PDA

View Full Version : Otterbox Ipad case now avail.

MacModMachine
Jul 9, 2010, 10:50 AM
this is a heads up anyone waiting this out....

there now avail. at www.otterbox.com

will review as soon as i get mine.

Mr79
Jul 9, 2010, 10:52 AM
Just got the email.
I got excited.....

HE15MAN
Jul 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
Free shipping on all orders, but the cases are $89.99 and $64.99 !

steel magnolia
Jul 9, 2010, 11:13 AM
Just placed an order for the Defender model, I have a grandchild that uses my iPad and need the protection. Been waiting for this, even paid extra for shipping just to get it here asap!
It may add some bulk but just to have the piece of mind is worth it to me, will let you guys know what I think when it arrives first of next week!:)

Patty

CAScading
Jul 9, 2010, 11:28 AM
Just received my sales order confirmation.

Angryipadguy
Jul 9, 2010, 12:50 PM
About time.

cobaltrich27
Jul 9, 2010, 12:51 PM
Free shipping on all orders, but the cases are $89.99 and $64.99 !

WOOHOO Yes got the email this morning & placed my order for the defender.

I went with free shipping and dont forget to enter PROMO CODE: july04

Here is the link to promo info expires at midnight tonight so HURRY :eek:

http://www.otterbox.com/newsletter-july-2010

For those that missed the promo on this order dont miss out when the iPhone 4 cases come out.

http://www.otterbox.com/newsletter-signup/

CHEERS :D

jreuschl
Jul 9, 2010, 01:17 PM
I'm tempted, but at $65 and $90, I'll wait for the early adopters to review ;)

Biff...
Jul 9, 2010, 01:44 PM
I'm in, the way my kids play with the iPad I defientely need one. Just got my sales confirmation.

bornblind
Jul 9, 2010, 01:57 PM
this is a heads up anyone waiting this out....

there now avail. at www.otterbox.com

will review as soon as i get mine.

Now I just need a iPad :)

Southern Dad
Jul 9, 2010, 03:19 PM
I'd rather go without a case and purchase the Square Trade protection.

Mr. Biggles
Jul 9, 2010, 06:11 PM
I went with free shipping and dont forget to enter PROMO CODE: july04

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/otterbox.com for 10% off coupons

martosprint
Jul 9, 2010, 07:13 PM
I bought this all leather iPad case from Temple. It was quite expensive but it protects the iPad in all the corners and is well padded.

http://templebags.com/blog/

Angryipadguy
Jul 9, 2010, 07:24 PM
Got my tracking number. Looks like it will be here on Monday!

Angryipadguy
Jul 9, 2010, 07:26 PM
I bought this all leather iPad case from Temple. It was quite expensive but it protects the iPad in all the corners and is well padded.

http://templebags.com/blog/

That's a bit metro sexual man purse for my tastes. I need a rugged case that works on building sites that don't make me look like a mincer! ;)

J71
Jul 9, 2010, 07:35 PM
Great! I really like the Otterbox Commuter case for my iPhone so I am definitely interested in the Defender case for the iPad. I'll check out the early reviews before plucking down $90 for this case though!

SouthBeachMac
Jul 9, 2010, 08:30 PM
Is it just me or does the Defender case on the shown iPad look like it has a camera hole on the iPad? Weird.

Link (http://www.otterbox.com/ipad-cases/ipad-defender-series-case/)

eye
Jul 9, 2010, 08:35 PM
I'm getting the defender. I put an otter box on my first gen iPhone a few years back and it's been through falls, dog attacks, being pounded in my pocket while I work out, and the abuse of a two year old and doesn't have a scratch on it. They make good products that will make your purchase last.

cobaltrich27
Jul 9, 2010, 10:25 PM
Got my tracking number. Looks like it will be here on Monday!

DooD when I ordered earlier today said would be 7-10 days before it ships so I just figured it will get here in couple weeks but saw your post so I went back to the order email for a 2nd look.

Mine has also shipped currently in JOHNSTOWN, CO 6:55pm HEHE via Fedex tracking info will be here on Tues the 13th and I selected free shipping awesome :D

opticalserenity
Jul 9, 2010, 10:42 PM
Between their sloppy customer service, and how long it took them to get it out, I already went with a combination of Belkin Grip Vue + Marware Eco Vue...and that combo was cheaper...sigh. $90, really Otter?

cobaltrich27
Jul 9, 2010, 11:15 PM
Between their sloppy customer service, and how long it took them to get it out, I already went with a combination of Belkin Grip Vue + Marware Eco Vue...and that combo was cheaper...sigh. $90, really Otter?

Well I admit when I emailed the company about the available status for the otterbox iPad case I got a reply from Alex June 17th saying he had no idea when the item would be available. Keep in mind I bought my iPad on the first launch day so all ready been waiting for a while as it is.

I also asked if there would be any kind of discount he could give me for holding off and waiting to buy from them and he simply told me no discounts.

Kinda felt like a dead end road with not much courtesy in the reply.

Anyways I recently got my first newsletter with the $4 off promo code he could have mentioned the fact they do have promo's via newsletter I figured it out on my own.

So I do see the need for growth in the promotional dept of this company. I did finally respond to his June email today after I placed an order for the iPad Defender that included a $4 discount he told me I would never get :p:p:p

I have never ordered from them only seen the cases my friends have. I dont like to waste money on accessories my 2 3G's, 2 iPod Touches all have generic cases I didnt discover otter till after those case purchases.

Anyways after I bought my iPad I decided I would wait for Otter to try it out. I also have 2 new iPhone 4G's bought some cheap cases on Ebay for $5 till Otter gets them out.

Bottom line most people I know that have them tell some pretty good stories of this brand saving them from a broken device so thats what sold me and hoping this small investment in protection is all I will ever need to buy for it.

What info do you have to share that made you feel this way incase there is something we all should know?

Thanks

Alicia4065
Jul 10, 2010, 07:28 PM
Just order the ipad defender and now waiting for them to release the iphone 4 defender. I so used the link that Mr. Biggles posted to get 10% off which still works by the way. :D

arcangel6
Jul 10, 2010, 11:14 PM
The Defender looks like a great case but the frame border around the screen looks like it is too wide and actually encroaches into the usable screen area. I'd like to know if this is the case or not.

