PDA

View Full Version : Facetime Help Please

Tsquare
Jul 6, 2010, 10:29 PM
Ok, so I have had my iphone since launch day. My fiance got hers today. We were going to try out the facetime so when we got home we logged into the wifi, but neither of us have the facetime camera icon under contacts, and when we call each other we dont have that option. What am I doing wrong?

bumzo1
Jul 6, 2010, 10:45 PM
Go into settings - Phone and make sure facetime is slid to on, on both of them.

Tsquare
Jul 7, 2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks!

Hankster
Jul 7, 2010, 07:27 AM
Also, if you restore your iPhone 4 with a previous iPhone the FaceTime icon will be gone. Go back to settings and turn on FaceTime, you may have to reboot.

LordOBoogie
Jul 7, 2010, 08:37 AM
Also, if you restore your iPhone 4 with a previous iPhone the FaceTime icon will be gone. Go back to settings and turn on FaceTime, you may have to reboot.

I restored from my 3GS, and it was still there. So this isn't true in every case.

TerryJoyce
Jul 7, 2010, 08:51 AM
I would love to use Facetime but I am the only person I know with an iPhone 4.

Jestered
Jul 7, 2010, 08:53 AM
I restored from my 3GS, and it was still there. So this isn't true in every case.

It's true if you restore from a backup that was jailbroken, you will not have access to Facetime at all. I had that problem and had to restore from a slightly older backup that wasn't jailbroken and facetime came back and worked perfectly.