PDA

View Full Version : Apple Drops iTunes 4.2 Support from the iTunes Music Store

MacBytes
Nov 4, 2004, 04:09 PM
Category: Apple Software
Link: Apple Drops iTunes 4.2 Support from the iTunes Music Store (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20041104170908)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

reckless_0001
Nov 4, 2004, 04:22 PM
I heard some people were getting mad :mad: because Apple did this.. that's crazy :eek: it's not like it takes long to go and download the latest version :o . They are already downloading songs from there why not dowload the latest client ;) .

1macker1
Nov 4, 2004, 04:45 PM
I guess it depends on how big the download is, and whether they have dial up or DSL. If I had dial up, i know download a big file would be the last thing on my to do list. But hey, start the download before you go to bed, and when u wake up in the morning, you'll have the new version of iTunes. It's almost like you got a visit from the tooth fairy!
I heard some people were getting mad :mad: because Apple did this.. that's crazy :eek: it's not like it takes long to go and download the latest version :o . They are already downloading songs from there why not dowload the latest client ;) .

macridah
Nov 4, 2004, 04:56 PM

true that, but I wonder if there is a technical or security reason why they can't use 4.2 to download music. Or maybe cause the iTune software hacks are still compatible with 4.2. But I would definitely upgrade .5 versions up ... so cool new features were added ... airtunes, imix, etc.

nagromme
Nov 4, 2004, 06:10 PM
The iTMS is a system with software on the server side AND on the client side. Obviously, as it moves forward, you'll occasionally need to upgrade the client side and not just the server side.