PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 1st gen ipod... 5gb...

mulletman13
Nov 4, 2004, 04:03 PM
Curious if anybody has a first or second gen ipod they are willing to sell for cheap... Doesnt matter how much battery life it gets, or even if it functions all the time, I'm just looking for something really cheap so I can try to mod a few things, and see how the innards of it work.

Thanks!

rickvanr
Nov 4, 2004, 04:51 PM
I have one sitting at home collecting dust

Jovian9
Nov 4, 2004, 05:00 PM
I have one sitting here that does not work. I'm not sure but I think it is the hard drive b/c I can get power to it. It is my sisters so I've been trying to figure out whether or not to sell it or try to get it fixed. If you're interested in a cheaper solution to fix up and mod, let me know.

Mechcozmo
Nov 4, 2004, 06:51 PM
I have a working one. How much do you want for it? It is still very usable, and so I wouldn't want to part for it unless it was a good offer. The scroll wheel is in good condition, the FireWire port still works (no bent pins), the backlight works, and the battery holds a good charge. 8 hours methinks, around there. Headphone port is also good. The back is scratched though, but I would be impressed if you could find an iPod that wasn't scratched.

Any other questions, post here or PM me. Posting is nicer :D

mulletman13
Nov 5, 2004, 01:53 AM
I've said before I don't really care about the shape of it, or if it doesnt have any cables.... but some guy recently sold a working 20gb 2g ipod for $100, so a half working/almost dead 1g 5gb ipod I could offer $40 or so?

If any takers please reply or PM me. I know this is a real low price but only reason I need it is to just test out some mods which I could potentially perform. ... and because i'm a broke/cheap college student :(

Thanks in advance!

PS: I also have a couple laptop hard drives if somebody would want one in exchange, and I have a ton of new and sealed xbox games if anybody is interested. Thanks :)

macg4
Nov 5, 2004, 11:39 PM
Ive got a 2nd gen 20gig for sale with new sony headphones,firewire cables, case and itrip. Im looking for like $185ish

iloveapple
Nov 6, 2004, 12:50 AM
i got a 1st gen 10 gig ipod,not a scratch,barely used,it works perfectley.How much would you pay?

StarbucksSam
Nov 21, 2004, 08:39 PM
I have an original five - not working - $60 - would work with batt replacement I think because it works plugged in. Search my posts and find the thread or PM me for more info.

--Sam