Joe

Ctrix65513
Jul 11, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'd rather go without a case and purchase the Square Trade protection.

I agree... I was waiting for this case or the Drawcase (which has been plagued by numerous delays) but at this point and price Im thinking the Square Trade protection is the way to go.

tmarks11
Jul 11, 2010, 04:16 PM
I let my 4yo and 8yo use my iPad, and was waiting for the defender case to come out so I could relax a little.

But I just looked at the dimensions; the defender case is 0.94 inches thick. No way am I going to do that to my iPad. Even their commuter case is listed as 0.79 inches thick. A bit much, IMHO. I guess the TPU case that I have (hard candy) will have to be enough.

KameronBriggs
Jul 12, 2010, 02:32 AM
The Defender looks like a great case but the frame border around the screen looks like it is too wide and actually encroaches into the usable screen area. I'd like to know if this is the case or not.

Joe

Same here... I'll wait for the early adopters to review it, and see if I wanna spend that much for a case!!

jreuschl
Jul 12, 2010, 11:17 AM
Also, the weight of the defender series is 12 oz, commuter series 6.5 oz... I'm sure the defender at least adds a noticeable amount of weight to the iPad.

oghowie
Jul 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
A cut out in the back of the Commuter series? Wtf...

Mr. Biggles
Jul 12, 2010, 01:08 PM
A cut out in the back of the Commuter series? Wtf...

Because that's where the WIFI antenna is located.

oghowie
Jul 12, 2010, 01:15 PM
Because that's where the WIFI antenna is located.

I'm talking about on the Commuter where the Apple logo is.

dcsatt
Jul 12, 2010, 01:22 PM
Is it just me or does the Defender case on the shown iPad look like it has a camera hole on the iPad? Weird.

Link (http://www.otterbox.com/ipad-cases/ipad-defender-series-case/)

Ambient light sensor.

PBG4 Dude
Jul 12, 2010, 01:22 PM
I'm talking about on the Commuter where the Apple logo is.

Like the previous poster said, that's where the antenna is. The Apple logo is plastic on the WiFi model so signals can get past the aluminum case.

cobaltrich27
Jul 13, 2010, 10:27 AM
Also, the weight of the defender series is 12 oz, commuter series 6.5 oz... I'm sure the defender at least adds a noticeable amount of weight to the iPad.

OK finally my iPad is safe! Got my defender this morning. You are right this does add some weight to the iPad. Not an issue for me but those needing the iPad to remain light weight may consider the other type.

Other bonus items included that I didn't see mentioned are a screen protector with squeegee applicator & cleaning cloth.

I say thumbs up for otterbox.

MacModMachine
Jul 13, 2010, 10:29 AM
OK finally my iPad is safe! Got my defender this morning. You are right this does add some weight to the iPad. Not an issue for me but those needing the iPad to remain light weight may consider the other type.

Other bonus item included that I didn't see mentioned are a screen protector with squeegee & cleaning cloth.

I say thumbs up for otterbox.

just got my commuter.....im taking pics and review now.

oghowie
Jul 13, 2010, 11:26 AM
Like the previous poster said, that's where the antenna is. The Apple logo is plastic on the WiFi model so signals can get past the aluminum case.

Ah, I see. Interesting since I since I see a lot of other cases that cover it up.

MacModMachine
Jul 13, 2010, 12:38 PM
The otterbox commuter is a great case, just got it in

very sturdy, great access to ports, no difference in antenna reception noticed.

The commuter and defender come with screen protectors (which i did not install).

It was a bit hard to put together but i finally got it, the only gripe i have about it is the panel for the dock connector is tough to get back on after removed, other then that its fantastic.

screens

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0052/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0053/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0054/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0055/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0056/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0057/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0058/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0059/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0060/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

http://gallery.me.com/joshdboone/100051/IMG_0061/web.jpg?ver=12790424870001

Angryipadguy
Jul 13, 2010, 03:18 PM
Well after using the defender for the last few days I have to say I'm well impressed. I no longer look like a tool when I take the thing on construction sites and it def looks and feelsmlike its tuff. Didn't install the screen protector as it looked like crap but the cover that come with the defender is more than enough protection. 5 stars from me.

c483125117
Jul 13, 2010, 03:49 PM
Angryipadguy - can you take a photo of the headphone port? I want to see if my aftermarket headphones will work with it. Thanks!

Mr79
Jul 13, 2010, 03:53 PM
can someone with the defender case post photos please!?

Thanks! :)

Angryipadguy
Jul 13, 2010, 04:30 PM
Batt flat on my cam as I just tried to take pics. But headphone slot is pretty large. It is about 6mm x 8mm wide. Def large enough for most headphone plugs I have ever seen. I will post a pic later on when my cam is charged. But I am very impressed with the case. Very robust looking and meaty. Heavy but makes the iPad feel nicer than without it.

lazybusinessman
Jul 13, 2010, 04:54 PM
i have a defender case waiting for me when i get home from work. ill try and take some pictures if my camera is charged.

iPadztr
Jul 13, 2010, 07:11 PM
would love to see some pics of the dfender installed as well. Thanks for the early adopters :)

cobaltrich27
Jul 14, 2010, 01:02 AM
would love to see some pics of the dfender installed as well. Thanks for the early adopters :)

Here ya go :D

NOTE: There is a little adhesive plastic dot holding the charge bracket during shipping make sure you remove this before assembly.

Also make sure your not pushing on this bracket with your thumb while trying to remove/insert this bracket or will make it difficult.

I threw in a few of my toys just to show scale size but with macrumors pic size limits makes it hard to see detail.

cobaltrich27
Jul 14, 2010, 01:05 AM
More pics of the Defender.

cobaltrich27
Jul 14, 2010, 01:08 AM
I wanted to show larger pics but had to resize due to macrumors size limits. I might upload online later and link them high res pics if I get the time.

cobaltrich27
Jul 14, 2010, 01:14 AM
OOps 2 more here ya go. Hope this gives yall a good taste of what it looks like Im sure someone will post some higher res photo if not let me know and I will take the time to get em up this weekend.

I love the solid rugged look and feel of my iPad this otterbox s here to stay :D

Mr79
Jul 14, 2010, 06:47 AM
Does the defender have a screen cover applied to the case already like on the iphone defender cases or is it separate now?
I couldn't tell from those pictures.
The case looks really awesome!

