PDA

View Full Version : TiBook :)

Quad 2.5 G5 =)
Jul 8, 2010, 11:59 PM
I just recieved, for temporary use, a TiBook G4. I'm very excited about it, and other than being a bit slower than usual (I'm getting used to it), it is the most fun Macintosh I've had yet. I'm not sure what it is about it, but it has character, and seems to want to do anything I throw at it (currently, web browsing xD)
Only 667MHz G4 processor, and 768MB of RAM, with a 30GB Hard Drive, but it's a blast. Anything I should watch out for? The screen backlight seems extremely bright, for it being built in 2001.

drewdle
Jul 9, 2010, 12:14 AM
Be gentle with the hinges. That was a known problem area.

TiBooks are awesome. Our tech at work has the top end 1Ghz variety and it's pretty sweet.

Quad 2.5 G5 =)
Jul 9, 2010, 12:23 AM
Be gentle with the hinges. That was a known problem area.

TiBooks are awesome. Our tech at work has the top end 1Ghz variety and it's pretty sweet.

Will do, the battery is all about gone, so I'm just stuck at the wall, nothing new there. I used to think about people with..older tech, and just laughed, my slowest Mac being a 1.5 G4, but now that I have one that is much older than that, I don't really mind it being slower, it's still a Mac.

Hrududu
Jul 9, 2010, 01:35 AM
I've got both 667 and 867MHz Tibooks. The 867 is MUCH faster, but the 667 is still very usable with Tiger. Like said before, the hinges are delicate, so open the screen from the center and slowly to avoid too much stress on them. Aside from feeling flimsy, they're actually built pretty well otherwise. Wifi reception isn't great if you are covering the antennas which are stupidly built into the bottom of the case (fixed with the Albooks).

frank.deale
Jul 9, 2010, 02:54 PM
I'm currently using my old PowerBook G4 with 400MHz and 1GB. This is my summer computer that I travel with and use to write outdoors. It works like a charm. I'm running OS 10.4.11 and the relaxed speed doesn't bother me. I am concerned that I have less than 500MB left on my hard drive.

At home I use my 5,1 MacBook Pro which I've basically turned into a desktop.