PDA

View Full Version : FS: G3 Tower, G3 Desktop, 9500 Tower, Monitors, Accessories

lacrossegoalie4
Nov 5, 2004, 03:41 PM
Below I've listed some *basic* info about some items I would like to sell. As there are multiple items, I will be happy to post more info (photos, prices, etc.) for items you are interested in. Please forgive me, as I'm new to the Apple scene. You can check my E-bay feedback for user: lacrosse_guy48. Also, as an avid forum-reader myself, I ask that you please only inquire if you are interested in buying.

The list of items includes:

1) An "all-in-one" 5200/75 PowerPC, happily running OS 8.5.1

2) Two Beige G3's - one is a tower, one desktop. Both are in good condition, but will need new hard drives.

3) A 9500 series tower that needs a hard drive

4) Several Apple Monitors in GREAT condition, including a 21" Multiscan and two or three 19" and 17" options. These all have the older connection (the two-line one that works with the beige G3's). I've heard they will work with newer systems if you buy a VGA adapter.

5) A plethora of keyboards and mice (mostly Appledesign keyboards and "teardrop mice.")

6) SCSI Appleone Scanner

As these are older items that I mainly just want to get rid of, I will be selling each for around $30 + shipping (for the larger items), and as little as $8 + shipping for the keyboards/mice. I want to keep costs low, as shipping will be a bear for the big items.

I will be happy to provide any additional info -- perspective buyers only please!

Elan0204
Nov 5, 2004, 06:00 PM
Where are you located?

Can you tell me more about the specs of the Beige G3 PowerMacs?

lacrossegoalie4
Nov 5, 2004, 08:47 PM
Thanks for the reply! Here are some answers to your questions:

I am located in Missouri - however, I do make regular trips to Chicago, and I will be there over Thanksgiving if you are interested.

Some specs of interest on the G3's:

http://homepage2.nifty.com/yosemite_room/images/zu_pawerMacG3be.gif

The desktop is:
(straight off the back)
PowerPC G3 233 MHz, 512K Cache, 32 Mb, 4GB Hard Drive (needs replacement), 24X CD-Rom

The Tower, unfortunately doesn't have the specs listed on the outside, but it is identical to the one in the picture. It has a CD-rom, floppy, and zip drive in the front. The back features AV inputs and outputs, including S-Video. Inside, it has a mother board, RAM (though I can't tell how much), and a hard drive that needs to be replaced. It boots to a flashing floppy disk.

As I emphasized to one person who PMed me, *** Please note: these systems are currently in need of new hard drives. Both G3's boot to the flashing floppy disk icon. *** As far as I can tell, all other cables, RAM, processor, main board, ports, etc. are in great shape. I just want to make it very clear that these are being sold for parts and/or repair.

Elan0204
Nov 6, 2004, 01:13 PM
Are you willing to set an asking price on the Beige G3s?

lacrossegoalie4
Nov 6, 2004, 05:43 PM
Thanks for your post.

My asking price for each G3 is $30 + shipping for the desktop and $40 + shipping for the tower (as it has a zip, A/V ports, etc.). Again, they will need hard drives, but these systems are in otherwise good condition. I'll throw in an appledesign keyboard and "teardrop" mouse for free with either system. I'd also be willing to add an Apple Multiscan monitor to the system purchase for $25 + shipping.

Also, as you are in the Chicago area, I can bring the items for pickup in the North Suburbs over Thanksgiving.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

lacrossegoalie4
Nov 18, 2004, 11:16 AM
Hi,

I've sold the 5200, but the two Beige G3's and the 9500 are still available. I wanted to put one final post here before going to e-bay. Thanks! :)