PDA

View Full Version : Help! Understanding financial reports...

RunToTheHills
Jul 7, 2010, 04:21 AM
Hi All,

In quite the jam... Hoping someone here may be able to offer assistance...

Issue is this:

I am handling the financials of apps sold, for my boss. I am confused when I look at the financial reports as for how much money has been made from these apps.

To illustrate my issue, I've included a screen shot which will display below.

Here is where the confusion lies: For all of the reports you can download; for each report that corresponds to each country the app was sold in, I get a total dollar amount at the bottom of the report. HOWEVER... as underlined in yellow in the picture, there is ANOTHER kind of report that has a file name ending in PYMT.txt. So my question is this: is the dollar amount shown in the PYMT file representative of ALL the money we've made up to that point, including sales of apps in other countries- and thus the check received in the mail reflects that payment?

Here is why this is confusing me... I've added up the total funds in each report previous to the PYMT file. Countries like Denmark, Russia, etc. Let's imagine that the total for a few months is $300.00. Now, when I look at the PYMT file, it will only say something like $160. Is that JUST for United States sales? Or is it supposed to reflect all world nations leading up to that point?

Desperate to find info. Any responses greatly appreciated. See screen shot below.

Best,
RTTH

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/4830/reportsc.jpg

robbieduncan
Jul 7, 2010, 05:36 AM
Payments are per-region. So that payment is for the US region only. Note that this means you have to reach the payout amount in a single region to get paid: you cannot sum across all regions...

RunToTheHills
Jul 7, 2010, 06:32 PM
Payments are per-region. So that payment is for the US region only. Note that this means you have to reach the payout amount in a single region to get paid: you cannot sum across all regions...

Excellent. Thanks very much for your response. So do you mean that because I may not have sold enough apps in other countries to reach their payment amount; that is the reason why I'm not seeing something in that list of reports that is like yaddayaddayadda_AU_PYMT.txt (implying a check cut based on Australian sales); meaning they haven't sent me a check yet? Or else I'd see it in that list, no?

dejo
Jul 7, 2010, 06:43 PM
So do you mean that because I may not have sold enough apps in other countries to reach their payment amount; that is the reason why I'm not seeing something in that list of reports that is like yaddayaddayadda_AU_PYMT.txt (implying a check cut based on Australian sales); meaning they haven't sent me a check yet? Or else I'd see it in that list, no?
Yes, that is the reason. But you need to think of regions and not just countries. For example, the AU region includes the country of New Zealand.

harry65
Jul 7, 2010, 10:04 PM
Out of curiosity, what happens with regions where you don't ever make the minimum payout? Does Apple keep this money, or does it get paid out at the end of the year (or some other period)?

Thanks.

dejo
Jul 7, 2010, 11:44 PM
Out of curiosity, what happens with regions where you don't ever make the minimum payout? Does Apple keep this money, or does it get paid out at the end of the year (or some other period)?
Apple has been known to pay out remaining amounts at the end of the year but there's no guarantee.

harry65
Jul 8, 2010, 12:05 AM
Thanks dejo!