PDA

View Full Version : Regular (not the iPad version) Ristretto with iPad?

rgbyhkr
Jul 8, 2010, 07:47 AM
So yeah, I know Tom Bihn has an iPad specific version of the Ristretto. I was wondering if anyone has been using a regular (perhaps purchased previously before the iPad version was available) Ristretto that they use with the iPad. They difference appears only to be a slight bump in size (2.5" additional in width and height) with all other features the same. The internal padded compartment would be bigger, and that might lead to undesirable shifting around of the ipad, but since my iPad is almost always in a case anyway, that's no big deal. I know the whole point of the Ristretto design is not to take too much with you, I'm just wondering if that little bit of extra space might be handy every long now and then.

I've looked around for side by side shots of the 2 models, but haven't found any. If someone out there is using the regular version with their iPad, I'd love to hear their thoughts. Thanks!

Jeff

logista
Jul 8, 2010, 07:58 AM
You might want to poke around the tombihn forum. If you search for ipad in the forum (not the site), you'll see people talking about the 2 Ristrettos.

For instance, in this thread (http://www.tombihn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2764), somebody mentions using a larger Ristretto with an iPad. There are also pictures in other threads, but none side-by-side.

I carry my iPad in a custom sleeve in a Small Cafe Bag. That way I don't end up carrying too much!