Much thanks for posting the photos!

Look like I will be purchasing one!!

cobaltrich27
Jul 14, 2010, 10:44 AM
Does the defender have a screen cover applied to the case already like on the iphone defender cases or is it separate now?
I couldn't tell from those pictures.
The case looks really awesome!

Much thanks for posting the photos!

Look like I will be purchasing one!!

There is pic of it in my first post of photos just to the right of the yellow screen cloth it is separate from the case. Also included in that photo is the little squeegee to apply the screen protector.

I havnt put mine on yet either till I finish goofing around with the case. I work in the O.R. so when I'm ready will take it into a clean air room and seal the deal.

Y'all can click on each photo then click again and should zoom a little will give better close up of each photo when looking from a larger screen like a laptop. Otherwise click on a photo will open a new browser window then stretch on iPhone works to zoom in.

Let me know if anyone needs to see a better pic of something specific?

Thanks

yelkceb
Jul 14, 2010, 10:58 AM
Just a note for people who try to install the defender. I had a wrapsol back protector and screen protector on my ipad and went to install the case forgetting that they were on. It slid on most of the way without any issue. Then got stuck. I didn't force it but it was completely stuck. Took me close to two hours to get it off.
Hopefully nobody else is as stupid as I am.

lazybusinessman
Jul 14, 2010, 12:44 PM
got my defender on last night. i also have full ghost armor on the case so it is a very snug fit. i dont recommend that, or at least take off the back portion first so it goes on better.

the case does add some weight. i personally dont have a problem with it. the case is very solid, and im now very confident i can take it anywhere, or throw it in any bag without worry. i also really love the little stand that pops up from the snap on cover. now i dont have to worry about buying a stand for my ipad when i want it to stand up.

for the people wondering if it affects any of the screen....no. it takes up just the area around the screen. so the whole touch portion of the screen is untouched and there are no problems doing anything. surfing, checking email, netflix, and playing some games last night everything was fine. no issues whatsoever.

great case if your looking for maximum protection and have the extra money to spend. im happy i did it, otterbox makes great stuff. the only thing i wish they would have changed (looks like the same issue on the commuter case) is the charging/sync port you have to take off the bottom flap. i wish they would have just put a little plug covering the port so you dont have to take the panel on/off just to charge. it is nice that you can still use the dock if you have one though.

prot0type
Jul 14, 2010, 04:25 PM
Hmm, was hoping to keep my back protector on in addition to the defender.

Not that that's a deal breaker anyway. Worst case scenario I'll just leave the screen protector on only.

lazybusinessman
Jul 14, 2010, 04:38 PM
yeah i wanted to leave mine on too....but its harder to get it on/off. if you can remove it i would, just to make the process easier. i learned the hard way. if i ever want to take this case off one day its going to be a pain in ass.

yelkceb
Jul 14, 2010, 05:26 PM
yeah i wanted to leave mine on too....but its harder to get it on/off. if you can remove it i would, just to make the process easier. i learned the hard way. if i ever want to take this case off one day its going to be a pain in ass.
Like I said earlier, getting it on was not bad with the front and back protectors but it was way too snug. Getting it off was a pain. I had to pull the screen protector off all the way and loosen it up with the spray that you use to put it on. Then I had to tap it off with a plastic knife(which later cut my thumb open)
It was a very bad experience and I am stupid for not thinking about it ahead of time.
I would HIGHLY recommend that you don't leave the back protector on when you put the case on. It would probably also be a good idea for Otter to put that on the box. Because mine slid on pretty easily to a point then it just wouldn't come off.

Biff...
Jul 14, 2010, 10:58 PM
just got my defender case on. Great fit, solid , well worth the money.

Only con, is that it doesn't come with the screen protector integrated, besides that I'm happy.

ipoddingalong
Jul 15, 2010, 04:08 AM
Great pics!

The hole cut-out in the back...is there one for the Defender, too? for some reason I can't load the website right now. If so, I was hoping Otterbox would provide a little piece of film to protect the exposed back. Thanks.

steel magnolia
Jul 15, 2010, 07:59 AM
There is a piece of film covering the cut out to protect the apple logo from scratches.

Patty

Biff...
Jul 15, 2010, 09:29 AM
I'm contemplating getting a Zagg screen cover, the provided screen cover seems kinda wimpy. For those that have the case, what do you think?

Ocon
Jul 15, 2010, 10:00 AM
I got my iPad Commuter case today, I love it apart from the dock panel has no access for a normal cable connection or camera connection kit. I may cut a small hole myself in the dock panel for access.

OverSpun
Jul 15, 2010, 09:57 PM
Ordered my commuter today too!. I'll check it out soon.

hubieonekanubie
Jul 15, 2010, 10:00 PM
I just ordered the defender. Will soon have a incase convertable book jacket for sale.

Biff...
Jul 15, 2010, 10:04 PM
Anybody that wants a Marware Eco Vue Case, pm me will sell.

thatisme
Jul 16, 2010, 08:07 AM
anyone else think that these are hideously ugly? I'm sorry, but for 80.00 or so, I would expect more attention to detail as to the apple logo cutout (just looks terrible) and from the pictures, I would expect better attention paid to the molding seams.

I'm not knocking anyone's choice here... I am just trying to understand the "hype" around the Otterbox products...:confused:

kidtnt27
Jul 16, 2010, 09:11 AM
anyone else think that these are hideously ugly? I'm sorry, but for 80.00 or so, I would expect more attention to detail as to the apple logo cutout (just looks terrible) and from the pictures, I would expect better attention paid to the molding seams.

I'm not knocking anyone's choice here... I am just trying to understand the "hype" around the Otterbox products...:confused:

The HYPE around otterbox stems more from the protection / security it provides for your device, and less from the aesthetics. At least for me it does.

vastoholic
Jul 16, 2010, 09:27 AM
^ +1. I'm not if the iPad cases will be as good as the iPhone cases but a lot of guys in my national guard unit use them on their iPhones. My buddy was showing it to me, tossing it around on a concrete floor and kicking it around. Those little things are amazing.

