PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys recommend screen protector?

erkanasu
Jul 7, 2010, 09:01 PM
Im picking my ipad up tomorrow at best buy. Do you guys recommend I get a screen protector (clear plastic)? Brand recommendations?

Mayo7
Jul 7, 2010, 09:39 PM
Depends on how careful you are with handing it and how much tolerance you have with slight inperfections..

The ipad screen is pretty good at resisting scratches but it still can get scratched. I was extremely careful with mine but i noticed a few tiny scratches that were only superficial - i.e. Impossible to locate while the screen is turned on and does not affect my experience in use at all - but a scratch is a scratch. If this "superficial" level of scratches will bother you, then i say go get a screen protector right away. If not, then you might be happy without any.

As for the brand, power support has a good reputation and for a very good reason. It's up to you if you want a clear type or anti-glare type.

iCheddar
Jul 7, 2010, 09:41 PM
I picked mine up partially because I'm worried about any screen damage, but also because I can't stand the texture of the glass after it gets all fingerprinted.

I have been a BestSkinsEver customer for some time now and was once again pleased with the product I bought. Ever since I picked a BSE skin for my iPhone 2G I've been using them ever since. All my iPhones, Macbook Pro, and now my iPad.

nixiemaiden
Jul 7, 2010, 09:51 PM
If you have pets or kids I say yes. I got one because I could see my dog scratching it. She stepped on my laptop all the time while I was using it.

iThinman
Jul 8, 2010, 01:38 AM
I just put on the anti-glare style and the matte is driving me nuts. I love the anti-glare and lack of finger prints, but I have a feeling I will rip this off by tomorrow.

KameronBriggs
Jul 8, 2010, 01:50 AM
I got one because I don't want to risk scratches from fingernails. It's an anti-glare, and I love it. I've always had anti-glares on all of my iPhone's, and they're the best IMO. Myne was a cheap one from ebay. I got 4 for 15 bucks. I'm still on Number 1. No scratches at all. That with the Apple iPad case (until the Hard Candy hard shell stand case comes out) are a good combo.

FirePak
Jul 8, 2010, 01:52 AM
I got one because i have a two year old who likes to throw things. Any insurance is good.

Lauting
Jul 8, 2010, 02:17 AM
I brought a Power support one and would recommend there screen protectors.

They must be amongst the best if not the best screen protectors on the market, bit pricey but honestly you pay for what you get.

Easy to apply and crystal clear.

:D

fruitytotheloom
Jul 8, 2010, 06:29 PM
I just turn around my silicone case, when ever I bring it anywhere.:cool:

haloworld
Jul 9, 2010, 02:35 AM
Im picking my ipad up tomorrow at best buy. Do you guys recommend I get a screen protector (clear plastic)? Brand recommendations?

Make sure that you get the anti-bubble screen protector. Otherwise, it is a pain to apply the screen protector.

MacAddiction
Jul 9, 2010, 05:49 AM

Also a big thumbs up on the PowerSupport. I use the matte finish and love it. It was easy to install and fits perfectly.