Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Evacity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
I installed the BSE, install went swmooth, no bubbles everything fine. I put on the griffin reveal a day later and took it off today and the BSE kind of stuck to the reveal creating some bubbles and weird moisture issues. Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    904.1 KB · Views: 139

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
i'm having the same problem, but not as severe, with the belkin grip vue.

it seems that the tackiness of the case and the shield will cause this =/

not much we can do, i think.

i'm gonna install another and wait for the shield to cure for a day before putting a case on.

RBfKC10

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2010
The reveal was designed before Griffin had the iPhone 4 in hand (supposedly). This has led to a lot of problems such as the flash reflecting back into the lens (or causing problems anyway), and the edges of the case causing screen shields to come up.

I tried everything, and there really is no fixing it. You'll just have to hope that Griffin does exchanges when their new model comes out (or you could try to return it)

This type of issue is why Otterbox and others like them still don't have any cases out for the device. They'll release them when they're damn near foolproof and perfect.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
I have a Belkin Grip Vue with the Wrapsol Original Matte Back and have not had any issues even close to this.

Maybe this will help you out if you're looking for an alternative.

Evacity

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2009
I have a Belkin Grip Vue with the Wrapsol Original Matte Back and have not had any issues even close to this.

Maybe this will help you out if you're looking for an alternative.

Ya I know those work, the reason you are having no trouble is because yours is not as rubbery and it is half the size at only .06 mm. Where as the BSE is .12 or something like that

ram8727

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
Plastic (especially clear) & TPU cases plus BSE/Zagg/BodyGuardz/etc do not do well together because of the two materials. Wrapsol is another story and will work great cause of the matte material. If you want a good install of the skins you can use a silicone case to help the curing process. I like BSE+Candyshell combo the best. For less bulk, Case-Mate Barely There works well too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.