the charger at all times. Just swap whenever the batteries die, works pretty well for me.

armandocerna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 22, 2004
Chico, CA
I'm not sure but I think that the reason behind this is that they are AAA batteries. I think they don't have as much juice as the AA. I would rather have a small light mouse that is the perfect size and works great with a scroll wheel and a right click button then one that has batteries that just last a month. It's no biggie I am going to be getting a good set of rechargables

bennybagel

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2004
Bluetake Wireless Bluetooth Printer Adapter

Has anyone tried with sucess the Bluetake BT210 Printer Adapter..I have not been able to get it to work on any of 4 printers..HP 6110 AIO, Canon i860, HP Laserjet 1012 or HP Deskjet 5550. It will work on my Epson C80

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.