Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I am not sure if someone was drunk when they said hey, Let's put the SC Card Slot in the back of the Mini"

I understand it is out of the way, but why in the rear? why not on the side because after testing one out at the Apple store, I would have to move my Mini everytime to use it???

Some things just make me wonder who comes up with this stuff??? :eek:

i7QuadCoreMania

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
cause it costs money to cut a slit in the front, and takes away from its Unibody design, besides most people care less about the SDcard slot, since most us have one or 2 USB card readers for this kind of stuff.:p

bkspero

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2009
Be thankful

I am not sure if someone was drunk when they said hey, Let's put the SC Card Slot in the back of the Mini"

I understand it is out of the way, but why in the rear? why not on the side because after testing one out at the Apple store, I would have to move my Mini everytime to use it???

Some things just make me wonder who comes up with this stuff??? :eek:

That you aren't an iMac owner with a blind SD card slot right next to the optical drive slot. Got to the iMac forum and check out the tales of woe from people who got their SD cards stuck in their Superdrives by accident.

Remember, this is Apple. Form over function every time. Thinking about it, be grateful that the optical drive slot isn't on the side instead of the front.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.