Biff...
Jul 16, 2010, 09:40 AM

The looks are secondary to me, my main concern is protection. I have a couple of rug rats that love to mess with my toys and I need as much protection as I can get. Based on my experience with my iphone defender case I took a shot with the ipad case. Time will tell if my investment will pay off.

Mr. Biggles
Jul 16, 2010, 10:18 AM

Ugly? I guess thats a personal opinion. I don't see it that way. As for the Apple cut-out, I'm neutral on that...not really that big of a distraction.

The case molding is superb on the Defender. The fit is exact, exactly why the iPad with a skin attached won't really fit. This precision is integral to the shock absorbtion this case provides. The Defender is extremely well engineeered/designed.

It's a niche case...one it fills very well.

OverSpun
Jul 16, 2010, 10:14 PM
Ugly? I guess thats a personal opinion. I don't see it that way. As for the Apple cut-out, I'm neutral on that...not really that big of a distraction.

The case molding is superb on the Defender. The fit is exact, exactly why the iPad with a skin attached won't really fit. This precision is integral to the shock absorbtion this case provides. The Defender is extremely well engineeered/designed.

It's a niche case...one it fills very well.

I agreed! I ordered a commuter, but only a few minutes after ordering that, and I switched my order to the Defender. Defender looks awesome. I think its designed well, and it looks great. It looks like a real tool, unless a kid toy now in the apple case. No, I can use my ipad at work, and using it around and being it safe now. The apple case is way too weak. If i dropped my ipad in that, it'll probably break. Also, defender will be great for travelling too. Im excited to see it in a few days.

Alicia4065
Jul 17, 2010, 02:14 AM
Well I can't wait to get my defender it should arrive early next week. I had a defender for the 3gs now waiting for them to release one for the iphone 4:)

fupresti
Jul 17, 2010, 09:56 PM
I got my Commuter case in on Thursday but the Defender series is still on backorder.

By the way, the screen protector that comes with the Commuter is TERRIBLE. Not a big deal, but was kind of disappointed in the quality.

Biff...
Jul 17, 2010, 10:08 PM
I got my Commuter case in on Thursday but the Defender series is still on backorder.

By the way, the screen protector that comes with the Commuter is TERRIBLE. Not a big deal, but was kind of disappointed in the quality.

I tossed my screen protector and put a zagg on.

OverSpun
Jul 17, 2010, 11:30 PM
Sounds like the film screen with otter box, I'll buy a powersupport films on iPad. They are amazing on my iPhone. I ordered them for my iPhone 4. :D

Kinobi
Jul 18, 2010, 09:09 AM
Do you think this case will interfere with Wifi and 3G?

hubieonekanubie
Jul 18, 2010, 02:11 PM

No

OverSpun
Jul 18, 2010, 02:56 PM

Otterbox has built their cases from kryponite. :D

Its fine. Wont bother it.

NauticalDan
Jul 19, 2010, 10:59 AM
I ordered both the comutter and the defender. I was planning to get just the comutter case, but figured I would try both.

I have to say, I'm glad I did. I much much much prefer the defender.

The defender case seems much better built. It does add some bulk, but the protection is amazing. For using around the house, I find that if I don't snap the front cover to the back and just leave it off, then the weight of it isn't much more noticeable than the weight of the comutter case.

And I actually like the look of the defender case (without the snap on cover) much better than the comutter case. In all the pictures, the comutter case looks sexier and sleeker, but in real life, the defender I think actually looks better. It is much higher quality. Definately worth the extra $20 in price.

prot0type
Jul 19, 2010, 09:02 PM
Already have a defender on the way, but I do have a question about the stand. Is it adjustable? I'm wondering if it can be set at different angles, especially low enough for typing.

jmor
Jul 19, 2010, 10:07 PM
That's a lot of protection, but you are sacrificing the form factor, thinness, and weight. :cool:

OverSpun
Jul 20, 2010, 01:36 AM
I ordered both the comutter and the defender. I was planning to get just the comutter case, but figured I would try both.

The defender case seems much better built. It does add some bulk, but the protection is amazing. For using around the house, I find that if I don't snap the front cover to the back and just leave it off, then the weight of it isn't much more noticeable than the weight of the comutter case.

And I actually like the look of the defender case (without the snap on cover) much better than the comutter case. In all the pictures, the comutter case looks sexier and sleeker, but in real life, the defender I think actually looks better. It is much higher quality. Definately worth the extra $20 in price.

Thats funny. I did the same thing. I ordered both commuter and defender, and they both show up tomorrow, and I've already made my choice on the defender after reading your post, and all the pictures. My first problem before, was that I wanted the commuter being thinner, but it seems like your defender without the back cover on it. I'll probably do the same thing. I'm excited for this case. The apple case was kind of a joke, so weak, and if I dropped my ipad once, it seems like it would break in this case, so Im glad that I ordered the defender.

cobaltrich27
Jul 20, 2010, 11:50 AM
Hey gang just a follow up I am still completely happy with my iPad Defender case after a week usage. Defender is very durable and gives the iPad a solid feel and construction.

I notice questions about the hole in the back I will be taking it apart this weekend for final assembly before my trip to Hawaii think Im done goofing around with it. I will put the screen protector on and take some final pics of the hole protector and screen protector on.

Hey just heads up head over to the iPhone accessories thread if you need a iPhone 4 Defender they are ready I will take pics once it gets here. I just ordered mine and the coupon codes still work :D

Looks like I get to email Alex at Otterbox AGAIN to let him know I got another discounted purchase. Alex was the rep that was very blunt with me & told me there are no discounts on Otterbox :p

Here is the code gives 10% off and free Fedex shipping WOOHOO!!!

Code: techbargains6100p

Cheers!!!

Alicia4065
Jul 20, 2010, 01:02 PM
Just received my Ipad Defender case today and order the Iphone 4 defender case and used techbargains6100p code on both items. :D

OverSpun
Jul 20, 2010, 01:17 PM
My defender is being delivered very soon today. Hurry fedex! :D

MaxPower49
Jul 20, 2010, 01:24 PM
How is the screen protector that comes with these OtterBox cases? Is it anti-glare? Does it show fingerprints? Trying to decide if I need to order PowerSupport screen protector when I order the case.

edsel12
Jul 20, 2010, 01:32 PM
Just received my Ipad Defender case today and order the Iphone 4 defender case and used techbargains6100p code on both items. :D

Just ordered the Iphone Defender case and used that code and it worked fine!

