PDA

View Full Version : Wrapsol Customer Service

dauerhippo
Jul 8, 2010, 01:03 PM
For those who are skeptical about spending ~30$ on a skin for their iPhone 4, I wanted to relate my experience with Wrapsol, hopefully to put your mind at ease about this company in particular. Having loved their original product for the 3GS, I ordered the ultra for my iPhone 4. When it arrived, I installed it, only to find that 1- there was ink all over the film, and 2- it "stretched" waaaay to much when I installed it, and so the button holes didn't even come close to lining up.

I contacted them immediately, and let them know what had happened. They emailed me back immediately, and offered to send me 2 additional ultras and 2 additional of their original matte version. They really believe that the ultra is a great product and wanted me to give it another try.

The maddening thing is that for some reason they sent it fedex, with signature required. I had to drive 15 miles each way to the nearest FedEx facility to pick it up (since I'm not home during the day when it gets delivered). When I opened the box, you can imagine how furious I was when it was completely empty. No films whatsoever!!!

I emailed them back. They were horrified. They immediately refunded my money completely, and sent me 4 free films (no signature required) and made it clear to me that they were changing their packaging policies to introduce accountability with the people who pacackge them, to ensure that this kind of thing never happens again.

The actual film itself: I realize when I put on the ultra that I had been installing it wrong. When I actually follow the instructions, the film goes on easily, and it's AMAZING. It is BY FAR clearer than any of the wet application films. No orange peel - it is more like the power support crystal films in terms of clarity than like the wet application films.

I would recommend this product to anyone, and even though it was a pain at first, their customer service really came through for me, and I'd trust them to order from again in the future.

robby818
Jul 8, 2010, 01:24 PM
Yep, great customer service. I am very happy with the matte look and feel of the original film. It really looks nice and is just what I was looking for.

I would only ask that Wrapsol reconsider it's packaging. It seems like a real waste of cardboard and quite frankly the book style box doesn't work all that well to protect the contents of the package-- there's lots of shifting if the box is not sealed tightly.

I also ordered a bestskins protector (just in case) and it arrived in a business envelope in absolutely perfect condition and it cost BSE just 44 cents to mail. So I'd ask Wrapsol: Why not save some money in packaging costs and shipping fees and pass on some of that savings to your customers?

herdinoh
Jul 8, 2010, 01:40 PM
Yup. Even though I am buying another film from BSE, I have to give credit to Wrapsol's customer service. They really try hard to make things right.

BTW, the hard paper cover for the film is really not necessary. Without it, Wrapsol probably will save a lot of money on shipping. Just use a good envelop, it will do the track.