A-race
Nov 4, 2004, 07:06 PM
Hey everyone.
Need these parts for a 266mhz G3 Wallstreet PowerBook:
-Hinges (left and right)/clutch
-Display inverter
OR
-Entire 14.1 in screen w/ hinges and inverter

Let me know (zach_arace_11@yahoo.com)...
Thanks,
Zach Arace

RacerX
Nov 4, 2004, 07:38 PM
PBparts (http://www.pbparts.com/) would be the first place I would look.

A-race
Nov 4, 2004, 09:13 PM
PBparts (http://www.pbparts.com/) would be the first place I would look.

Thanks a lot for the advice.

TLRedhawke
Nov 4, 2004, 09:17 PM
Um....PBParts would be great if you want to pay more for the screen than you could sell the laptop for. I'd say check eBay. A Wallstreet is not worth spending $300-400 on, unless you're gold plating the thing.

TLRedhawke
Nov 4, 2004, 09:19 PM
My mistake, the refurbished LCD for a Wallstreet is only $150, when the same part will go on eBay for probably $90. If it was a new part, it would be worth considering, but for refurbished, eBay works just as well.

iBook
Nov 4, 2004, 09:20 PM
Hey,

I have a 300 MHz Wallstreet with all of the parts you need.

Make me an offer.

Last time that I used the computer, the display had no dead pixels.

A-race
Nov 4, 2004, 09:24 PM
Hey,

I have a 300 MHz Wallstreet with all of the parts you need.

Make me an offer.

Last time that I used the computer, the display had no dead pixels.

Is it working? Not that I need it to be, just wondering so I can price it.

Thanks a lot.

iBook
Nov 5, 2004, 05:32 PM
There is an issue, however, with the power connector. You need to bend it upward slightly for the battery to charge or to run the computer from the power cord.

The battery will hold a charge - 2 hours, give or take a few minutes.

The computer has a CD-ROM. The DVD drive that came with it died, so I replaced it with a low-cost option.

Would make a great parts computer.

It's the 300 Mhz version. 14.1-inch color display. Last I used it, there were no dead pixels.

Let me know what it's worth to you.

NOTE: I received a couple of PMs about the computer, but I didn't see a respond option. Only "forward."

Elan0204
Nov 5, 2004, 05:48 PM
NOTE: I received a couple of PMs about the computer, but I didn't see a respond option. Only "forward."

I use the "Quote" button to reply to private messages. It includes the sender's message in your reply, just like most email program "Reply" buttons.

A-race
Nov 5, 2004, 06:11 PM
There is an issue, however, with the power connector. You need to bend it upward slightly for the battery to charge or to run the computer from the power cord.

The battery will hold a charge - 2 hours, give or take a few minutes.

The computer has a CD-ROM. The DVD drive that came with it died, so I replaced it with a low-cost option.

Would make a great parts computer.

It's the 300 Mhz version. 14.1-inch color display. Last I used it, there were no dead pixels.

Let me know what it's worth to you.

Geese, I only have $40 right now. If you could remove the display with all parts, I'll take it.