MaxPower49
Jul 20, 2010, 01:37 PM

Well, now that is interesting. I also think the Commuter looks better in the pictures... I was planning to order it but now you've got me scared to pull the trigger. :D

Seems like almost everyone commenting in this thread has the Defender... anyone else have thoughts on the Commuter?

OverSpun
Jul 20, 2010, 01:45 PM
Well, now that is interesting. I also think the Commuter looks better in the pictures... I was planning to order it but now you've got me scared to pull the trigger. :D

Seems like almost everyone commenting in this thread has the Defender... anyone else have thoughts on the Commuter?

Well, I figured that defender is only more than commuter, so I snagged one. Better for flying and traveling anywhere. Much better. I'll post my review too.

wodeh
Jul 20, 2010, 03:27 PM
OtterBox had a hell of a time scaling their case design practices up to something the size of the iPad. I have to hand it to them, though, they've done pretty well for a first attempt.

They are, however, not nearly as good as the iPhone/N900/N97 mini/Bold 9700 Commuter/Defender cases that I've tried and tested. I think there are some difficulties associated with covering something as big as the iPad that they'll need to resolve with new techniques- particularly the way the rubber on the defender version attaches to the underlying plastic case, it's really difficult to get right.

The Commuter case had me stumped for about half an hour, I just couldn't figure out how to get it on. But once on, I really liked it. It's a damned good example of a silicone/rubber case and actually looks pretty good.

The defender was much easier to get on, but the rubber layer is a nuisance to get seated correctly around the plastic frame. I loathe to say it for fear of belittling the sheer amount of effort that has gone into producing these cases, but I'm pretty sure OtterBox can do better! The Defender also has a gap around the slide-off dock cover and, on my sample at least, a slight gap above the Apple logo portal, both of which show the silver back of the iPad.. if only slightly.

The Defender also doesn't afford the iPad any screen protection (apart from with the supplied screen protector) which is a bit off. Those of you who have used an iPhone defender case will appreciate why, though. OtterBox had an issue with the thick plastic screen protector built into those cases, where it would "suck" down onto the iPhone screen. This could be more or less solved by also applying a screen protector, but imagine scaling that problem up to iPad proportions!

Fortunately you can clip the big plastic shell (which doubles as a stand) over the front to protect the screen in transit. But that's not going to help if you're placing the iPad in the hands of small children. That said, my 3 year old hasn't dropped or abused mine yet.

To summarize: the Commuter is a great case with brilliant edge protection but was, for me, a nightmare to get onto the iPad. The Defender is, as is typical of OtterBox, absolutely rock solid in terms of edge and corner protection- no other case I've tested comes close - but is somewhat lacking in screen protection.

I wouldn't hold your breath for a version 2.0, these were a long time in the making.

prot0type
Jul 20, 2010, 07:59 PM
To answer my own question, after reading a review online, the stand is not adjustable.

So is it comfortable typing at the angle pictured on otterbox's site? Or is anyone also lugging a 3rd party stand with them to set up for some note taking?

Mr. Biggles
Jul 20, 2010, 08:49 PM
To answer my own question, after reading a review online, the stand is not adjustable.

So is it comfortable typing at the angle pictured on otterbox's site? Or is anyone also lugging a 3rd party stand with them to set up for some note taking?

You can use the iPad on either side of the cover stand. If I were to guess, one side equals about 40 degree angle and the other ~30 degrees.

The 40 degree side works good for me for typing.

prot0type
Jul 21, 2010, 06:53 AM
Good to know, thanks.

MaxPower49
Jul 21, 2010, 11:50 AM
Some more pictures of the commuter here if anyone is interested. I'm thinking of ordering one of these.

http://www.insanely-great.com/news.php?id=11216

OverSpun
Jul 21, 2010, 09:52 PM
Some more pictures of the commuter here if anyone is interested. I'm thinking of ordering one of these.

http://www.insanely-great.com/news.php?id=11216

Wow, commuter looks really nice in those pics. The Defender to me, looks like a better idea for me for travelling and making it safer. Great pics from you. :D

MaxPower49
Jul 21, 2010, 10:41 PM
Found a good deal on the commuter on eBay ($43 shipped) if anyone is looking for one. The seller has great feedback so I hope it is legit. I ordered one and will report back.

http://iphone.ebay.com/Pages/ViewItem.aspx?sflag=1&aid=360283242901&sv=ipad%20otterbox%20commuter&emvcc=0

jsimpson
Jul 22, 2010, 12:07 PM
Got mine a little while ago and it has a bad looking spot on the rim of the opening for the screen. I'll be emailing otterbox about it for a replacement I suppose.:(
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll197/promatchrcr/image.jpg

Roobsa
Jul 22, 2010, 03:40 PM
Mine arrived today too. Excellent fit except for the discoloration on the back panel (see below). I've emailed customer services so I'm hoping they'll be able to ship one out to me ASAP. I don't want to have to pay for the shipping fees.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4099/4818998816_4ae30fe7ae_z.jpg

jsimpson
Jul 22, 2010, 03:52 PM
I pulled mine back out and looked and mine is same way. It has the weird whitish "stain" on it.:mad:

Correction, it seems to only show up when the light hits a certain way, almost like a difference in the plastic when it was molded.

Jakkar
Jul 22, 2010, 07:03 PM
My iPad and iPhone 4 Defender cases showed up today. Got both put on their respective device though the iPad was definitely more difficult, but still pretty simple.

The sticky rubber surround grabs an particles that get anywhere near it so it will certainly be difficult to keep it looking good during my daily commute. The case feels great and seems to be well built.

The big gap on the case on the picture of the back was because I did not have the tabs properly inserted into the case but after fixing that it is fitting very well.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/VPIVinylspinner/Defenderipad1.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/VPIVinylspinner/Defenderipad2.jpg

OverSpun
Jul 22, 2010, 07:11 PM
^^^^ How do you feel about the film screen on the front... I've read that they arent that great.... I am planning on ordering the powersupport screen to using that on my defender... but, fedex screwed up and it havent showed up at my house yet. So, I havent tried it yet.

Mr. Biggles
Jul 22, 2010, 07:37 PM
Correction, it seems to only show up when the light hits a certain way, almost like a difference in the plastic when it was molded.

