Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BubbaJones

macrumors regular
May 13, 2004
East Coast
I'm also interested in knowing how well these headphones work.

I'm hopeful because I like that I can plug in any set of headphones into the adapter.

Thanks!

i7QuadCoreMania

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2009
I have one I use on my SE X10i and HTC HD2.

I have a 2nd gen running IOS4.0.

Radio is obvious independent of any phone you use.

so far the sound quality is awesome and the battery life is quite long. I am getting around 8 hours on a single charge.

the supplied headphones are a little weak, but have better ones in the mail.

on the X10i A2DP works, AVCRP works, just no tracknames displayed.

on the HD2, everything above including Track Names!

on the 2nd Gen ipod touch running 4.0, A2DP works, pause/play works, ff/rw doesn't work. (I imagine the same would be for the iphone 4) I looked on another site which confirmed that AVCRP implementation is not fully implemented by Apple:mad:

Nice thing about this is it allows mutliple profiles. I can sync 2 phones and 1 ipod touch. the music and the headset(for phone) can be sync'ed at the same time.

for the 55 bucks I spent, this is easily the best Bluetooth I've bought.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I just picked this up from mobilecityonline since I work in the area. So far, the radio part works great. I have an Etymotic HF2 so I'm not sure if the mic on the headset itself is disabled since the MW600 has its own mic or both mics are picking up sound.

xenuprime

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
I just picked this up from mobilecityonline since I work in the area. So far, the radio part works great. I have an Etymotic HF2 so I'm not sure if the mic on the headset itself is disabled since the MW600 has its own mic or both mics are picking up sound.

Does the display show track names in pandora and ipod (podcasts, etc..)?

Can anybody else with these paired to an iphone 4 give some reviews?

Ol!ver

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2005
Mine arrived today. Quality through the iPhone is excellent, but the Mac is awful.

Anyone else?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Does the display show track names in pandora and ipod (podcasts, etc..)?

Can anybody else with these paired to an iphone 4 give some reviews?

Unfortunately it doesn't display any of that. The only things that it displays are, when someone calls you, it displays their name if its in your address book, otherwise, it displays the number.

You can do voice dial with just a click of a button as well as others like hold, redial and such. The build quality is very nice, extremely light. I use my own headphones so can't comment on the one provided. Since my headphone is the Etymotic HF2 and it has its own mic, when you connect it with the MW600 and are on a call, your headset mic is disabled so you can only use the mic on the MW600 which I was bummed about, but then again, you don't want 2 mics to be on at the same time because you will hear nothing but background noise.

Also, when listening to radio station, it shows the name of the station, the song thats currently playing, or if you're listening to a talk show, the name of the show is displayed as well. Battery lasts a very long time. Best $50 I ever spent.

xenuprime

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
Unfortunately it doesn't display any of that. The only things that it displays are, when someone calls you, it displays their name if its in your address book, otherwise, it displays the number.

You can do voice dial with just a click of a button as well as others like hold, redial and such. The build quality is very nice, extremely light. I use my own headphones so can't comment on the one provided. Since my headphone is the Etymotic HF2 and it has its own mic, when you connect it with the MW600 and are on a call, your headset mic is disabled so you can only use the mic on the MW600 which I was bummed about, but then again, you don't want 2 mics to be on at the same time because you will hear nothing but background noise.

Also, when listening to radio station, it shows the name of the station, the song thats currently playing, or if you're listening to a talk show, the name of the show is displayed as well. Battery lasts a very long time. Best $50 I ever spent.

Thanks! Does the forward/backward track buttons work for iphone 4? I have heard that they do and that they don't.

BubbaJones

macrumors regular
May 13, 2004
East Coast
I got mine a few weeks ago. The forward back button doesn't work, just pause/play.

The volume "slider" is a bit weird but if you can avoid touching it, it shouldn't be a problem.

I've been having a problem syncing it to both the iPhone and MacBook. It appears like it only wants one or the other. I'm assuming I did something wrong, but I haven't had a lot of time to experiment. However, it works equally well with the laptop.

Sound quality is really good, even with the cheap buds Sony provided. That I don't like is the extremely short wire. I understand that they want you to clip the unit to your shirt collar so you can use the microphone, but I'd rather clip it to my pocket. Amazon has some Etymotics and Ultimate Ears on sale right now, so I might pick one up.

The only other thing I can think of to say is, if you get one order a micro-usb cable too. I have the charger at work (because I spend 50% of my day there...), but I've forgotten to bring it home on the weekend. If I had a micro-usb cable I could charge the unit at home.

M Quick

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
Just to update to this thread for future reference that wants to buy this thing or get it.

Track names shows up on the MW600, you can change track and go back, play/pause of course on an iPhone 4s. I would think this is because of iOS5 so it should work flawlessly on the 3GS as well.

Works with my macbook as well using OSX Lion. Shows track names etc and you can remote control iTunes with the buttons fw/rr..

And ofcourse, you can fast forward or go back by holding fw/rr button in until you get where you want.

So all in all, versus over a year ago and today, it's a totally different thing to go with the iPhone imho.

TypeMRT

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2007
Just to update to this thread for future reference that wants to buy this thing or get it.

Thanks for the update. Do the Apple headphones work? It would be nice to bypass the finicky volume slider on the MW600 and just use the headphone's volume buttons and mic.
Thanks.

fronzman

macrumors newbie
Jan 5, 2012
How about Siri performance with these? I've tried other BT stereo headsets and they sucked with Siri.

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Just want to get an update from someone using this. Does it fare well with iPhone 4S and all functions work ?

Also does the headset work fine with 3rd party apps like AV Player etc ? I mean only the audio part, i am sure the controls won't work but for 3rd party apps like AV Player etc, the audio will be router to the bluetooth right ?

Btw i am on iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1

Last edited:

rak007

macrumors 6502a
Oct 31, 2011
Just want to get an update from someone using this. Does it fare well with iPhone 4S and all functions work ?

Also does the headset work fine with 3rd party apps like AV Player etc ? I mean only the audio part, i am sure the controls won't work but for 3rd party apps like AV Player etc, the audio will be router to the bluetooth right ?

Btw i am on iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1

Bumping this thread...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.