Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andreab35

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
USA
Hello, everyone!

Although I've had a couple problems with my MBA, Apple has taken care of me very well and I'm still in love with my laptop. :)

After I got my laptop back after repair for the hinges suddenly breaking on me, my laptop has been heating up really badly, especially while it's charging. I've hardly had this issue in the past. The area where it charges on the laptop gets extremely hot to the touch and the laptop becomes unbearable to actually put the laptop on my lap. I make sure the fans are free and are unblocked.
The charger gets very hot as well... hotter than I ever remember it being. I actually have to unplug the laptop from charging so the fans can slow down and for the laptop to cool down a bit.

At the moment, I have only Safari open with this single tab here with me typing this post and my fans are on sky high. I've checked if anything is running in the background through the system utility and there isn't anything.

Is this an issue I should pursue or should I deem it as being normal activity? Should I download something to report back fan speeds and temperatures to see if my concern is a possible issue?

Thanks for the help!

manhattanboy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
In ur GF's bed, Oh no he didn't!
As a fellow Rev B owner, that's pretty normal...

However, I do think that the MBA battery is she-at, so if U are really concerned, make an appointment @ the Apple "Friend" bar and watch them banter over your battery performance with some special tests.

Who knows... maybe they'll deem it garbage & replace it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.