Mines the same. Certain angles.

I don't know about others, but my case will soon have enough scuffs that this will become the non-issue it is.

Jakkar
Jul 22, 2010, 07:41 PM
^^^^ How do you feel about the film screen on the front... I've read that they arent that great.... I am planning on ordering the powersupport screen to using that on my defender... but, fedex screwed up and it havent showed up at my house yet. So, I havent tried it yet.

I did not use the screen protector. I installed the iPhone 4 case first and did not like the protector on that so I just skipped the protector of the iPad.

OverSpun
Jul 22, 2010, 07:44 PM
I did not use the screen protector. I installed the iPhone 4 case first and did not like the protector on that so I just skipped the protector of the iPad.

yea, I guess I'll just order the powersupport film for my ipad. That'll be way better.

MaxPower49
Jul 23, 2010, 07:26 AM
Do the otterbox covers make the volume and power buttons harder to press? I find that silicone coverings typically do... not as much with TPU.

Mr. Biggles
Jul 23, 2010, 09:30 AM
Do the otterbox covers make the volume and power buttons harder to press? I find that silicone coverings typically do... not as much with TPU.

Simple answer. Yes.

OverSpun
Jul 23, 2010, 10:41 AM
This is so annoying, my PO box returned my defender back to otter box over a week since otter shipped it to me. Ridiculous. I haven't even seen it. Ugh

prot0type
Jul 25, 2010, 05:24 PM
/sigh

At least your case was sent out to you. I made the mistake of ordering through eBay. Despite the description alluding to the defender being readily available, this wasn't so. Seller hasn't even received his inventory yet.

So now I have to wait till wednesday. Got my refund and ordered from another seller who confirmed having it in stock.

xraytech
Jul 27, 2010, 09:07 PM
Just received my Commuter today and it is awesome case. I'll post pics later tonight.

doodude
Jul 27, 2010, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the pictures everyone posted.

I have a couple of questions about the defender if anyone can help...

What does the Defender 'feel' like? Is it pliable rubber? Hard & plastic feeling? Is it coated in some way?

Is that stand built into the back/front cover secure enough to keep it from coming loose & rubbing against the screen when used to cover the front?

TIA...

I just noticed this statement...

"With a slim form factor and smooth outer layer, this case slides easily in and out of a pocket, purse or bag."

I guess this is in case you happen to be wearing your clown pants to work. You know, the one with the really big pockets! Ha ha...

xraytech
Jul 28, 2010, 12:30 AM
Seen videos of the Defender and thought that case was just way to big for me. The Commuter is just right for me.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/4836944422_9b4a4b1a45_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4083/4836943928_932a04a239_b.jpg

OverSpun
Jul 28, 2010, 01:41 AM
I LOVE my defender! It showed up today, and its amazing. Its not too big for me, or anything. Its perfect. Its safe, and looks great. I made a good choice snagging the def. case. ;)

ipoddingalong
Jul 28, 2010, 02:03 AM
I installed my Defender today with the Power Support USA shield. The shield took a long time for me to get on without bubbles. For some reason in the end I couldn't get rid of two long edge bubbles, no matter how many times I tried to get out air bubbles or dust. :D Luckily in the end I realized that the Defender would cover those parts of the iPad screen anyway, so my shield looks bubbleless. :p

I definitely recommend the Defender. It's very sturdy, smooth, and I feel I can pop on the lid and throw it in my bag without incident. I was going to get the iSkin, but the Defender shipped first, so I'm keeping it. It was much easier to install than I thought.

I found a how-to installation video by Otterbox: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSUDVeIBWvw

MaxPower49
Jul 28, 2010, 09:39 AM
Well, I got my OtterBox Commuter, and overall I’m pretty happy with it. I got it for $42 shipped on ebay… I think the seller I bought it from had it mispriced because he has now marked them up to $59. :D Anyways, it was much easier to put on that I was expecting. All of the reviews said it was really difficult to install, but I watched the video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3lBbVCOHNY) and had it on in 2 minutes. Didn’t use the screen protector… have a power support anti glare on the way. The case is a little heavier than I was expecting, but I have gotten used to it.

My only complaint is the dock cover piece… It is slightly loose and wiggles/squeaks just a little bit when you touch it. It only moves a few millimeters, but it is enough to be annoying because that is where you put your hand when holding the iPad in landscape. It isn’t in any danger of falling off, it just wiggles. Has anyone else noticed this with their commuter?

jsimpson
Jul 28, 2010, 09:47 AM
Got mine a little while ago and it has a bad looking spot on the rim of the opening for the screen. I'll be emailing otterbox about it for a replacement I suppose.:(
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll197/promatchrcr/image.jpg

Well I received an email back last night telling that they are sending me a replacement unit and I can just keep the one that has the bad spot on it. Awesome customer service!!

Biff...
Jul 28, 2010, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the pictures everyone posted.

I have a couple of questions about the defender if anyone can help...

What does the Defender 'feel' like? Is it pliable rubber? Hard & plastic feeling? Is it coated in some way?

Is that stand built into the back/front cover secure enough to keep it from coming loose & rubbing against the screen when used to cover the front?

TIA...

I just noticed this statement...

"With a slim form factor and smooth outer layer, this case slides easily in and out of a pocket, purse or bag."

I guess this is in case you happen to be wearing your clown pants to work. You know, the one with the really big pockets! Ha ha...

Feels like wet suit rubber, defientely very pliable, which gives you a good grip on your ipad, almost sticky like.

The Stand is not build in, and snaps in via four indentations built into the hard plastic shell. It wont budge unless you remove it. When my ipad is not in use, I usally put the stand in the front to protect my screen even further.

prot0type
Jul 28, 2010, 09:39 PM
My only complaint is the dock cover piece… It is slightly loose and wiggles/squeaks just a little bit when you touch it. It only moves a few millimeters, but it is enough to be annoying because that is where you put your hand when holding the iPad in landscape. It isn’t in any danger of falling off, it just wiggles. Has anyone else noticed this with their commuter?

Just received my commuter case today and Im digging it. Light, sleek and protection I can trust from otterbox.

I previously posted earlier in this thread about using a back protection film with a Defender and how it has caused a problem for some users. Well, I didn't listen and yes, same issue with the Commuter. It's an absolute pain trying to remove the dock cover so I got rid of the back protector, much easier now.

