PDA

View Full Version : Apple Price Match Gaurantee for both Apple hardware and soft...

MacBytes
Nov 4, 2004, 09:58 AM
Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Apple Price Match Gaurantee for both Apple hardware and software (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041104105806)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

Wonder Boy
Nov 4, 2004, 10:08 AM
i'll be using the education discount until i retire but for everyone else it sounds like a decent deal.

Mord
Nov 4, 2004, 10:11 AM
www.shaye.co.uk, for one they have very cheap new macs and are totaly legit

Styvas
Nov 4, 2004, 10:26 AM
I'd be curious to know if Apple uses the detailed pricing and vendor information to put pressure on resellers that are undercutting their own store.

I suppose, as a consumer, why should I care. But somehow I do!

Oh well,

Steve

Stella
Nov 4, 2004, 10:33 AM
I think this is the case... this is an attempt to the resellers to stop discounting apple products.

Trying to complete with your own resellers make absolutely no sense!

I'd be curious to know if Apple uses the detailed pricing and vendor information to put pressure on resellers that are undercutting their own store.

I suppose, as a consumer, why should I care. But somehow I do!

Oh well,

Steve

mainstreetmark
Nov 4, 2004, 11:02 AM
Trying to complete with your own resellers make absolutely no sense!

I don't quite get it either... You'll piss them off and run them out of business, and suddenly, you're less 'visible'.

macridah
Nov 4, 2004, 11:03 AM
i guessed you're hosed if you're a reseller ... unless there isn't a apple store within 50 miles and customers want to see the computer in person.

wdlove
Nov 4, 2004, 11:29 AM
It's too bad for our International members that this offer only applies in the United States.

tutubibi
Nov 4, 2004, 11:36 AM
Looks like in couple of years, the one and only way to buy Apple stuff will be Apple Store or Apple Online Store.

Not a good move for Apple. They need smaller independent resellers.

Mord
Nov 4, 2004, 03:57 PM
Looks like in couple of years, the one and only way to buy Apple stuff will be Apple Store or Apple Online Store.

Not a good move for Apple. They need smaller independent resellers.

every independent apple reseller i know are skanky bastards that overcharge by horrendous margins (bar square group and john lewis).

it's the small things like 15 for a clock battery or over 100 for 512MB of ram, or still charging full price for old software.

or even offering 80 for a b&w g3 when there selling the things for over 300 right in front of you.

combatcolin
Nov 4, 2004, 05:26 PM
Both BMW and Mercedes are trying to edge out resellers and sell their own cars themselves.

Stella
Nov 4, 2004, 08:35 PM
It's too bad for our International members that this offer only applies in the United States.

Not surprised.

Just like a lot of other things.

However, Apple have begun to release there is a larger world out there recently though with the iPhoto publishing for some parts of Europe and also iTMS of course.