PDA

View Full Version : older Itouch wifi connection trouble

pinkcamo
Jul 9, 2010, 04:44 PM
I have an older itouch 16gb, that was stolen, after I got it back I can hardly access the internet, I've updated, restored and tried everything. I have linksys wireless, the only way I can get the itouch to connect is if I am sitting right next to my router, cannot get it to work in the next room. Any advice? Thank you

liamkp
Jul 9, 2010, 05:08 PM
I have an older itouch 16gb, that was stolen, after I got it back I can hardly access the internet, I've updated, restored and tried everything. I have linksys wireless, the only way I can get the itouch to connect is if I am sitting right next to my router, cannot get it to work in the next room. Any advice? Thank you

How'd you recover it? Are you updated to iOS4?

pinkcamo
Jul 9, 2010, 05:22 PM
not sure if I am updated to ios4, how would I know that? I went to my itunes and updated that, and checked for updates to my device and did that.
long story on how i recovered it, my teenage son took it to school, and someone there liked it more than my son did and decided to take it home.

liamkp
Jul 9, 2010, 07:40 PM
not sure if I am updated to ios4, how would I know that? I went to my itunes and updated that, and checked for updates to my device and did that.
long story on how i recovered it, my teenage son took it to school, and someone there liked it more than my son did and decided to take it home.

So it got "stolen" again?

KameronBriggs
Jul 12, 2010, 02:10 AM
idk.

liamkp
Jul 12, 2010, 09:25 AM
idk.

Helpful. :)

Kaji79
Jul 12, 2010, 07:55 PM
If it's a first gen (kinda boxy back) it's a common issue. The wifi for some reason gets really hot, and fails over time. You can usually get it replaced for 25$ or just use itunes to add apps.