As for the wiggling of the cover, Im not noticing it too much. It still feels as if there is still enough tension on the cover's foam to prevent it from falling off. However, the cover is definitely not flush with the rest of the case. It's raised slightly so I feel where the cover meets the rest of the case, kinda annoying. It can probably be remedied by shaving some of the foam off, but I'm not going to sacrifice protection over something Im already getting used to. Maybe it'll go away after awhile once the iPad has broken in the case. Otherwise, I'll probably shoot otterbox an email to see if this is normal or not.

swwang
Jul 31, 2010, 08:42 PM
iPad defender owners, after installation do you have problems removing the docking station panel (the door)? I found it impossible to slide it open and I am afraid to use any more force than I already have for fear of doing damage to the case or the iPad. Any suggestions?
As you know, you also cannot charge the iPad without sliding the door open. So it's not a matter of choice.

Scott

Bmbernhardt
Aug 1, 2010, 08:51 AM
Hello All, new here. I am a recent Apple convert and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the "oil slick" on their iPad otterbox defender. I like everyone else need the protection of the defender and was stokednwhen it finally arrived. Took some time to figure it out due to the picture instructions but was happy. Until I noticed that the case was squeezing my iPad to the point it caused an oil slick under the screen. Emailed Alex with my problem and photos he sent me a new one ups ground. Just got it yesterday and once again was happy to finally have protection, but once again I got the oil slick in the middle of the screen(no screen guard was put on either time). You can't notice it when in applications but noticeable when screen is black. Can't be good for my iPad. Any other users noticing this at all? It only happens when I put the plastic shell completely on. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong or if this is a problem others are experiencing. It seems weird that two products would cause the same effect. I have googled to see if anyone else has had this problem, but no luck.
Any help or advice would be appreciated. I just emailed otterbox this morning.
Thanks all
Brian

Bmbernhardt
Aug 1, 2010, 08:53 AM
I found it qute hard to get the door off Scott. Make sure the circular sticker is gone as well.

Mr. Biggles
Aug 1, 2010, 11:44 AM
I am a recent Apple convert and am wondering if anyone else is experiencing the "oil slick" on their iPad otterbox defender. Any other users noticing this at all?
Any help or advice would be appreciated. I just emailed otterbox this morning.
Thanks all
Brian

I had a small one. In my case, when I removed the dock cover it disappeared. I narrowed it down to the tab area since it didn't appear until it 'clicked' into place. I used a dremel tool to remove a slight bit of plastic ( less than 0.5 mm ) in the area adjacent to the tab that snaps in place. If you look closely, you'll see where it's molded with some curvature. It's at that curvature point (change in thickness ...you'll see it I'm sure) that I did the grinding.

My 'oil slick' only appeared when I put a slight pressure on the screen. Gone completely now.

If you have a skin on the back of the iPad, it also may be the culprit. The Defender molding tolerances are tight tight.

Bmbernhardt
Aug 1, 2010, 12:39 PM
Going to try sanding it down. Regretably I get the oil slick as soon as I put the IPad into the first part if the exo skeleton. No back cover on iPad unless it comes with one. Was thinking of putting invisible guard on the screen and sanding down the thickness in certain areas. I love the design, feel, and protection but that oil slick drives me crazy.
Thanks for the help

Mr. Biggles
Aug 1, 2010, 01:35 PM
Going to try sanding it down. Regretably I get the oil slick as soon as I put the IPad into the first part if the exo skeleton. No back cover on iPad unless it comes with one.

Is your 'oil slick' all over?

I would have exchanged mine till I got a good one if it were in numerous areas. I found what caused mine almost immediately, and it was a quick/easy fix.

Bmbernhardt
Aug 1, 2010, 06:28 PM
My oil slick is just in the middle, it happens as soon as I put the second part of the exoskeleton on. It is not very big, maybe half a dime, but if pressure is applied it grows to about two inches in length less then a centimeter in width.
I had otterbox ship me a new one, and the problem is it happened again on the second one..
So I am resound to trying to manually fix it as you did. Ill post the success story if I get it done tonight.

Thanks again.. Wondering if anyone else had this problem?

clovis112
Aug 8, 2010, 06:58 AM
Just recieved my defender case yesterday (have to wait at fedex since there was no one at my house to accept the package and i dont want to wait till monday for them to redeliver) and it is insanely solid! it feels really tough and durable. i tossed my incase convertible coz that thing just slides my iPad inside and the ports are out of alignment.

those of you guys that didn't like the screen protector, is it really that bad?
i put mine on the iPad and its looks perfect. its a little bit fingerprint proof too compared to IS!

the dock cover is sometimes a pain to take off. do you think its gonna scratch the back of the iPad in the long run?

Mr. Biggles
Aug 8, 2010, 08:00 AM
the dock cover is sometimes a pain to take off. do you think its gonna scratch the back of the iPad in the long run?

I find it comes off very easy. I just push from (rather than pull) the cover indentation. It's lined with 'felt', so I hope it's not prone to scratches. I've removed the dock cover many times, and no scratches so far.

clovis112
Aug 8, 2010, 09:54 PM
I find it comes off very easy. I just push from (rather than pull) the cover indentation. It's lined with 'felt', so I hope it's not prone to scratches. I've removed the dock cover many times, and no scratches so far.

Maybe mine is still in the break-in period. ;) hopefully it wont scratch..

ronline
Aug 9, 2010, 06:41 PM
I just received my Defender Case and having the oil slick issue others have reported.
Seems to go away when the dock port cover is removed.
And this case makes the ipad heavy, wondering if i should have gotten the commuter instead.

I will a new tread to ask other who have both which one they prefer using.

clovis112
Aug 11, 2010, 05:37 AM
I just received my Defender Case and having the oil slick issue others have reported.
And this case makes the ipad heavy, wondering if i should have gotten the commuter instead.

i guess i got a good one since i'm not experiencing the "oil-slick" issues you guys are having..

Ssrat
Aug 13, 2010, 08:03 AM

I had the oil slick issue as well. I tried two different Defender cases. In the end Otterbox sent me a commuter case and will contact me when the Defender series is fixed to address this issue. When it is fixed I am going to send back the commuter for the defender.

I much prefer the defender over the commuter just because I travel a lot and need the extra protection that the defender series gives.

ronline
Aug 15, 2010, 04:43 AM
I had the oil slick issue as well. I tried two different Defender cases. In the end Otterbox sent me a commuter case and will contact me when the Defender series is fixed to address this issue. When it is fixed I am going to send back the commuter for the defender.

I much prefer the defender over the commuter just because I travel a lot and need the extra protection that the defender series gives.

I sent an email to Ottterbox about a week ago and only got an automatic response email that my email was received.
I took the case off and on a couple of times hoping the oil slick would go away. But now noticed like small press /dent on my iPad like the case is just squeezing it way to hard.

ronline
Aug 15, 2010, 02:29 PM

Also, do you notice a big difference in weight in the defender without the top cover vs the commuter?

Phil Lee
Aug 24, 2010, 09:43 AM
My Defender arrived this morning and I'm very pleased with it. I took off the Music Skin I've had on the back of my iPad and fitted the Defender with no problem at all. I don't have any oil slicks on the screen which is good.

I also fitted the included screen protector. I've not had one on my iPad until now and was impressed with how easy this one was to fit. The positioning tabs really make a difference. I was also lucky with bubbles. On the first attempt I only had one small bit of dust which was easily removed with a piece of cellotape.

I got the Defender to protect my iPad when I go off on holiday next week. I plan on using it as a media player and entertainment device for my 2 year old daughter so wanted some extra protection. Even though she won't be using it unsupervised, I still wanted some extra protection for the trip.

The Defender won't my everyday case but will definitely make my iPad more toddler proof.

heboil
Aug 26, 2010, 10:53 PM
Would you use the case and carry it in a bag that had no padding... just a nylon messenger type bag?

prot0type
Aug 27, 2010, 05:48 AM
Would you use the case and carry it in a bag that had no padding... just a nylon messenger type bag?

Personally, I believe the defender is fine by itself. As for the commuter, you may want to consider a netbook sleeve to help protect the screen.

dthmtlgod
Aug 27, 2010, 02:46 PM
Personally, I believe the defender is fine by itself. As for the commuter, you may want to consider a netbook sleeve to help protect the screen.

Picked up the commuter today at a Kiosk in Alpharetta. Sweet case. I have the commuter waiting for me at home for my IP4. Want to get rid of my bumper so bad.

Dhelsdon
Aug 28, 2010, 01:37 AM
I really want the defender case, right now I just can't justify spending the 90$ on a case, although I do own an otter case for my blackberry curve, and I know how great it is. Iam confident it could survive a toss from a rooftop (blackberry) in the case. Does anyone else own the defender. If so what are some pros and cons of it, aside from the oil slick issue and has that issue been addressed yet?

ronline
Sep 6, 2010, 06:05 AM
I really want the defender case, right now I just can't justify spending the 90$ on a case, although I do own an otter case for my blackberry curve, and I know how great it is. Iam confident it could survive a toss from a rooftop (blackberry) in the case. Does anyone else own the defender. If so what are some pros and cons of it, aside from the oil slick issue and has that issue been addressed yet?

The defender case is cheaper on Amazon.
But I got tired of waiting for the slow response for the oil slick problemm i had with the defender and ordered a commuter case on Amazon

kaplanreject
Sep 7, 2010, 02:05 PM
Anyone know if the power support anti glare under the screen of the defender will work for the oil slick.

I know it cured my Otterbox/iPhone oil slick issues.

On Edit:

Well, nevermind. I have just discovered that it does not come with the built in screen protector a la iPhone.

My apologies.

skullnbones
Sep 21, 2010, 09:32 PM
Does anyone who has both the defender and the commuter know if you can fit the removable cover/stand from the defender onto the commuter? I'd like the lighter commuter case but I would miss the stand as I type with a Bluetooth keyboard quite a bit.

xraytech
Sep 21, 2010, 09:42 PM
Does anyone who has both the defender and the commuter know if you can fit the removable cover/stand from the defender onto the commuter? I'd like the lighter commuter case but I would miss the stand as I type with a Bluetooth keyboard quite a bit.

I think you can use it as a stand but it will not snap onto the Commuter.

iamthekiller
Sep 22, 2010, 09:37 AM

$50 on amazon - free shipping

xraytech
Sep 22, 2010, 08:43 PM
Just got the Defender case and WOW, this thing is a Tank.

The fit and finish is a whole lot better than the Commuter case. Not going to use the removable shell, I don't see using it much. One thing I not a fan of is the fact that it is a Pet Hair Magnet.

Totally worth the $58.95 from eBay.

leeschill
Sep 22, 2010, 09:31 PM
Yup, Defender and Commuter are finally available. Defender is a beast. I'm thinking the Scosche is going to be a beast as well.

Hard Candy has a nice cushiony bubble case thats nice too.

Lhendrick
Sep 29, 2010, 09:22 PM
Looks like ass.

basicinstinct91
Oct 30, 2010, 02:58 PM
if you want to sell me your dented one let me know

Well I received an email back last night telling that they are sending me a replacement unit and I can just keep the one that has the bad spot on it. Awesome customer service!!

basicinstinct91
Oct 30, 2010, 06:38 PM
Bought my Defender case on Amazon.. too cheap to turn down
search for APL2-iPAD1-20-C4OTR because I am not sure linking is permitted

$50.29 free shipping

jsimpson
Oct 30, 2010, 06:47 PM
Couldn't wait for a reply? LOL

quigleybc
Oct 31, 2010, 06:44 PM
That case is cool

kandcats
Nov 6, 2010, 07:36 PM
I just got the Defender for my iPad today. LOVE IT!! Previously I was using the Acase flip-pad and I like this one a lot better! I ditched the screen protector though as I couldn't get the bubbles out.

I'm not sure if I want to get a Zagg invisi shield or not.

I've already purchased an iPad for my husband for Christmas and I plan to get him a Defender too as he travels for work.

87vert
Nov 7, 2010, 12:02 AM
We had someone donate 4 iPads to our hospital and they also donated otter box defenders. The screen protectors went on without a problem and I like the case but man is it heavy. But it will come in handy once we start giving these out to the kids.

Corsair.Noir
Nov 7, 2010, 05:07 PM
wasn't there a model with a glass touch through screen?